The New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
News on LifeClan ~ SWP 2016
Button for LifeClan Announcement
Button for Plot
Button for Vote
Staff

Administrator

*Smoke*

Moderators

Roo12

Kitty

Retired Administrator and Owner

Mini~
Maps
_
Clans
Click to enlarge
The New Era

Twoleg
Click to enlarge
The New Era
Affiliates
Warrior Clan CatsThe New EraThe New EraThe New Era
Latest topics
» Old friends getting in touch!
Shy, Yet Somehow Adventurous {Currently Private} Empty26/06/20, 10:07 pm by *Smoke*

» A Life Worth Living and Loving (Private)
Shy, Yet Somehow Adventurous {Currently Private} Empty05/06/17, 11:03 am by Kit

» Mediterranean Madness (Private; Roo & Smoke)
Shy, Yet Somehow Adventurous {Currently Private} Empty06/04/17, 05:28 pm by Roo12

» In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~
Shy, Yet Somehow Adventurous {Currently Private} Empty29/03/17, 07:32 am by Searisha

» Character Creation Guideline and Forms
Shy, Yet Somehow Adventurous {Currently Private} Empty09/02/17, 09:45 pm by hollyleaf6610

» ThunderClan Allegiances
Shy, Yet Somehow Adventurous {Currently Private} Empty09/02/17, 09:29 pm by hollyleaf6610

» Snowfang of Windclan
Shy, Yet Somehow Adventurous {Currently Private} Empty26/01/17, 03:37 am by Silver

» Hey I'm new (^._.^)_/
Shy, Yet Somehow Adventurous {Currently Private} Empty22/01/17, 06:25 pm by Roo12

» Hi, I'm new!
Shy, Yet Somehow Adventurous {Currently Private} Empty01/01/17, 05:59 pm by Searisha

» Starlingpaw of ShadowClan
Shy, Yet Somehow Adventurous {Currently Private} Empty01/01/17, 09:20 am by Searisha

Shy, Yet Somehow Adventurous {Currently Private}

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Shy, Yet Somehow Adventurous {Currently Private} Empty Shy, Yet Somehow Adventurous {Currently Private}

Post by *Smoke* 08/11/13, 04:36 pm

Whisker
The young, calico she-cat looked up at the house in front of her in wonder. It was a two-story grey building, though it looked like it had quite a bit of character in it. At least she hoped so. It was going to be her new home after all, and she hoped her new life wasn't going to be boring like the shelter was. They gave you tasteless pebble food. Ugh.
The house was connected to another, exactly identical to it. But they were opposites, so if a room was on the right side of one of the houses, in the other it would be on the left. Both had bay windows, so you could technically look into the other Twoleg's home without being outside of your own. They had large, creaking doors underneath that, and stairs leading to the front dear beside that. It was really average, but kind of pretty.
Whisker's body was readjusted as one of her new Housefolk, a young girl with long blonde hair and pretty dark brown eyes, got out of their car. They were better on the inside then the outside, that's for sure. She'd heard that wild cats thought they were Monsters. How silly.
The she-cat nudged the girl's cheek, making her giggle as she bounced up the steps. Once inside Whisker looked at her surroundings. It was a sweet and simple home, with the entry room being the living room, leading to the kitchen with counters over-looking the previously mentioned room. Through a doorway was what she supposed was their eating area. Right beside the kitchen were stairs, and beside that another room, probably a formal living room. The little girl led her around the house, showing her the 3 rooms upstairs and the 2 bathrooms, as well as her new bed in the little girl's room.
The blonde girl's brother though, scowled at the cat as if he hated felines. She shrank back into the little girl's arms as she yelled at her older sibling for making 'the kitty scared'. She learned the little girl's name was Joanna and the other Twoleg's name was Evan.
I think I'll like it here, Whisker thought to herself as Joanna brought her to her room and placed her on her cat bed, watching the setting sun outside of the window.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Location : CONTACT ME THROUGH MY E-MAIL FOR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE :)

http://newerarp.forumotion.com/u31

Back to top Go down

Shy, Yet Somehow Adventurous {Currently Private} Empty Re: Shy, Yet Somehow Adventurous {Currently Private}

Post by megarin 08/11/13, 09:48 pm

A tall, slim body eased around the neatly arranged furniture making it's way to the far side of the house. Her long shadow echoed like darkness as it weaved itself around the obstacles in the way.
Four paws came to a sudden stop as the shape leaped up and turned itself to land masterfully on a little decorative table. A glass jar on the table rattled and the cat stopped it from falling with a gentle tail.
She had almost forgotten the new jar of flowers that the Twolegs kept. They changed it out every moon with something else. Last moon it was the dish filled with choreographed mints and Twoleg sweets. This moon it was orange flowers.
Sure, her Twolegs were weird. They were really neat and got really mad whenever she got in a clawing mood. But she loved them dearly.
Especially her little girl.
Nichole was her name. Yes, she loved Nichole.
After all, Nichole had been the one to find her on the side of the streets. And Nichole had been the one to carry her in her arms to the den where she and her parents lived. And Nichole had been the one to cry at the vet's office while the she-cat was being healed.
Nichole was a young Twoleg with short hair that was bleached blond as light as the sun. She had big curious blue eyes and was really tall and skinny.
The she-cat flicked her ears as she gathered her thoughts back. She was on a mission and she couldn't get carried away with her random thinking now. Poking her thoughts into other things was what had injured her as a kit.
Back paws curled around the table's edge, she pushed up and leaped to a greater height, where she could reach the windowsill and look into the Twoleg den next to hers.
She made the final leap to the window. It was open a crack, as it almost always was. Her Twolegs made sure she was in at night and locked it then.
But it was sunset and she had a while.
She saw shadows shifting in the Twoleg den next to hers.
The slim she-cat climbed to the edge of the outside of her den and leaped over to the den next to it. Though it wasn't very impressive since they were so close at some spots.
She knew what was supposed to be going on this evening. The neighbors were supposed to be getting a new cat today.
Duck peered through the thin clear sheet between her and the next house, looking to see if she saw a cat anywhere.
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Shy, Yet Somehow Adventurous {Currently Private} Empty Re: Shy, Yet Somehow Adventurous {Currently Private}

Post by *Smoke* 09/11/13, 08:48 am

A few moments later, curiosity came over Whisker. She hadn't explored the house fully quite yet, and Joanna was just lying on her bed, taking what she supposed was a nap. She stood up in her bed and stretched a little bit before walking towards the door.
She poked her head out of the tall wooden object and looked left then right. She wanted to make sure Evan wasn't nearby. He didn't seem to like felines very much, especially her.
She quickly ran down the wooden stairs, ending up right next to the kitchen and regular living room. She trotted over to the bay window and nudged her head into the curtain. She squeaked when she saw a cat on the other side of the window and slipped onto the floor with a loud 'Oof!'.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 09/11/13, 09:22 pm

The she-cat was about to turn away because the curtains to her neighbor's house were closed.
Then she saw a slight wave in the curtains.
She saw a glimpse of another cat.
Duck opened her mouth to say "Hi!", but stopped herself when she realized the cat in front of her fell backwards.
So instead she squished her head to the window so she could look down enough to see the cat.
"Are you okay?" she mouthed through the glass.
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 10/11/13, 08:45 pm

Whisker looked up from the ground at bright cat in the window nervously. She hadn't realize that there was a cat living next-door, or at least nearby. At least she knew that she wasn't the only cat on the block.
Mustering up the almost nonexistent courage Whisker had inside of her she looked up at the cat that was outside the window and mouthed back that she was fine. She stood up from the ground and lead up to the windowsill, barely making a soft thud as her paws came into contact with the wood.
"...I-I'm Whisker," the calico she-cat said, figuring that from right behind the window that the other cat could hear her well enough. She studied the cat in font of her in a non-creepy way.
It appeared to be a she-cat, with her figure. She was tall and lean, with random dark brown cuts going through her lighter colored pelt. Her chest was a white that not many cats had and she had piercing green eyes. The oddest part though, was her scraggly fur. It pointed out in all directions and was short in some areas, long in others. Whisker supposed that she had gone through something pretty rough to have her pelt like that.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 11/11/13, 08:57 pm

Duck swiped her long tail up to the outside windowsill with her.
She looked down at the pretty calico cat as her lips moved and she heard a soft mumble. The glass muffled the noise, but she thought she had heard the cat's name. "Whisker".
Duck would have mewed her name back, but she didn't want to shout through the window and attract housefolk attention. Having two families of twolegs out here shooing her inside would not be good. Plus it would make her housefolk kind of angry and she might get thrown in the cold room to sleep.
She nodded to a place on the window where if the cat on the other side pushed over and they both pushed at the same place they might be able to open it a crack up; enough to talk through.
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 11/11/13, 09:27 pm

The young calico wasn't sure what the she-cat on the other side of the window was talking about until she looked down and noticed a little grey thing. The dark brown tabby made a motion for what she should do and Whisker nodded her head in return. She looked friendly, so she supposed it would be okay just to open it enough for the two to talk. She began pulling the window thing towards her and she felt that it should probably go outward, so she changed her direction to push it instead of pull it.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 13/11/13, 07:45 am

Duck pulled the window a crack open as the other cat, "Whisker", pushed it. If finally shifted and there was a small gap rage enough to stick one of her paws through.
"Hello," she mewed through the window, "My name is Duck. I'm the next-door neighbor's pet cat."
Duck shifted on her paws, almost nervously. She hadn't met many cats in her life. And she guessed she look weird for a cat.
Would this calico be scared of her?
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 13/11/13, 02:51 pm

Oddly enough, Whisker believed Duck and a thought came to mind that the calico could completely trust this stranger. She didn't listen to it though; you could never really be sure about anything.
"Oh, that's actually not very surprising to me. I guessed there would be housecats her other then me," She mewed with a small smile.
"So you live in the house connected to this one?" She asked, cause the cat may have come from the house on the right of her new home instead of the left.

Ooc: I did this on my phone... On the bus. I shall polish it later ;3
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 16/11/13, 02:35 pm

OOC: You want me to reply to this now or wait for you to "Polish it up"?
I can wait but I didn't know if you wanted me to or not.
.~.
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 16/11/13, 03:08 pm

Ooc: I meant with grammar and stuff Meggy XD Yes, please reply.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 16/11/13, 03:10 pm

OOC: Just checking!
:3

Duck gathered information about Whisker while she watched her speak.
"Yeah, I'm from the den connected to this. Do you like your housefolk?"
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 16/11/13, 03:13 pm

Whisker nodded her head quite quickly but then stopped. "I do, but my houseperson's brother, Evan, doesn't seem very nice," She mewed, voicing some of her concerns.

Last edited by *ѕмσкє* on 16/11/13, 03:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 16/11/13, 03:17 pm

"Oh. He'll get better," she promised, "He's probably jealous. I've heard stories like that before. He probably thinks he's getting replaced by a cat. Just try being nice to him. Don't avoid him completely because he might think you're hostile."
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 16/11/13, 03:19 pm

Whisker nodded her head then looked back at Duck. "What are your housefolk like?" She mewed, just curiosity in her voice.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 16/11/13, 03:21 pm

"Oh, mine are really nice!" she mewed, "Most of the time. My little girl, Nichole, loves me to death. But her parents are like, neat freaks or something and get mad at me sometimes."
She hadn't had many conversations with other cat's in her life and hoped she was going in the normal direction.
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 16/11/13, 03:24 pm

Whisker listened intentionally but got a bit sidetracked by some screeching in the background... coming form behind the den maybe?
When Duck was done speaking -and Whisker knew what she said because she backtracked- she asked, "What was that?"
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 30/11/13, 10:47 pm

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 30/11/13, 10:53 pm

OOC: I'll pretend I saw this.
.-.

Duck paused.
Her ears flicked up at a high pitched noise that she could not find the location of.
"I don't know," she whispered, "There are lots of noises in the city. But that one hurt my ears."
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 30/11/13, 11:13 pm

"It.. it sounded like a cat or something," Whisker replied to the she-cat. She was honestly curious as to what really made that sound, but she was a bit scared to check it out. What if it really was a cat, but they weren't friendly? If it was a cat, couldn't it be injured as well?

Ooc: *Facepalm* XD
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 02/12/13, 09:18 pm

OOC: FACEPALM YOURSELF.
Oh wait.
That's what you just did.
.-.

"Where is the noise coming from?" Duck whispered to herself.
Her ears pricked to the noise some more.
"Want to check it out with me?"
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 02/12/13, 09:20 pm

Whisker hesitated before replying with, "Umm, sure. But we need to be careful!" She slowly slipped though the small crack of the window and was now standing on the small sill with Duck.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 02/12/13, 09:29 pm

"You lead. My ears are large, but I can't hear well with all of the Twoleg commotion. I can only concentrate on the closest noises. Show me where the noise comes from."
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 03/12/13, 12:22 am

Whisker nodded her head as she jumped off the window sill, tripping as she landed. A small pain went through her fore-left paw, but it wasn't bad so she looked back up to Duck to see if she'd jumped down already.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 03/12/13, 07:35 am

Duck was already down when Whisker leaped.
She noticed the other cat stumble a little and Duck thought she saw Whisker make a face.
"You okay?"
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next