The New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
News on LifeClan ~ SWP 2016
Button for LifeClan Announcement
Button for Plot
Button for Vote
Staff

Administrator

*Smoke*

Moderators

Roo12

Kitty

Retired Administrator and Owner

Mini~
Maps
_
Clans
Click to enlarge
The New Era

Twoleg
Click to enlarge
The New Era
Affiliates
Warrior Clan CatsThe New EraThe New EraThe New Era
Latest topics
» Old friends getting in touch!
The Hunters -open- Empty26/06/20, 10:07 pm by *Smoke*

» A Life Worth Living and Loving (Private)
The Hunters -open- Empty05/06/17, 11:03 am by Kit

» Mediterranean Madness (Private; Roo & Smoke)
The Hunters -open- Empty06/04/17, 05:28 pm by Roo12

» In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~
The Hunters -open- Empty29/03/17, 07:32 am by Searisha

» Character Creation Guideline and Forms
The Hunters -open- Empty09/02/17, 09:45 pm by hollyleaf6610

» ThunderClan Allegiances
The Hunters -open- Empty09/02/17, 09:29 pm by hollyleaf6610

» Snowfang of Windclan
The Hunters -open- Empty26/01/17, 03:37 am by Silver

» Hey I'm new (^._.^)_/
The Hunters -open- Empty22/01/17, 06:25 pm by Roo12

» Hi, I'm new!
The Hunters -open- Empty01/01/17, 05:59 pm by Searisha

» Starlingpaw of ShadowClan
The Hunters -open- Empty01/01/17, 09:20 am by Searisha

The Hunters -open-

4 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Hunters -open- Empty The Hunters -open-

Post by Roo12 14/08/13, 05:23 pm

The sun sat high in the sky and the birds were singing their warning cries two hunters padded underneath their treetop dwellings, heads down and tails high. One was a young pup, pale whitish blue in color, with darker markings, and the other was a larger dog with long, brown and white fur. Suddenly, the larger dog looked up. "You smell that?" she whispered excitedly to her companion, "the trail is right here. Come here, can you smell it now? Try identifying what it is, Zane."
 Willow stepped back to give here pupil space to test the scent.  

Ooc: do you want this thread to be private, Meg? I just put it on open, but i can change it if you like
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

The Hunters -open- Empty Re: The Hunters -open-

Post by megarin 14/08/13, 07:11 pm

The pup turned to his trainer when she spoke. It almost surprised him since they had been stalking quietly for a while.
Almost.
He caught a whiff of odor. One he knew well.
Zane took in a deep breath and snuffled, just to make sure it was the prey he though it was.
"Um, it Doesn't smell like something huge like a deer, and it's not earthy like a rabbit," he whispered back, "It's a boar, right?"

OOC: You can leave it open if you want.
I'm sure anyone who joins will be reasonable.
If some one goes joins this thread and goes crazy I'll delete their posts and we can make this private.
That sound good to you?
Oh, and are you alright with Zane smelling a wild boar or did you want the scent to be something else?
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 15/08/13, 03:36 am

Willow stood up and wagged her tail with delight, "Perfect", she exclaimed "you got it bang on first time. I think there is a lone male foraging somewhere near here."
The collie sniffed the ground again. "I think.... he was heading in..." she paused, testing the scent, "That way, through those asp trees over there. Come on, he can't have got far."
The two dogs stalked excitedly through the wood until they saw something through the bushes. "There it is, over there", whispered Willow excitedly, "can you see it? Now when we go after him, we have to be careful of those tusks, they could do you serious damage. Are you ready?"

Ooc: A boar is fine with me. And that's a good idea, I'm sure everyone will be cool though
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 15/08/13, 01:50 pm

Zane nodded his head excitedly.
Willow didn't know much about his past life. But he had actually been trained to hunt boar. It was in his blood.
He still wasn't the best at hunting and had never actually caught a boar by himself, but he was still excited to be out hunting again.
"You should make the first move on it," he whispered to his trainer.
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 15/08/13, 02:05 pm

"Alright", she whispered back, "I'll jump on it's back. After a while of blind thrashing about as it tries to kick me off, it should start to slow down a bit out of tiredness. When it does, you rush to its side and bite it as fiercely round the throat as you can until it falls. you have the tricky part, I can tell this one's going to put up a fight. But I have every faith in you, Zane."
The collie stalked forward until she was only a few rabbit leaps away from the foraging pig. Willow threw herself at it and landed on its great hairy back. She was able to hang on as the boar raged around and around the small clearing.
When it began to slow down the collie yelled "now, Zane, now! Aim for the throat!"
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 15/08/13, 02:14 pm

Zane jumped out of the bushes and charges towards the pig.
He jumped for it's throat and landed spot on.
He gripped the animal's throat as hard as he could before it stopped thrashing and started to give up.
The boar slowly lowered itself to the ground and then lay still.
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 15/08/13, 02:35 pm

Willow stood there, front paw pressing down on the body of the dead bore, analyzing it as her tongue lolled out with exhaustion. When she had decided for sure that it was dead, the beautiful collie leaped up, throwing her long fur everywhere, "Well done, Zane!" she exclaimed "that was top class hunting, you absolutely nailed that throat bite, not to mention your resilience and stamina. Well done for not letting go, pup, great job."
Willow then stepped up to their kill and gripped it by the neck. "Come on", she growled, beginning to heave the giant hairy body across the ground, "help me haul this thing back to the pack. The leader is certainly going to be happy with you, Zane."
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 15/08/13, 02:46 pm

Zane was still panting from the effort of taking down the huge boar. But he wasn't going to decline helping Willow bring the prey back to the pack.
He nodded his head and grabbed the pig to help haul it with Willow's help.
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 15/08/13, 03:07 pm

With her strong trainee helping to drag the pig the two hunters were soon back it the beach side camp of the Pack of the Sinking Sun. Willow and Zane dragged their kill to one site of the camp and collapsed down next to it, panting heavily.
 After a little while, Willow stood up. "You stay here and rest. You've done Very well today and I think you can have the rest of the day off. But if you do want to do some more training, just come and find me." With that Williow trotted off toward the sea, tail held high with a burning pride for what her trainee had just accomplished.

Ooc: you can still carry on this thread if you want, but I won't be keeping a close eye on it, so just PM me if you need Willow back :3
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 15/08/13, 03:14 pm

"Okay," he replied to his trainer.
He walked over to his little resting place and fell fast asleep.

OOC: Okay.
I don't know if anyone else will join this but I'll PM you if you are needed. :)
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 15/08/13, 03:29 pm

Ooc: I don't know how many people actually do dog RP. It seems pretty empty to me :/
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 15/08/13, 03:33 pm

OOC: Well it's new.
More people should do it soon.
I think.
.-.
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 15/08/13, 03:35 pm

Ooc; yeah I hope so. its really fun
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 15/08/13, 04:07 pm

Ooc: you know what, I'm going to help out with this dog RP thing and make a new dog. check him out when he is done if you like ;D
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 15/08/13, 04:09 pm

Okay.
Sounds good to me. :)
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 16/08/13, 12:54 pm

An enormous, shaggy grey dog stepped out from the trees surrounding the clearing that was the camp of the pack of the sinking sun. From his clenched jaws hung the limp, lifeless body of a rabbit. The Wolfhound's eyes, one blue, one deep brown, were scanning the leaf-covered floor of the clearing, until they saw what they were looking for. On the other side of the clearing lay a snoozing dog.
Finn left his rabbit by a tree and strode over to the sleeping puppy. He sat down beside him, waiting to see if the young trainee would wake up. He had spotted the bore lying a little way away from where the two dogs were lying. It was a much better kill than most trainees could do, and the great grey giant wanted to congratulate him.
"Zane", Finn whispered in his deep, soothing voice, trying to rouse the pup.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 16/08/13, 03:35 pm

Zane started slowly rousing and moaned.
"Ugh," he suddenly jumped up though, suddenly alert, "Have the cattle escaped?"
He looked around and realized he wasn't on his farm at home anymore. Oh, right. He was on an island in the middle of nowhere.
"Oh, um, I mean good morning, Alpha Finn, sir," he glanced at the sun, "Afternoon. I meant good afternoon."
He wasn't completely used to the whole formality of this place yet.
He was sure he was just seeing the outer covering but he seriously did not want to get any of the punishments these dogs might give for improper submission or whatever.
They were wild dogs, right?
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 24/08/13, 07:08 pm

Finn chuckled at the clumsy young pup, but his contradicting eyes gave away his worry for Zane. He new little of the trainee's past before he came to the island, only that he used to live on the farm, and, from what he could gather, missed it dearly.
"Good afternoon, Zane", he said warmly. "I met Willow on the way in from my hunt. She told me that you brought down a male boar. I saw it, lying over there on my way over. A boar is a greatly impressive kill for a dog of your age. I only managed to catch a rabbit, which just shows how out of practice I am. Liadain used to do all the hunting... When she was alive."
The pack leader looked away into the distance as memories of his late wife came flooding back. He sighed, then shook himself, and turned back to the trainee, "I just came to say, well done. You are still too young to become a full hunter, but you are certainly on your way."
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 24/08/13, 09:20 pm

"Thank you, sir," he bowed down a bit clumsily, slipping instead.
He had a nagging feeling that the Alpha Dog wanted to know a little bit more about how he caught it. Most Trainees didn't go around catching boars all the time.
"Back at the farm I was training to be a hog hunter. It's in my blood. When I was a little, little pup I had been bred by people to hunt. They, uh, threw me out. They throw out any dog they don't think will make a great hunter. My eyes were bad. I have different colored eyes, like you. They thought I would be blind," he paused on a sad note, "But my nice people found me and now I'm doing what I was meant to do."
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 25/08/13, 07:51 am

Finn's eyes grew even sadder than usual as he gazed down at Zane from his great height. Then he took a deep breath and spoke again. "Zane", he growled in a hushed voice, "do you miss this farm of yours very much? The second one, I mean."
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 25/08/13, 09:33 am

The Hunters -open- Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSk9XejS2S7Oa6NVe2Hh183f5Q87rSVAa0c89upQxQpb5KJggeJ
A young, silver pup with glaring blue eyes groggily awoke on what she could tell was a beach, since her master's had taken her there multiple times before. As she looked around herself, her vision was hazy as was her memory. As soon as the young she-dog tried standing, she fell back to her stomach and grunted in slight pain.
Her entire body felt sore and twisted, as ifshe'd been squeezed by her master's pup, Cleo. The picture of the tiny twoleg sparked her memories and it hurt her head, feeling like a tree had knocked it into her head by falling on her.
After a few minutes of rest, Misty was able to sit up and looked around. Wood was splattered around and she curiously walked around the wreckage of boat, as her mother called it. She didn't find any one else and that's when the feeling of panic began to climb through her limbs.
Suddenly filled with adrenaline, Misty ran into the nearby forest, dodging the trees and everything until she had as far as she could. She looked up at the night sky, panting and fell over, crying a small tear before passing out. She was lost, and may never find it back home.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Location : CONTACT ME THROUGH MY E-MAIL FOR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE :)

http://newerarp.forumotion.com/u31

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 25/08/13, 10:31 am

The Hunters -open- Rough_collie_kc

Willow looked down at the small, silver body, shaking with sobs. She had seen the young pup on the beach, and then watched as she ran into the forest before following her.
  Now the collie came closer. "Hey", she whispered softly, "hey, there, there, why don't you tell me what the matter is. What's your name?"
  Willow sat down beside the crying pup and her gently with her nose, trying to comfort the stranger.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 25/08/13, 01:10 pm

The young silver sniffled as she looked above her and found a collie, seeming female from the voice.
Her blues eyes looked up as she fully woke up and she softly barked out, "It's Misty. Who are you?"
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Location : CONTACT ME THROUGH MY E-MAIL FOR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE :)

http://newerarp.forumotion.com/u31

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 25/08/13, 03:02 pm

"My name is Willow", answered the huntress, "I am a dog of the Pack of the Sinking Sun. We live wild and free in the forests and mountains and beaches of this island. Our camp is based just through the trees."
The collie pointed with her nose through the nearby trees and bushes in front of them. "Where do you come from?" she asked. "Did you once live with humans? Because, we have dogs in my pack that have walked astride man before they came to the pack, my leader even lived with man, before he came to the pack. So, don't be afraid. We wild dogs have no prejudices against pets."
The collie's aim was to put the pup at ease so she could find out as much as possible about her.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 25/08/13, 03:35 pm

Zane had been about to answer Finn's question when he heard Willow's voice.
Now he was sure she wasn't extremely close, and he could hear her exact words, but his hearing was really sensitive. And he heard another voice. A young voice.
Was that a pup?
"Um, yes. I miss my owner dearly," he started, distracted by the noise outside, "Do you hear that?"
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next