The New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
News on LifeClan ~ SWP 2016
Button for LifeClan Announcement
Button for Plot
Button for Vote
Staff

Administrator

*Smoke*

Moderators

Roo12

Kitty

Retired Administrator and Owner

Mini~
Maps
_
Clans
Click to enlarge
The New Era

Twoleg
Click to enlarge
The New Era
Affiliates
Warrior Clan CatsThe New EraThe New EraThe New Era
Latest topics
» Old friends getting in touch!
The Journey Begins (private, me and Kit) Empty26/06/20, 10:07 pm by *Smoke*

» A Life Worth Living and Loving (Private)
The Journey Begins (private, me and Kit) Empty05/06/17, 11:03 am by Kit

» Mediterranean Madness (Private; Roo & Smoke)
The Journey Begins (private, me and Kit) Empty06/04/17, 05:28 pm by Roo12

» In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~
The Journey Begins (private, me and Kit) Empty29/03/17, 07:32 am by Searisha

» Character Creation Guideline and Forms
The Journey Begins (private, me and Kit) Empty09/02/17, 09:45 pm by hollyleaf6610

» ThunderClan Allegiances
The Journey Begins (private, me and Kit) Empty09/02/17, 09:29 pm by hollyleaf6610

» Snowfang of Windclan
The Journey Begins (private, me and Kit) Empty26/01/17, 03:37 am by Silver

» Hey I'm new (^._.^)_/
The Journey Begins (private, me and Kit) Empty22/01/17, 06:25 pm by Roo12

» Hi, I'm new!
The Journey Begins (private, me and Kit) Empty01/01/17, 05:59 pm by Searisha

» Starlingpaw of ShadowClan
The Journey Begins (private, me and Kit) Empty01/01/17, 09:20 am by Searisha

The Journey Begins (private, me and Kit)

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Journey Begins (private, me and Kit) Empty The Journey Begins (private, me and Kit)

Post by Roo12 02/05/14, 04:50 pm

The Journey Begins (private, me and Kit) Orion_12
Orion sat as the sun began to rise above the horizon, washing the early Spring sky a pale purple with streaks of soft pink and swaying white clouds. The air was sweet and fresh as a gentle gust of wind float over the Northern lands, caressing the Alsatian's dark fur in its cool fingers, his dark amber eyes closing for a moment to enjoy the sensation.
Once the wind subsided, the stern-faced dog scoured the icy homeland once more, the view vast from his high pinnacle on the blue-and-white cliffs of the North. The golden rays began to stretch over the cold valley. It was time.
Getting to his paws, the soldier turned and stalked back down the precarious slope to the bottom of the cliffs. Once there, Orion jogged back to the clearing home, leaping through the forest and streams until he reached the river that separated the cave and bank from most of one side of the wood. Clearing it with ease, the large dog marched over to the cave and, entering, proceeded to wake the sleeping bodies that lay inside up with a nudge of his cold, black nose.
When he came to a young she-dog clad in pure white fur, he nudged extra hard, knowing it would take more than the others. Suddenly, even before he could rouse her, the animal flipped onto her back, wrapped her front legs around Orion's neck and pull him to the ground, biting his ear playfully. The Alsatian hot the stone floor of the cave with an 'oof' and lay pinned by the younger dog, her bright young face grinning down cheekily on him.

The Journey Begins (private, me and Kit) Rhea_p13
"You surely didn't think I'd forget what we're doing today, Orion," Rhea barked, "I've been waiting for it for practically my whole life, you know!"
Letting her prisoner free, the one-year-old husky pup sprinted out of the cave, breathing in the sweet Newleaf scents. It was today that she and her family were to leave to find her father in the North. She liked it here, of course, but a pup can get bored quickly, and a year was too long to have been hanging around the same wood. It was time for a change. Time for a journey.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

The Journey Begins (private, me and Kit) Empty Re: The Journey Begins (private, me and Kit)

Post by Kit 05/05/14, 03:46 pm

A, now pale grey, body rolled over onto it's back. Rain kicked his paws up in the air playfully. The large body forced itself to its paws and lumbered through the entrance. He looked around the den before picking up a large fawn. He dragged it towards the den entrance and began to eat it.

Frostbite looked up at Orion and stood up. "Everyone needs to eat something before we leave. It's going to be a long journey." She said as she pushed out of the den.
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

The Journey Begins (private, me and Kit) Empty Re: The Journey Begins (private, me and Kit)

Post by Roo12 05/05/14, 05:39 pm

Orion nodded and forced a smile onto his face, an uncommon expression for the Alsatian. He often worried about Frostbite nowadays. She was much more reserved and somber than she had been when the pups were younger, but who could blame her? No mother as loving as Frostbite could come away from the loss of a child and uphold a constant upbeat feel. Though often, this side did shine through as well.
Orion followed Frostbite out of the cave, dragging a couple of hares out for him and the malamute as Rhea began attacking Rain's deer.

Seren, larger and darker than his brother Rain, heaved himself onto his paws and marched out of the cave to join his family, pulling a chunk of meat out behind him.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 05/05/14, 06:57 pm

Rain grunted and pushed Rhea away before quietly moving to the opposite side of the den. He turned his back to the entrance and are until he was full. "Now you can have the deer." He said to Rhea before leaving the den. He sat down in the sun, lifting his muzzle into the air. The pup gazed off into the sky ahead with one question still lingering in his mind. What if Splinter is still alive?

Frostbite thanked Orion for the rabbit and began to eat. After she finished she stepped out of the den to her son."Hello son. You seem sad, why?" She nudged him gently. "I'm not sad," was the reply she got. With a chuckle she attempted to tackle her son playfully.
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 05/05/14, 07:40 pm

"Don't go thinking you're alpha, Rain," Rhea growled cheekily before digging in, "You're just the greediest." 
Once she was done, she walked over to the river the flowed around the clearing and stared into her reflection. Tilting her head to the side, the white dog managed to glance the small scars on the back of her head and neck inflicted on her by Splinter. Deep down, Rhea missed her brother, and felt guilty that he wasn't around. What if had been her fault he had ran away?

Orion finished his hare quickly alongside Seren and wlked outside to announce their leaving. "Come on, everybody! Let's move it! Have we all said goodbye to the old place?"

"I must admit, I will miss it," Seren admitted, looking back at the cave, "Though I suppose it won't be much to our Father's land when we reach it, will it? Still... It was a good little home, wasn't it..."
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 07/05/14, 04:10 pm

Frostbite padded up to Seren and smiled. " Yes, it was. It's sad to say, but they place will remain a bad memory for me. I lost my pup here, and you guys lost your brother." She nodded to the three pups. The Alphess walked into the trees ahead, eager to get home.

Rain ran after his mother, letting the pounding of his paws against the furious fill his ears. The steady beat kept his pace steady, the wind in his fur made him smile.
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 08/05/14, 11:19 am

As Seren followed after his mother and brother, Orion waited for the last of them, Rhea. He padded over to the white dog by the river and stood beside her, "Come on, little one," he barked tiredly, "It's time to leave."

Rhea looked up and gave her trademark, cheeky little smile at Orion before following her family, with one last glance at the clearing over her shoulder, into the woods.
The young dog soon caught up with the rest of them soon and leaped onto Rain's back, "I'm surprised we even brought you," she teased, wrestling with her brother, "You'll only slow us down."
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 10/05/14, 05:18 pm

Rain ignored his sister and seemed irritated with her as he stood. The light grey dog was began to gain thick muscles and was already bigger than his sister. The malamute mix continued with a fast jog, he didn't look back, not even look at his sister. His dark blue-gray eyes looked even darker with determination to reach his father.

Frostbite slowed down next to Orion, her pace matching his. "I'm worried about my pups. They've been much more quiet since Splinter d-died, especially Rain." The Alphess said sadly with her eyes downcast.
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 10/05/14, 05:48 pm

Rhea rolled her eyes at her brother's seriousness. He'd never been the same since Splinter's death, and it irritated Rhea. She was, of course, distraught herself at it, but it is in a dog's nature to move on. Not forget, but move on. Besides, one stick-in-the-mud brother in Seren was enough, let alone two. Especially when Rain used to be her partner-in-crime.
The white-furred dog padded silently at the back looking around her as she walked along. Her eyes were gleaming with excitement at the path ahead, daydreaming about what her father's land was going to be like, what her father was like. 

Orion sighed and shot a quick glance behind him at Rain. "That's only to be expected," he barked grimly, "They were brothers after all. Their all dealing with it in their own ways: Seren appears to be acting more and more adult, perhaps trying to compensate for the tragedy at hand. Rhea seems to be trying to move on and keep positive. But Rain won't let it go. He's hanging onto it as if Splinter might return. He needs to understand and except... death."
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 10/05/14, 08:30 pm

Rain's ears twitched frequently as he strained to
hear the conversation between Orion and Frostbite. He mumbled to himself about Splinter quietly before staying quiet. Soon he stood in front if Orion, trying to make him stop. "Splinter isn't dead. You left a living pup alone, cold and afraid. I can't forgive you for that, especially since he is my brother." The dog snapped at Orion's last sentences.
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 11/05/14, 03:13 am

Orion stopped dead and stared at the pup, confused. "Rain," he began patiently, "I know he was dead. How can you speak with such certainty otherwise? You weren't even there."

Rhea glared angrily at Rain. She hated him when he brought up Splinter; it only made everyone awkward and depressed, especially her mother. "Rain, stop it!" she snapped, trying to get her brother to shut up, "You don't know anything!"
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 13/05/14, 06:46 pm

Rain glared at Orion not moving his glare. "Did you ever check for a heartbeat or faint breathing? What if he wanted to leave and faked you out, and you never knew? Of course that leads to why he would fake it and that I don't know. I have confidence that he's still alive, mostly because if don't have the heart to realize he is dead. So I try to think he is alive." Themalamute mix turned around and trotted ahead, ignoring his sister once more.

Frostbite blocked at the name "Splinter" every time it was said. It was too much heartache for her. She kept from crying and held back bitter words as much as possible. "Enough about my lost pup." She howled in misery. "Isn't there anything else we can talk about!" Frostbite snapped angrily.
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 14/05/14, 02:22 am

Orion was fuming at the idiotic youngster. He was about to leap at Rain and give him a good old snap on the neck when Frostbite cut in, and thought better of it. "You are right, Frostbite," He said, retaining a calm voice, but still glaring at Rain, "Let's not remind ourselves of our past. Come on, let's keep going, with no more interruptions. We move on."
As the Alsatian had to step in Seren and Rhea's path as they tried to run angrily for their brother. After giving the pups a bite on his ear, they both retreated, glaring furiously at their brother's cruel insensitivity
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 14/05/14, 04:54 pm

Rain grumbled slightly as he marched forward. I love my mom, so I should stop thinking. He is alive though, I know it! I really miss him. I can't bear it! Why would he leave us like that! As the dog thought he stopped and sat still. With a quiet howl he ran to his mother and buried his muzzle in her fur. "I miss him so much!" He cried out loud. Frostbite sat down and rested her muzzle on his shoulder ", So do I sweetheart, so do I." The malamute cried herself and wrapped her tail with his.
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 15/05/14, 04:43 pm

Orion sighed. They had been walking for under an hour and already the family was bickering and crying amongst each other. "Come now everyone," the Alsatian barked, trying to move the family on, "Let's not get side-tracked. We must move on, in every sense. Let's go, Frostbite. Please."

Rhea still felt like giving her brother a snap or two. Nowadays he was much more subdued, and rarely shut up about Splinter whilst she and Seren had moved on. But, so as not to stir up more trouble, the white-furred dog gave him only a disapproving glare and looked away in frustration.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 15/05/14, 06:11 pm

The Alpha removed her muzzle from her sons body and stepped away. "You are right. Let's go." Frostbite trotted ahead of everyone and blocked out every noise.

Rain blinked away his last tears and stood next to his sister. For a change the pup tried to be light hearted and he nudged his sister playfully. "I bet you can't catch me!" He smiled mischievously and dashed ahead.
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 16/05/14, 12:23 pm

Rhea tried to ignore her brother, still mad at him for what he had said. But when he ran, the whited-furred malamute-cross couldn't help but pursue his half-heartedly. They bounded aimlessly for a while ahead of the others as Rhea snapped playfully at Rain's tail streaming out behind him.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 17/05/14, 07:23 pm

Rain began to wag his tail, making it harder for Rhea. He tried to jerk around as he ran faster, but it was hard. The pup began to slow down until he eventually stopped. Rain was panting and he looked back at Rhea to see how close she was.
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 20/05/14, 12:27 pm

Just as Rhea was about to leap for Rain, the white dog pulled up sharply, ears pricked and eyes blazing. She glared back at Orion, who was as tense as she was, standing rigidly and sniffing the air.

Suddenly, a high, angry howl broke through the air, freezing Orion in his tracks. After looking at each of the family, he turned to Frostbite, eyes churning with adrenaline. "It's a Southern scout group," he barked in his hushed, gruff voice, "Hurry! We need to get to the lake so they lose our scent. Once there, it'll be easier to escape.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 20/05/14, 05:08 pm

Rain shakily ran towards the lake, following the fishy scent. He felt as if he was leading a pack into battle, and he was feeling brave. The dog stumbled into the river and swam through, washing his scent away. "Shake your fur so it doesn't drip!" He whispered loudly. Soon he shook his fur until he appeared a damp, puffy cotton ball.

Frostbite shook her head and took up the book, making sure her pups made it.
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 20/05/14, 05:23 pm

"Orion, let me fight!" Seren barked, flipping round and facing in the direction of the howls, "I'll rip those damn dogs' throats out!"

"Not today, Seren," Came Orion's reply, pushing Seren roughly in the direction of the lake, "There are times to fight and times to run. This is a time to run."

Rhea wanted to kill the southerners too, but knew it would be a dumb idea. She sprinted after her mother and Rain, leaping into the lake and making the long swim across, followed by Seren and the two adults.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 22/05/14, 03:06 pm

Frosbite turned around as another howl went off and she panicked. "Hide in the grass and reeds!" She said in a hushed voice. Frostbie shook her fur before nudging Rain into the tall grass.
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 26/05/14, 07:19 pm

Rhea scrambled on the rocks on the far side of the lake, heaving herself out and shaking her fur free of the cold water. Following her mother and brother, the pup leaped into the reeds after them as a second howl sounded, alerting the runaways of the closing danger.

Seren reluctantly slid into the water and began to paddle strongly for the other side. He and Orion had only reached the half-way-point of the stretch of water when five or six dogs appeared on the bank the family had left from. They were all barking and calling at each other as their excitement built.
The grey pup soon reached the other side, feeling less confident than before, and found his family crouching in the reeds and joined them.

By the time Orion had followed the rest, the pursuing soldiers were making their way across the river. He crashed into the reeds and stood before the family, a simple yet effective plan formulating in his mind, "It's clear to me," he began, panting, "That we will have to fight this mutts after all. However, we can't take them on all at once. We need to split them up. So here's what we're going to do:
"Rhea, Rain and I will run off to the north-east, and Frostbite and Seren will go north-west. That way, those southern mongrels will be forced to split also, making their ranks weaker, thus easier to defeat. What do you think Frostbite?"
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 27/05/14, 01:59 am

"Sounds good to me. I don't care what plan you have, anything works." She said, standing next to Seren. Rain looked at Rhea, prepared to fight.
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 27/05/14, 07:35 am

"Right," Orion whispered, "Let's get going then. Rain, Rhea, this way."
Before sprinting through the forest, the Alsatian told Frostbite that they would have to play it by ear and howl to the other if they were clear of their pursuers so they could find each other again. Then, without another word, Orion lead Rain and Rhea through the foliage as the last of the Southern soldiers pulled themselves out of the river and headed for the family.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next