The New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
News on LifeClan ~ SWP 2016
Button for LifeClan Announcement
Button for Plot
Button for Vote
Staff

Administrator

*Smoke*

Moderators

Roo12

Kitty

Retired Administrator and Owner

Mini~
Maps
_
Clans
Click to enlarge
The New Era

Twoleg
Click to enlarge
The New Era
Affiliates
Warrior Clan CatsThe New EraThe New EraThe New Era
Latest topics
» Old friends getting in touch!
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) Empty26/06/20, 10:07 pm by *Smoke*

» A Life Worth Living and Loving (Private)
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) Empty05/06/17, 11:03 am by Kit

» Mediterranean Madness (Private; Roo & Smoke)
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) Empty06/04/17, 05:28 pm by Roo12

» In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) Empty29/03/17, 07:32 am by Searisha

» Character Creation Guideline and Forms
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) Empty09/02/17, 09:45 pm by hollyleaf6610

» ThunderClan Allegiances
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) Empty09/02/17, 09:29 pm by hollyleaf6610

» Snowfang of Windclan
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) Empty26/01/17, 03:37 am by Silver

» Hey I'm new (^._.^)_/
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) Empty22/01/17, 06:25 pm by Roo12

» Hi, I'm new!
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) Empty01/01/17, 05:59 pm by Searisha

» Starlingpaw of ShadowClan
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) Empty01/01/17, 09:20 am by Searisha

A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke)

3 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) Empty A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke)

Post by *Smoke* 16/05/14, 04:55 pm

A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) Brooke10

The girl sighed, dragging the corpse to a small field that was a ten minute walk from her cabin. Stupid walker had messed up her catch, and now she had to burn the body to not attract more of its kind. With her bow slung around her shoulders, and the walker's head in her hand, Brooke could think of a million other things she would rather be doing.
She had been so close to a two point deer, but all of a sudden the flesh-eater ran out of nowhere. It somehow got so far out of the city without a source of 'food' and was stalking the deer. Perhaps that was how it survived. Pretending the forest animals were humans. However, when her arrow had flung free from her archer's stance, Brooke had been attacked by the thing. A quick stab to the head did the trick, but not until it was too late, she realized, that the zombie had already bitten the deer. It had been writhing in pain on the forest floor, and taking pity on the poor creature that would have died painfully otherwise, used the same arrowed put it out of its misery. She couldn't eat it now; she'd end up just like the goddamned walker.
And so the undead's body was not the only one she was carrying. She couldn't let the stench of blood attract more of them, so the deer had to be burned too. Of course, she would burn it in a different pile than the zombie, out of respect. It was what a person did when a life was taken by a walker.
She grabbed the gas mask she always had with her in her back pocket -really handy for burning the corpses- and put it on after dropping the two carcasses. Starting and putting out the fire would be easy- a person just couldn't breath in the smoke of the burning virus. It was a way it travelled, as she had seen on the streets of panic while she had been fleeing Chicago.
Making a small face at the grotesque picture of the two burning bodies, the 23 turned around and headed back towards her cabin. Surely nothing else could go wrong today, as she had already lost her dinner. Stupid beans would have to be used tonight.
Hopefully, she didn't just jinx herself.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Location : CONTACT ME THROUGH MY E-MAIL FOR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE :)

http://newerarp.forumotion.com/u31

Back to top Go down

A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) Empty Re: A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke)

Post by Roo12 17/05/14, 09:55 am

A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) Elliot13

Elliot groaned as he yanked his knife from gargling walker's skull as it emitted its last, stinking breath. He stood up and looked over the rotted corpse, reassuring himself that the creature was definitely dead. Wiping the black-red blood off the blade with his boot, the boy strode back over to where he had left his horse and dog, fastening the knife back into the scabbard that hung from the saddle.
The fifteen year old patted his whining collie on the head to calm him, "The damn thing must've been attracted by something," Elliot mumbled to Fiver, "There's no other reason for him to be here. We should keep moving."
Mounting Rowan, his large flaxen cart horse, the young boy kicked her into a gentle canter, Fiver the dog running with ease beside her. The band continued for a few minutes until, in a panic, Elliot pulled Rowan to a sharp stop. Ahead of them, in the distance, stood a tall figure against the horizon. Squinting his eyes, Elliot couldn't tell whether it was a walker or not, but decided not to shoot. Instead, he kicked Rowan back into a canter and drew nearer to the figure, hoping it wouldn't drag him to the floor and rip his throat out with its  rotting black teeth.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) Empty Re: A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke)

Post by *Smoke* 17/05/14, 05:43 pm

Brooke flashed around, at the sound of a possibly wild horse cantering after her. It wouldn't be the first time such a thing had happened, in the past few weeks that she had made her home here in the woods.
But as her hazel eyes landed upon the horse, surprise filled her mind at the sight of a boy and a dog with the animal. Her gas mask still on, Brooke immediately pulled out her bow and loaded the arrow in it.
Her heart seemed to skip along with the beats of the canter. She had not seen another human in weeks; every living thing in the woods died one way or another, and the only comfort she had was her book that the creators had left with a few other articles.
But he was too young, from what the 23 year old lady could see. A mere child. Seven years younger, about, possibly six. With her military training, this boy would not be much of a challenge. She was in JROTC in college, a military training course that gives a college credit. Her father made her take it so she would become stronger and learn self defense and offense- he may be a zombie now, but Brooke will always be thankful to him for it.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 17/05/14, 06:15 pm

As Elliot drew closer, he suddenly saw with a sickening jolt that a fire was burning behind the figure, black smoke rising into the dismal sky. 
He hated fire. 
It didn't help that it was clear, even from a distance, that the person was holding up some kind of weapon and pointing it towards Elliot and his animals. Reining the horse in slowly, the 15-year-old raised both his hands above his head. 
"I mean no harm," He shouted, his voice steady as it echoed through the wood, "I'm not infected, I promise. I can prove it as well, if you'll let me come closer."
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 18/05/14, 10:54 am

"Don't come over here!" Came Brooke's shouts. "It's dangerous for you and your animals. Get away! There's a cabin West of here! Meet me there!" It would be a shame for them to breathe in the smoke and become infected.
Even she could still feel the smoke rolling on her skin. Dang it, now she'd have to wash off in a stream before she went to her cabin otherwise he'd smell it.
She grabbed the small tent out of her pocket bag. She put out the fire, quenching the small flame with water. Quickly putting the tent over the rising smoke, she turned around and started heading West.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 18/05/14, 11:48 am

Wary of the stranger but tempted by the thought of a warm bed for the night, Elliot pulled on Rowan's reins and began cantering Westward, Fiver running obediently beside them. After only a few seconds, the boy turned his head and saw the figure standing on the horizon, supposedly heading in the same direction. Elliot decided to give the stranger a hand and yanked Rowan around and trotted back towards the figure, stopping only a few feet in front.
"Would you like a lift?" he asked, blushing shyly as he approached, "Rowan can take two for a while if you don't want to walk."
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 18/05/14, 06:25 pm

Brooke raised her eyebrow at the boy's blush, though he could probably not see it due to her gas mask. Sighing, the 23 year old took it off and revealed her tan face.
"I suppose so, but don't breathe in too deeply. I still have a bit of smoke hanging around on my clothes, and I'll need to wash them as soon as we get to my cabin," Brooke explained, pinching a piece of her shirt when she pointed it out.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 19/05/14, 03:36 pm

ooc: Can I bring Jayin or no?
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 19/05/14, 06:31 pm

Ooc: Not right now, but later on when the timing is right you can :3
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 20/05/14, 12:59 pm

Ooc: bump :3
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 20/05/14, 01:00 pm

Elliot nodded, holding his hand out towards the woman to help her climb on. He could smell the stench of burning meat and walker flesh in the air, especially as it hung round the stranger terribly. Still, the boy thought it best to help a living person best he could. It was the best means of survival, after all.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 20/05/14, 02:44 pm

Letting the boy haul her up onto the horse, Brooke hesitantly put her hands on his shoulders. She felt uncomfortable being so close to a person she didn't even know, but sucked it up. He was another loving person. She couldn't get much better than that.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 20/05/14, 04:05 pm

"I'm Elliot, by the way," the 15-year-old said as the stranger climbed up behind him on Rowan. He tried not to tense uncomfortably as she gripped his shoulders and kicked the horse on westward.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 20/05/14, 05:18 pm

"... Brooke," The young woman said after a moment's hesitation. Once the boy had started the horse, her grip slightly tightened.
Brooke cleared her throat, making her voice stand out against the wind. "Go for about two minutes and you'll see my cabin," She informed the boy- Elliot.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 20/05/14, 05:27 pm

Elliot nodded, making sure Rowan didn't go too fast. Soon, a little wood cabin appeared in the distance along the horizon, sending Fiver sprinting ahead to scope the place out. "That it?" the boy asked, gesturing to the building ahead.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 20/05/14, 05:28 pm

"You see another one out here?" Brooke smirked as she talked above the wind, but still thankful Elliot didn't make his horse go faster. She wasn't an equestrian person, and had never been on a horse since her fifth birthday party.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 20/05/14, 05:37 pm

Elliot blushed and gave a small, embarrassed laugh as he pulled Rowan up beside the house. Fiver was already there, sniffing about the door when they arrived and his master called him away as he dismounted his horse and held out his hand for Brooke. "So... how long have you lived out here, anyways? Is there anyone else?" Elliot asked, characteristically naive of how he might come across as insensitive.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 20/05/14, 05:43 pm

Brooke made a small face as she thought about the questions. "A few weeks, since the virus started I suppose. Parents got turned, lost my brother in the crowd, and came out here. No one's with me cause nothing living asked me for a ride," She explained, giving a small smile at the end at her own joke.
She took his hand as she said this and easily jumped down and off the horse.
"There's a small barn behind here, and it's got enough room for a horse," Brooke offered, signaling with her hand where the barn was.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 20/05/14, 05:52 pm

Elliot winced guiltily as he listened to Brooke's story. Now he realized he shouldn't have asked so many questions. 
"Err... Thanks, yeah," he said awkwardly at the offer of the barn, "I'll take them both over now. Come on, Fiver."
After finding the barn and fastening both his animals inside, Elliot returned to Brooke outside the cabin, "You're sure there's enough room for me, Brooke?"
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 20/05/14, 06:00 pm

"You might have to sleep on the floor for a while, until we get something situated. But yeah, two people can survive here," Brooke casually explained, shrugging her shoulders at the end. She walked up the old steps and opened the door to her wood cabin.
It was spacious, for a cabin. It had a small living room, a kitchen with a breakfast counter, a small bathroom, and a single bedroom.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 21/05/14, 12:07 pm

Elliot entered hesitantly after Brooke, looking around the impressive space as he stepped through the door. The boy relaxed entirely as he realized how long it had been since he had been inside a proper, safe house. The cabin wasn't a 5-star hotel or anything, but it was 10 times better than the crumbling buildings or open spaces Elliot had accustomed himself to.
The 15-year-old removed his heavy, tattered rucksack from his shoulder and dragged it by the straps across the wooden floor. "Is there anything I can do while I'm here?" he asked the woman who had taken him in, "I can travel long distances in a short amount of time and carry a lot of material if I take Rowan - that's my horse. I could go collect firewood or something?"
Elliot was desperate to seem useful and impress Brooke, after all she's done for him without knowing him for more that a few minutes.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 21/05/14, 12:51 pm

"No, you don't need to do anything. Just stay here and make sure you don't make enough noise to attract every walker in the forest while I take a shower," Brooke answered the boy, aware she was going to have to be the adult of the situation. It sucked when a person was still young but not young enough to be a kid.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 21/05/14, 01:11 pm

Elliot nodded obediently, not wanting to upset his host. He was impressed that the cabin had a shower and, sniffing his clothes, decided he could do with one soon too. The buy slumped down on a tattered blue sofa and pulled his rucksack up beside him. After rummaging round in the pockets for a while, Elliot pulled out a cube of fruitcake wrapped in clingfilm he had salvaged from the farm and had been nibbling on since. He broke off a piece and chewed on it slowly, savoring the now-slightly-stale sponge. 
The 15-year-old also pulled out his harmonica, the shiny silver metal dented and scratched, but playable. As he waited in silence, Elliot lay back and exhaled deeply, looking up at the ceiling.
I wish I had kept Fiver with me, the boy thought.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 21/05/14, 02:48 pm

After taking a quick shower, Brooke quickly jumped into jeans, her Marines shirt, and put on her typical brown leather jacket. With her hiking boots on, she walked into the living room where Elliot was.
Her hair was wet and in a ponytail, and she had already put her clothes in the laundry container for her to wash in the lake later on.
"So Elliot, what're you doing in these parts of the woods? Looking for the big bad wolf?" The young woman questioned, spotting a bit of a sponge cake around his mouth. Of course he was hungry. He probably hadn't had a proper meal in a while.
"Oh, and you want some beans?" Brooke called out as she walked into her small kitchen.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 21/05/14, 03:11 pm

Elliot turned around quickly as Brooke came in, wiping the crumbs from around his mouth and swallowing most of the stale cake before he answered her questions, "Yes, please, if you can spare any. 
"And you know how it is... I haven't got a place like this and it's dangerous to stay in one place for too long without a stable home like this cabin. Besides, it's even worse when the government knows you exist and you don't fancy getting locked up in one of those quarantine asylums."
As he said this, Elliot pulled up the grubby sleeve on his left arm, exposing the black-ink tattoo of his identity code given to him when his family was submitted to the quarantine establishment; five numbers written vertically down the inside of his forearm to his wrist, '2 4 6 0 1'.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next