The New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
News on LifeClan ~ SWP 2016
Button for LifeClan Announcement
Button for Plot
Button for Vote
Staff

Administrator

*Smoke*

Moderators

Roo12

Kitty

Retired Administrator and Owner

Mini~
Maps
_
Clans
Click to enlarge
The New Era

Twoleg
Click to enlarge
The New Era
Affiliates
Warrior Clan CatsThe New EraThe New EraThe New Era
Latest topics
» Old friends getting in touch!
Divergent Talk Empty26/06/20, 10:07 pm by *Smoke*

» A Life Worth Living and Loving (Private)
Divergent Talk Empty05/06/17, 11:03 am by Kit

» Mediterranean Madness (Private; Roo & Smoke)
Divergent Talk Empty06/04/17, 05:28 pm by Roo12

» In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~
Divergent Talk Empty29/03/17, 07:32 am by Searisha

» Character Creation Guideline and Forms
Divergent Talk Empty09/02/17, 09:45 pm by hollyleaf6610

» ThunderClan Allegiances
Divergent Talk Empty09/02/17, 09:29 pm by hollyleaf6610

» Snowfang of Windclan
Divergent Talk Empty26/01/17, 03:37 am by Silver

» Hey I'm new (^._.^)_/
Divergent Talk Empty22/01/17, 06:25 pm by Roo12

» Hi, I'm new!
Divergent Talk Empty01/01/17, 05:59 pm by Searisha

» Starlingpaw of ShadowClan
Divergent Talk Empty01/01/17, 09:20 am by Searisha

Divergent Talk

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Divergent Talk Empty Divergent Talk

Post by *Smoke* 23/02/14, 10:30 am

Edit by Meggy-
This has been moved to the basket because I didn't want to end the topic but it was spam. So yeah.
xD

OMG OMG OMG !!!! MEGGY! YOU'RE PRFILE PIC IS DIVERGENT BASED!
Hope you don't mind me copying you X3
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Location : CONTACT ME THROUGH MY E-MAIL FOR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE :)

http://newerarp.forumotion.com/u31

Back to top Go down

Divergent Talk Empty Re: Divergent Talk

Post by megarin 23/02/14, 12:06 pm

*ѕмσкє* wrote:OMG OMG OMG !!!! MEGGY! YOU'RE PRFILE PIC IS DIVERGENT BASED!
Hope you don't mind me copying you X3

You spammer. xD
Yes. I'm on Insurgent. I just finished Divergent yesterday.
I always knew I was Amity, if anything. I kept taking online quizzes and I kept showing up as Amity.
My friends are all Dauntless and I feel so left out. D: I'm afraid of everything. Including jumping off of buildings, and trains, and fighting, and the dark. And also phone calls, and being alone, and.... yeah.
Hey, my siggy is Divergent, too!
DON'T DISS THE SIGNATURE

*Done spamming*
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 23/02/14, 12:39 pm

Once a spammer always a spammer! :p
I finished Divergent a couple days ago but I've been too lazy to go out and get the other books.
Very few are actually Dauntless, in my opinion. Are your friends really Dauntless, or do they just think they are? It's a bit like how everyone thinks they're Gryffindor.
I have a lot of fears, but I'm pretty sure I know how I can defeat them all. I'm afraid of people turning against me, dying unnaturally, being kidnapped, being the cause of another's death, losing and a lot of other things.
I've already gotten rid of my old fear of the dark, heights, SPIDERS, being run over and being left alone :3
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 23/02/14, 01:01 pm

Ummm no.
My friends are actually Dauntless.... As in I have no doubt that at least one of them could murder people.
She's a good person, she's just.... yeah.
I think the only thing she's afraid of is her father's death and all the things that came because of it. But I'm pretty sure she's even grown out of that stage because recently she's been openly talking about it. I asked her why she wasn't angry or crying and she said she had spent half of her life crying over it and didn't want to live that way.
I don't even know what she's afraid of anymore.
Not any normal fears like heights or the dark or bugs. I've not really seen her react to anything like she's actually scared, and I've known her for a long time.
Plus she's a rebel. xD She even dyed her hair red to prove it.
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 23/02/14, 01:08 pm

I'm starting insurgent soon!!!!! I love divergent and can't wait to see the movie!!!!
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 23/02/14, 01:37 pm

Alright I'm going to split off all of the Divergent talk to the basket so we don't spam this up so fast.
xD
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 23/02/14, 02:02 pm

Oh, and Smoke, good luck with them simulation needles.
xDDDD
Have fu-unnn
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 24/02/14, 04:03 pm

I would die if I died my hair an unnatural red. Mostly because my mom would hang me from a bridge, drown me, and then send me to a voodoo person to reanimate me so she can do it again.... yeah....
I have quite a few fears, actually, but I used to have A LOT. I've gotten over most of them, so I'd say I have around 11 or 12.
I HATE needles. Scare the daylights out of me! Nothing should be in my body that wasn't designed to be there by whatever created us! Plague be darned, I'd rather die than have those THINGS poked into me for the rest of my life! DX
Yeah... I'd say that's my worst fear. I get really sick after a shot, like my body is trying to reject whatever the put in me. It's really easy to get shots when my dad is with me, but if it's my mom, I need to lie down for a couple of minutes.
What do you think is one of your worst -but incredibly weird and or stupid- fears? X3
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 24/02/14, 04:32 pm

Besides things like death; if I was trapped in my house and surrounded by fire, with my family already dead
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 24/02/14, 04:33 pm

And public speaking
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 24/02/14, 09:13 pm

I'm. Afraid. Of. Phones. D:
Technically it's not the device itself that scares me. It's making phone calls. Or accepting them. But mostly making them. I don't know what's wrong with me. ;~;

And Smoke. The Dauntless use more needles than any other faction. xD
Most of the factions use some kind of serum that's passed through needles though.
Haha. I discovered a reason to dislike Amity. But I think I'd still be one. xD

Ugh. You guys should hurry up and read Insurgent before I accidentally spill some major beans.
I stayed up until midnight to get through Divergent. I'm borrowing Insurgent from someone who also owns Allegiant. I got it Saturday afternoon and am reading it like all the time I have.
I don't know why it's so addicting! Actually, I do know why. It's high-level; it's long; it's imaginative; it's action doesn't die down. Most books hit rough, boring places. Even in the slower parts of this I want to see what happens next.

I'M GONNA SEE THE MOVIE WHEN IT COMES OUT WITH TWO OF MY IRL FRIENDS. We hope to go on opening day in the theaters.
I'm excited! I don't get to go to the movies often. Once or twice a year. Five times a year on really good years or summers when Mom or Dad don't have much work.
I'm also going to try to be Tris for Halloween because why not.
All I need is some leggings, black boots, a black tank top / tee, and some of the fake Divergent tattoos that are being sold. Oh, plus some bird tattoos or a black sharpie. xD

I get excited about most of the books I read, but I haven't been this excited in a long time. Thanks Veronica Roth!
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 26/02/14, 08:37 pm

Okay, Meggy, if you like Divergent you would LOVEEEEEEEE the Lunar Chronicles. So you don't have to look it up and waste your own energy, here's the summary for the first book named 'Cinder' :3

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . .

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.

It's not a sappy love story, but the attraction is a big part of the plot. It causes Cinder to do a few actions that kind of start a couple of things.
Basically, it's about a 16 year old cyborg named Cinder. Yes, it is based off of fairytales (Cinderella in this book, the second book introduces Red Riding Hood and the 3rd includes Rapunzel- I'm not sure about book 4 since it's not out yet). But it is SO much more. There are people living on the moon with brain powers and they want war!
So, what does Cinder do? Try not to get into it. Obviously. She has logic unlike a lot of people in the real world. But when her step-sister whom she actually cares about, Peony, is struck with a similar plague as the Black Death, she is thrusted into a world of strange immunity and she soon runs away after the evil queen from the moon (who wants to marry the Asian/Commonwealth prince Kai to help take over the Earth) recognizes her as... well, if you read the book you'll know ;D
But yeah, I definitely suggest it. Book 1 is Cinder, book 2 is Scarlett, book 3 is Cress, and book 4 is Winter. The four main characters names, to be blunt. But in each book, they are introduced. So you don't know Scarlett in book 1, you don't know Cress in 2, but you do meet Winter in book 3. Is this confusing? I'll try and simplify it if it is.

Sorry for not being on in awhile. We upgraded our internet today thank goodness. Our last plan blanked out on us and I had n internet for about 2-3 days D:
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 27/02/14, 07:34 am

I've seen a lot about those books. But first I would have to finish the Duvergent series. I'm almost done with Insurgent.
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 27/02/14, 11:44 am

Okiedokie. Actually, I wouldn't really be Dauntless. I can picture myself as Factionless, at least during the times that Tris is alive. I do know what happens to her in the end due to me accidently reading it on Wikipedia...
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 27/02/14, 07:59 pm

Smoke!
Can you not read the *SPOILER ALERT* signs posted all over the place in red? Those things usually mean that you shouldn't read ahead unless you don't care if the ending gets ruined. xD
Please just don't ruin anything for me yet, I'm not starting Allegiant until tomorrow.
And don't let stupid Wikipedia ruin it for you. Just because you caught what happens at the end shouldn't make you want to not read the other two books. I have a friends who was going to read a series with me once. But somebody told he that somebody died in the seventh book and my friend never even finished the first book because of it.
I hope you aren't that kind of person!
PERSEVERANCE, SMOKE, PERSEVERANCE!
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 28/02/14, 04:46 pm

I'm not Meggy! XD I'm just waiting for the movie to come out, so I can really get into it. I really enjoyed it, but I read it way too fast and absorbed too much of the book feel like it went to my standards
I'm too impatient to read it over again slowly so I'm just waiting for the movie. It happens a lot for me unless I have the next book within a 50 foot proximity of my hands x3
Okay, I won't tell you. It surprised me. Books rarely do it, and usually they aren't as successful as Divergent is. ANYWAYS, sorry, but I just had to say that one thing. You'll get it later.
Was that series perhaps the Harry Potter books?
Harry Potter Ending [Don't READ If You Haven't Read/Seen It!!!:
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 28/02/14, 08:19 pm

I can't wait for the movie.
I seriously might explode if I have to wait. xD

And.... No. Um, it wasn't HP.
I uh.... Feel bad for saying this.
I never actually tried Harry Potter.... Ahahaha. ;~;
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 28/02/14, 09:27 pm

Ooh! You definitely should! It's wonderfully written and Harry Potter is actually an 11 year old- he acts just like the normal shy person! :D
Of course, I hate his aunt, uncle and cousin. Fat turds they are.
So... onto a topic where we both understand what's going on :3
You ever daydream? I do, and I need music to do it. My eyes also have to be open, and my most vivid daydreams are when I'm in a vehicle (and not driving it obviously). Thing is though, when I read a book, I keep one song on repeat. Over and over until it's printed into my mind. And every time I listen to the song afterward while daydreaming, it doesn't matter what I'm dreaming about. I can go from thinking of SpongeBob to dreaming of Divergent.
I have a couple of songs for the recent books I've read :3
Divergent- Miss Murder by AFI
Cinder- Breath of Life by Florence and the Machine
The Red Pyramid (By Rick Riordan)- It Gets Worse by Mindless Self Indulgence
Seriously, it's weird. Sometimes the songs have nothing to do with the book- I just listened to them when I was reading!

Divergent Talk Tumblr_mes9vzZQ4M1rm7d3so1_500
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 01/03/14, 09:42 am

Hmmm.
Well I don't exactly do that.
But I recently became a modern-day human. xD While I was at a friend's house we were both sitting on her couch reading until midnight. And she had pop music playing from the TV.
I also can't sleep without noise, so she turned her radio on to pop while we slept. I'm pretty sure that's not healthy for your brain or whatever, but it helped me sleep. xP
Anyways now that I was reading while having the pop music in the BG I think it wired my brain up in some weirdo way. My brain started associating pop music with something that I love a lot, reading.
Needless to say I starting liking pop a little bit last weekend.
BUT NOT A LOT. ;^;
It's only certain songs.
UGH. Most pop songs kill me. I can't stand them!
So I guess I became a little more human.
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 01/03/14, 08:57 pm

SMOKE!
SMOOOKEEE!!!
LOOK AT THIS FOOTAGE FROM TODAY'S MLP EPISODE
LOOK AT THAT
LOOK AT THOSE CLEAR REFERENCES

Divergent Talk MLP_FIM_Season_Episode_16_quot_4989de0bf5eacfc97161106689f84e5a

xDDD
It's Dr. Whooves with a pony named Rose wearing 3D glasses and a tie.
They can't make that a much larger reference to Whoovians. xDDD
Just thought I'd show you.
I'll let that play over and over again and soak in now. xD
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 01/03/14, 11:06 pm

WHERE DO YOU FIND THESE EPISODES!!!?!?!? YOUTUBE FAILS ME AT BRINGING SUCH GLORY!!!!!!!
Or maybe I'm just brain-dead. ._.
Yeah, that's probably it.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 02/03/14, 11:21 am

Ummmm....
Usually You Tube. But on You Tube they usually get taken down due to some crazy copy-writing thing. xP
So the next place I go is a place called Daily Motion. It usually doesn't get stuff taken off of it.
Once my mother asked where I find the episodes, because we don't use cable. I explained it to her and she didn't understand why people would try to help people who didn't have a way of watching the episodes like that, especially since they knew it would get taken down. Smoke, Bronies can be such nice people. They have a really bad reputation, though.

ALSO I MIGHT NOT BE ON MUCH THIS WEEK
Bad ice storm.
Power is probably going to go out.
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 02/03/14, 11:44 am

Oh, I understand. Today and tomorrow we have a huge snow storm and we're supposed to get18 inches of snow '~'

Bronies are usually hiding in their shells, so yeah I know their rep.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 02/03/14, 12:34 pm

I'm so tired of winter.

And there are some really bad "bronies" out there. Normal bronies call the bad bronies "/b/ronies", although that term seems to have lost it's effect.
/b/ronies are the ones who troll people about pony, try to force people to watch the show, and run around the gym screaming stuff about pony. Oh yeah, and they wear pony clothes everyday.
Most bronies stay quiet about their love of the show unless they are talking to other bronies. /b/ronies don't care what they say to other people.
But because /b/ronies are the ones who make themselves known, they are also the ones who every non-brony knows. Which is why normal bronies usually aren't very well-liked. Non-bronies tend to think every brony is a /b/rony because they don't get to see the normal bronies.
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 02/03/14, 06:55 pm

I can honestly say I have never heard that ._.
You guys must have this secret government or something....
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next