The New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
News on LifeClan ~ SWP 2016
Button for LifeClan Announcement
Button for Plot
Button for Vote
Staff

Administrator

*Smoke*

Moderators

Roo12

Kitty

Retired Administrator and Owner

Mini~
Maps
_
Clans
Click to enlarge
The New Era

Twoleg
Click to enlarge
The New Era
Affiliates
Warrior Clan CatsThe New EraThe New EraThe New Era
Latest topics
» Old friends getting in touch!
Mud and Ice (Open!) Empty26/06/20, 10:07 pm by *Smoke*

» A Life Worth Living and Loving (Private)
Mud and Ice (Open!) Empty05/06/17, 11:03 am by Kit

» Mediterranean Madness (Private; Roo & Smoke)
Mud and Ice (Open!) Empty06/04/17, 05:28 pm by Roo12

» In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~
Mud and Ice (Open!) Empty29/03/17, 07:32 am by Searisha

» Character Creation Guideline and Forms
Mud and Ice (Open!) Empty09/02/17, 09:45 pm by hollyleaf6610

» ThunderClan Allegiances
Mud and Ice (Open!) Empty09/02/17, 09:29 pm by hollyleaf6610

» Snowfang of Windclan
Mud and Ice (Open!) Empty26/01/17, 03:37 am by Silver

» Hey I'm new (^._.^)_/
Mud and Ice (Open!) Empty22/01/17, 06:25 pm by Roo12

» Hi, I'm new!
Mud and Ice (Open!) Empty01/01/17, 05:59 pm by Searisha

» Starlingpaw of ShadowClan
Mud and Ice (Open!) Empty01/01/17, 09:20 am by Searisha

Mud and Ice (Open!)

4 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Mud and Ice (Open!) Empty Mud and Ice (Open!)

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 13/01/15, 05:51 pm

Icepaw's pale brown eyes shot open, and she shuddered. Ever since the half-moon meeting, Icepaw was given strange dreams whenever she slept. She always found herself in complete darkness, but this time, Icepaw had seen glowing eyes surrounding her, before she woke up.
It was unnerving, to say the least. She lifted her head and stretched her neck out to peek out of the den.
Dawn. She thought, as she saw the barely lit area outside.
She rested her head on her paws again, and looked to the sleeping Whiteheart.
I've put it off for too long. As soon as he wakes, I'm telling him about my ominous dreams. Maybe he'll know. 
Icepaw stood up from her moss bedding, and padded outside of the den.
Even though the air had a definite chill, her thick white coat kept her warm, and the sun's rays lightly warmed her fur. The sun was just barely peeking out from behind the far away mountains, and she stared at it for a long time. During sunrise, it wouldn't hurt your eyes.
She stared at it for minutes, blinking every now and then. Eventually, it got a bit too bright, and she shifted her gaze down to the beautiful camp. She took a long, deep breath, and looked to the apprentices den. If she had chosen a different path, she would be sleeping there.
Sighing, she laid down, and went back to sleep right outside of the medicine den.

This time, she finally had a different dream. She dreamed she was a queen in the nursery. She looked down. Her fluffy white body was much bigger now, and she saw her young kits right by her belly.
One was white and fluffy like her, one was a long-furred brown tabby, and one was brown and fluffy. She purred and licked the kits fur lovingly.
Then she woke up again.

She'd never have kits. Never have a mate.
Never be a warrior.
No, it's worth it. I love herbs. I love being a medicine cat. I can't think like this.
She pushed the painful thoughts away. She knew she had to focus on the good parts of being a medicine cat.
She sat up, and frowned.
She just wished that one stupid rule was gone.

~

OOC: So, we got a close look into Icepaw's thoughts and stuff.
As you can see, someday she wants to be a mother but she can't because her true path is a medicine cat, and she knows that in her heart.

Sad stuff. :(
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Location : it's unknown exactly where the elusive atom thrives. it is suggested somewhere with a large amount of fuego takis, deep inside of the homestuck fandom. send help. and root beer. thank

http://walkingamongrivers.boards.net (Inactive ATM.)

Back to top Go down

Mud and Ice (Open!) Empty Re: Mud and Ice (Open!)

Post by Stormheart 15/01/15, 12:02 pm

Meanwhile, Mudpelt padded around the camp, thinking about his future as well. He had big plans, as he wanted to be the leader, leading his clan into battle.. But the competition was tough, and he would have to prove hiself many times over in order to achieve what he wanted. So far he was doing good- he was a skilled fighter and generally well-liked, which was good. He had no interest in a mate and kits, and he right now believed that they would just slow his progress.. Just then he saw an apprentice, Icepaw, waking up from sleep, and he muttered a small "Hey."
Stormheart
Stormheart

Back to top Go down

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 15/01/15, 05:07 pm

"Oh, hello." Icepaw mewed, and stretched for a moment, until she sat down again, curling her tail around her white paws.
"Good morning. Did you sleep well?"
She purred. She was a moon older now, and she was becoming less shy as she grew more confident around cats. Of course, sometimes, she could be shy, but generally she was much more social now.
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Location : it's unknown exactly where the elusive atom thrives. it is suggested somewhere with a large amount of fuego takis, deep inside of the homestuck fandom. send help. and root beer. thank

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormheart 15/01/15, 05:40 pm

"Good morning to you too. I slept alright." he responded. "How about you?" he was still standing, and waiting for her response.
Stormheart
Stormheart

Back to top Go down

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 15/01/15, 06:34 pm

"That's good! And no, er, kind of. I've been having weird dreams, but otherwise I slept well." Icepaw replied, and stared into the horizon. She thought of the other apprentice she had met at the last half-moon meeting, and smiled. The next meeting should be soon.
She wondered what else Sandypaw was up to, in ThunderClan.
But then she frowned. Would she get another unnerving vision? Or would the weird dreams get worse every time she visited the Moonfalls? She shuddered at that thought. She knew she hadn't been refused by StarClan. She could feel it. But that didn't comfort her as much as it should.
Ice. She thought again.
"Sorry if I seem distracted, just thinking." Icepaw said to Mudpelt, a friendly smile on her face again.
"I met another apprentice like myself on my first visit to the Moonfalls. I was thinking of her. It's coming up soon, after all."
She had thought of Sandypaw, but she was also thinking about what she had seen at the Moonfalls.
But, it was a rule in the medicine code that you may not tell other cats your visions. It was unfortunate, as Icepaw loved to talk about things. But, she would not disobey the Medicine Code. Breaking it was as serious as breaking the Warrior Code.

~

OOC: Fun (Scary) Warriors Fact!
Medicine cats have seizures when they get visions from StarClan, and that's why most apprentices choose to be warriors instead. D:
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormheart 16/01/15, 03:06 pm

"It's alright, we are all distracted sometimes." he replied with a grin, and continued. "What clan was the other apprentice from?" he asked, gazing across at her. "And also, would you mind telling me the dreams? They-" he suddenly stopped talking, looking a bit ashamed. 'I'm sorry." he muttered. "I'm too inquisitive, never mind what I just said before.."

Ooc: Damn, your posts are loooong! I am jealous. x3
Stormheart
Stormheart

Back to top Go down

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 16/01/15, 05:02 pm

OOC: I've been inspired lately, dunno why. :P

~

Icepaw chuckled slightly. "It's fine."
She considered his earlier question, and she wasn't sure if they counted as visions.
"Darkness." She answered. Realizing that must be confusing, she explained. "I mean, like I'm just standing there. And everything around me is dark. This night, I saw eyes staring at me. I think they're just weird nightmares, it doesn't matter." Icepaw meowed. She knew that wasn't true. The dreams had to mean something, but she had said it to try to convince herself as much as him.
It didn't work. She pointedly left out the more recent dream--she didn't want to think about it anymore.
But she couldn't stop thinking about it.
She curled down into a laying position, and rested her head on her paws.
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormheart 17/01/15, 04:38 pm

Ooc: That's great!

"Really?" he looked at her for a moment. "That's a little strange, but they're just dreams, think nothing of them! I've had many messed up dreams and they meant nothing." He was beng a little ignorant, as she was a medicine cat apprentice.
Stormheart
Stormheart

Back to top Go down

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 17/01/15, 04:58 pm

Despite the sick feeling in her stomach, she still found comfort in his words. "I'm a medicine apprentice, though. I did--" Icepaw stopped herself, shaking her head. She had almost blurted out her vision at the Moonfalls!
"I did know the risks when I became one, but I didn't know something so ominous would come so soon. Do you think they're visions?" Icepaw finished, saying something different but still an honest question.
She knew he probably wouldn't know, but it was nice to talk to someone at the moment.
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormheart 17/01/15, 07:31 pm

By now Mudpelt felt pretty stupid about his mistake. "Agh, right, your dreams are signs and stuff." Mudpelt tried his best not to seem uninterested, as the medicine cat thing had never caught his eye. "I think they could be visions, you should talk to your mentor about it!"
Stormheart
Stormheart

Back to top Go down

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 18/01/15, 01:59 am

"Yeah, once he wakes up." She agreed, and smiled. "Do you want to go hunt? That's one thing I can do as a medicine cat!" Icepaw meowed, her tail high in the air as she sat up again and her eyes shining playfully.
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormheart 18/01/15, 03:56 pm

He grinned at her, and responded almost instantly. "Sure, let's go! I'd love to go hunting!" He started to walk towards the camp exit.
Stormheart
Stormheart

Back to top Go down

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 18/01/15, 05:57 pm

Icepaw stood up, and stretched. She bounded over to him ad then began a steady walk. "Hm," 
"Have you ever noticed prey eats things that are not fresh-kill, like grass and seeds or the fruits of trees? It's so odd." She wondered, looking up at a bird flying across the sky with another right by its side.
Birds have mates? She thought curiously.
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormheart 19/01/15, 04:48 pm

"Yes, it is odd." he replied with a grin. "But to them, eating fresh-kill would be very strane as well, we are all different!" He looked up in the sky to see two birds flying side by side, and he noticed that Icepaw's eyes were also on them, as if a thought had crossed her mind.
Stormheart
Stormheart

Back to top Go down

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 19/01/15, 10:48 pm

"Hm." She said again. "You're right."
"What strange beings we all are. We're all strange in our own strange ways." Icepaw smiled, and purred. She paused as she saw an injured dove on the moors. She knew she had to feed her clan, especially during leaf-bare, but after their previous conversation, she didn't want to kill it. "What should we do?" She asked softly, pointing with her tail to the thing, trying desperately to fly, but its right wing was apparently broken or sprained.
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormheart 20/01/15, 12:58 pm

"Haha, that we are." he said, looking around the landscape." Then he noticed the dove as well, and a thought struck his mind, rather different from Icepaw's. "Well, I think it will be an easy-" Then, noticing her expression, he broke off, not wanting to seem cruel in front of the apprentice. "You can decide what we do with it."
Stormheart
Stormheart

Back to top Go down

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 20/01/15, 07:31 pm

"I know it's weird, but... what if I practice with it? Healing cats is one thing, but imagine if I tried to heal it and it worked?" Icepaw said. She knew she must sound crazy, but she was curious and, oddly enough, she felt bad for the pitiful thing. "I'll hunt another piece of prey to make up for it."
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormheart 21/01/15, 01:10 pm

"Well, that may actually work. I doubt it will go anywhere, so go ahead, you can do that, good practice." He looked to the dove, and nodded at her.
Stormheart
Stormheart

Back to top Go down

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 21/01/15, 04:46 pm

"Okay. I doubt it's going anywhere right now so after we hunt I'll come back for it." Catchweed? Bindweed? What do you use for broken bones? Oh, right.
She thought, making mental notes.
Below the overwhelming scent of the dove, she sensed rabbit.
She flicked her tail a certain way to signal "Prey.".
Icepaw went into a hunting crouch, her legs bent slightly and her tail still. Her neck kept low, she stalked to a more favorable position, and made sure the wind was in the right direction.
Then she leaped forward, and it broke into a run.
She did likewise, paws kicking up dust and dirt.
With her momentum, she sprang onto it, and swiftly used a killing bite.
Icepaw picked up the rabbit, and bounded back over to Mudpelt. "Can you place this on my back? It's how I carry prey so I can carry lots at a time. I can't reach it." She said, her voice muffled by the rabbit she was carrying.
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormheart 22/01/15, 11:37 am

Mudpelt nodded to her and watched her catch the rabbit, and was surprised at her agility and strength. "Great catch!" he yelled out. "You're a pretty great hunter!" He saw her come back, and heard her request. "You sure? Okay.." He took the rabbit from her, and placed it on her back.
Stormheart
Stormheart

Back to top Go down

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 23/01/15, 02:15 am

"Thanks." She said, her eyes gleaming at the praise, and she smiled as the rabbit was placed there.
"Yeah, I have short fangs so sometimes I can't grip more than one piece of prey in my jaws very well. I improvise!" Icepaw meowed cheerfully.
She considered his words more carefully, but silently. 
You're a pretty great hunter!
Am I a good fighter too? Sometimes I wonder if I'd make a good warrior. 
The brown rabbit matched her pale brown eyes, and looked so contrasting to her bright white fur.
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormheart 23/01/15, 12:23 pm

"That's a good way of doing things, it helps lots." he meowed, then made a mock serious face. "Well, now I have a score to settle!" he growled jokingly. "I have to catch something twice as big as that now!" He sniffed the air.
Stormheart
Stormheart

Back to top Go down

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 23/01/15, 04:29 pm

Icepaw smiled wide, and nodded, but then grinned. "Like you can catch something better than me!" She taunted playfully, her tail high in the air as a sign of cheerfulness.
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormheart 24/01/15, 05:27 pm

"Oh really?" he countered, whiskers twitching. "Watch your tone when you talk to a warrior! But if you want me to prove it so bad, I will.." He scented the air, hoping that something (big) would be around, as he was feeling reckless enough to belive that he could catch a fox..
Stormheart
Stormheart

Back to top Go down

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 25/01/15, 02:15 am

She opened her mouth to protest, but just snickered as she knew he was scenting for prey. What was he concentrating so hard on anyway?
Is he seriously trying to catch something better? He's a warrior! He has much better training. I'll have to up my game.
She thought to herself, fluffy feather-like tail flicking contentedly as she smiled confidently.
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next