The New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
News on LifeClan ~ SWP 2016
Button for LifeClan Announcement
Button for Plot
Button for Vote
Staff

Administrator

*Smoke*

Moderators

Roo12

Kitty

Retired Administrator and Owner

Mini~
Maps
_
Clans
Click to enlarge
The New Era

Twoleg
Click to enlarge
The New Era
Affiliates
Warrior Clan CatsThe New EraThe New EraThe New Era
Latest topics
» Old friends getting in touch!
Leaving Again {private; me and Smoke} Empty26/06/20, 10:07 pm by *Smoke*

» A Life Worth Living and Loving (Private)
Leaving Again {private; me and Smoke} Empty05/06/17, 11:03 am by Kit

» Mediterranean Madness (Private; Roo & Smoke)
Leaving Again {private; me and Smoke} Empty06/04/17, 05:28 pm by Roo12

» In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~
Leaving Again {private; me and Smoke} Empty29/03/17, 07:32 am by Searisha

» Character Creation Guideline and Forms
Leaving Again {private; me and Smoke} Empty09/02/17, 09:45 pm by hollyleaf6610

» ThunderClan Allegiances
Leaving Again {private; me and Smoke} Empty09/02/17, 09:29 pm by hollyleaf6610

» Snowfang of Windclan
Leaving Again {private; me and Smoke} Empty26/01/17, 03:37 am by Silver

» Hey I'm new (^._.^)_/
Leaving Again {private; me and Smoke} Empty22/01/17, 06:25 pm by Roo12

» Hi, I'm new!
Leaving Again {private; me and Smoke} Empty01/01/17, 05:59 pm by Searisha

» Starlingpaw of ShadowClan
Leaving Again {private; me and Smoke} Empty01/01/17, 09:20 am by Searisha

Leaving Again {private; me and Smoke}

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Leaving Again {private; me and Smoke} Empty Leaving Again {private; me and Smoke}

Post by Roo12 04/05/14, 04:02 pm

Leaving Again {private; me and Smoke} Sillho11
A fiery red sun blazes over the horizon, painting the hot African landscape in a brilliant golden wash, the relentless chatter of the twilight crickets silenced by the rays and replace with the soft, various songs of morning birds. Sharp, parched grass rustled noisily in the warm wind that blew across the red wilderness as herds of wild beasts stampeded across the hard earth, their cries and footsteps barely heard from up the hill on the farm where no lion stalks.
On this farm, a wooden, cracked pole of a wooden, cracked fence shifted as the weight of Felik Buhari leaned against its structures for support as he beheld the African dawn in all its glory. It was the last night he would spend with his family on their little farm for a long time, if ever again. He and his partner-in-crime (literally) had to leave for  a bank in Nakuru, fifty miles or so south from Kisumu, to stop a heist or something. The point is, they needed the money; Musamba, Felik's dad, needed the money for a life-saving operation that costed the damn earth.
Just then, the planks shifted again as Imani, the Hustler's oldest sister, came and sat beside her brother, twiddling a necklace with a whale carved from silver and green stone between her fingers. 
"You gonna miss this," she said in Swahili, nudging Felik jokingly. "Do you really need to go?"  
"I do if you want dad to get better," Felik shrugged simply, nudging her back, "Besides, I know at least the farm will be in safe hands with the best goat herder in Africa. Not including me of course."
"Don't flatter yourself," Imani laughed, "Besides, you used to just sit around playing your silly music."
"Speaking of which... I thought I'd give you this, as a going away present."
Felik pulled out a dented, old, tin harmonica from his pocket and pushed it into his little sister's hands. "You remember how I taught you to play it, right?"
"Of course I do. Thanks, Felik!" She squealed hugging her brother. He was a pain, and ungodly annoying, but what big brother wasn't? Besides, he could be fun when he wanted to be. 
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Leaving Again {private; me and Smoke} Empty Re: Leaving Again {private; me and Smoke}

Post by *Smoke* 10/05/14, 08:36 pm

Leaving Again {private; me and Smoke} Valent13

Valentina watched with a small smile at Felik and his farewell to his family. She was surprised when Sanaa, Felik's mother, walked over to her with open arms with a grin just as big as her heart.
Without hesitation, Vale wrapped her arms around the older woman who was supposed to be her mother-in-law.
"You be safe, alright young lady. A girl like you could get into some serious conundrums out there in the world, and I expect you and Felik to take care of each other," She persisted, a motherly protection in her chocolate brown eyes.
Felik and Vale had stayed at his family home for only two days, but over that time Sanaa and the young female criminal had become very close had developed a close relationship. If Vale had any reluctance to be around Felik's family after only knowing him for such a short time, they were gone along with the cold weather here.
"We will, I promise Sanaa," Vale spoke in rusty Swahili. Sanaa gave a small chuckle before she grabbed Vale into another quick hug before letting her go.
"Felik, are you ready to go? You don't want your girl waitin' on you now do you?" Sanaa said as she looked expectantly at her son.
Vale thought about their first quest; Lucas had some friends at a nearby bank, and the major criminal had a load of stash of money there, but he had also heard that there was going to be a robbery going on.
Vale and Felik were to act as heroes, saving the bank's vaults and the people inside of it. It would earn the 'masked heroes' trust of the people. It squeezed Vale's cold heart that it would be a turn-about when afterward they had to shoot dead the owner of the bank, who was giving information about Lucas to the robbers.
Vale would be doing this; as far as she knew, Felik had never killed anyone. She had.

Valentina sighed as she looked beside her. She was lying down on a beat-up sleeping bag, beside her closest friend, Leanna, a five year old girl who had run away from the orphanage with her. She was a thin, short blonde girl with a bright smile. To Valentina, she was a sister of sorts.
After a Public Beating, which was when the mistress would punish and reprimand one of the orphans in front of everyone at lunch time, Leanna had approached the crying fifteen year old. She had comforted Valentina, so wise and understanding for such a small child. They had been friends before this; it only caused them to become closer.
Every night, they would whisper about how they dreamed about running away. What they would do, what they would become, how they would get revenge on the mistress by adopting every one of the orphans there with them. Leanna wanted to become a veterinarian, to care for animals in a way that the mistress refused to take care of the girls. Valentina wanted to become a scientist, make breakthroughs to aid humankind in becoming a safer, healthier species.
Then they began to really plan an escape, enticed by their dreams. They would sneak out at night through the window in the basement, and run to the next city with money to pay for a hotel room until they figured out what to do next. Maybe they would fly to England, or even America, where they would not be limited to what they could do. Their nightmares of the mistress became fantasies of a Utopian future.
Eventually, when Valentina had her sixteenth birthday, they went through with their plan. The mistress never beat a girl on her birthday; it was one of the rare times she showed any type of humanity.
Once they had made it into the alley beside the orphanage, they began to run. Their hearts beating with anticipation and excitement, even bewilderment, they sprinted down the alleyway with wide smiles on their faces.
And it had led them to where they are now; the middle of the next day, in an abandoned building with nothing but a couple hundred euros, a bit of food, water and a single sleeping bag.
But Valentina was unable to sleep. The sixteen year old girl had a dreading feeling her heart, like something bad was about to happen.
~To Be Continued~
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Location : CONTACT ME THROUGH MY E-MAIL FOR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE :)

http://newerarp.forumotion.com/u31

Back to top Go down

Leaving Again {private; me and Smoke} Empty Re: Leaving Again {private; me and Smoke}

Post by Roo12 11/05/14, 05:19 am

Ooc: ._. ....... STOP BEING SO GOOD AT THIS!!XD Seriously, I felt as though I was reading an extract from an Arthur Conan-Doyle novel or something! Can't wait to see where it goes;D

Felik and Imani looked up to where Vale and Sanaa were standing at the top of the hill by the house. They both gave a small chuckle at their mother before sliding off the cracking fence and making their way up the hill to the others. Imani stood by her mother facing Felik and Valentina. She gave Vale a hug and Felik said goodbye to his mother before she smothered him in an enormous bear-hug. 
At last, it was time to leave. 
"Have you said goodbye to everyone?" Sanaa asked her son.
"I did last night, but I don't want to wake them up now," Felik replied, "They'll complain all day that they were brutally deprived of sleep."
After another farewell hug from Sanaa for both of them, Felik stepped into the driver's seat of the rented car and started the engine, shooting red dust up in the air around the exhaust pipe.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 11/05/14, 08:45 am

Ooc: ._. ....... Is it bad that I don't know who this Arthur Con-Gargoyle guy is?

With one last hug with Sanaa, and a little wave to Imani, Vale walked around the car to the shotgun seat. She got in quickly, and blew out a sigh of relief once the door was closed.
Finally, the dreaded journey was going to begin.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 11/05/14, 09:12 am

Ooc: I think he's much more well-known in England than anywhere else XD He's the author of all the Sherlock Holmes books.

Felik looked at Vale as she climbed into the seat next to him. He sighed and smiled, "So there's a major bank in a huge city that's about to be attacked by big-name criminals, no doubt going to end in bloodshed and thievery... and it's up to me and the Mrs to stop it... You ready to go, honey?"
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 11/05/14, 01:23 pm

Ooc: I FEEL STUPID RIGHT NOW. I love Sherlock Holmes and I didn't even know that!

"Only if you pay for dinner tonight, sweety," Vale teased back, her face holding a smirk.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 11/05/14, 01:36 pm

Ooc: LOL! Well now you know. NOW GO READ ALL HIS BOOKS!!;D

Felik laughed, " You got a deal, cupcake."
He turned the key and stepped on the gas, driving off down the red, dusty hill, southward towards their destination. 

Ooc: Shall we do another time-leap thingy to when their at the bank?
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 11/05/14, 06:03 pm

Ooc: Gotta read the Great Gatsby before I try anything else ;D
xD You mean a time-skip? Sure.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 11/05/14, 06:13 pm

Ooc: Fair enough XD I'm actually reading Les Miserables at the moment. It's beautifully written, but BY GOG is it drawn out xD 
I'll skip ahead tomorrow, if that's alright. I might be able to do it before school in the morning, but it's too late for me to do a long post right now x3
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 11/05/14, 07:04 pm

Ooc: Alright, it's the same for me x3
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 15/05/14, 04:51 pm

Ooc: Bump ^.^ Oh, and I'm reading an older book as well. Finally getting to the Great Gatsby!
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 15/05/14, 05:07 pm

Ooc: That's awesome! We've been reading The Hound of the Baskervilles in English at school at the moment, which a lot of people hate, but I'm nerdily pumped for itXD

Felik, leaning in the shadows against the bare brick wall of the alley behind the bank in Nakuru, pulled on his homemade black, woolen mask that covered the whole of his face, excluding his eyes. He tuned his now-slightly-muted hearing to the street just ahead of him and Vale, able to make out the entrance of the bank. Instinctively, his hand dropped to his side, expecting to feel the warm, furry ears of Sable. When he was jarringly reminded that his loyal Alsatian had been left back in Paris, Felik quickly pulled his hand back up to the handle of his gun stuffed in his belt.
The Hustler's eyes lit up when he recognized the face of one of the men on the photo sent to the duo via Lucas. He was one of the three people Valentina and himself had to take out. 
Knowing that the robbery wouldn't begin until the other two arrived separately, Felik remained where he was. Soon, the second, a woman this time, shuffled herself into the shop. One to go, the Hustler told himself, tapping his fingers against the black shaft of his weapon.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 16/05/14, 04:28 pm

Ooc: I finished The Great Gatsby today. I am one of the Greek Muses, for I am one with my inner muse.

Vale gripped her Egyptian dagger tightly as she finally saw the last robber follow the other two into the bank discreetly. He was a well-muscled man, with a bald head and tattoos underneath his inconspicuous black shirt and khaki pants. The criminal gave a smirk as she realized the three had dressed up for the part.
Giving a few military-like hand signals to her partner, Vale slowly went up the alley, her left side constantly pressed against the stone wall.
She heard a few gunshots from the bank and snapped her head around to Felik. A stone expression on her face, she nodded, signifying she was ready to run to and through the doors, busting the three robbers fun time.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 17/05/14, 09:07 am

Ooc: Awesome. I haven't read the book, but liked the film a lot, so I might. We're about half way through the Hound of the Baskervilles at school. It's a surprisingly short book despite it being one of the most famous of the Sherlock Holmes collection :p

Nodding at Vale and giving her the good-to-go, Felik sprinted out of the ally and burst through the glass doors of the bank upon the robbery. At that moment, one of the male criminals had a female banker dangling by the hair i his hand, his gun jabbing her throat as she struggled and screamed.
The man glared up at Felik and Vale strode in confidently. "Who the f-"
But before he could finish, the robber screamed in agony and crumbled to the floor as Felik buried a bullet into his leg. Out of confusion, the remaining male thief aimed and shot at Felik, skimming his arm. The Hustler grabbed his bleeding wound, wincing in pain, before swerving round and shooting the guy in the same leg twice.
Looking around the room of terrified hostages, Felik narrowed his eyes. "The woman must've gone to the safes," He told Vale in french.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 17/05/14, 06:06 pm

Ooc: It feels like all old books are kind of short, but have such a long, and pro-founding story in it. The Great Gatsby was 180- pages! That shorter than pretty much all of the Warriors books by themselves! And they only cover a few moons! The Great Gatsby covers almost a year! D:
More power-playing Roo. I did not make Vale come in yet. I do not want to be irked into angry-mentor mode, so you just need to ask. You can even ask in the post before you type it down, and I will be fine with it as long as you add that you can change it if I don't want Vale to do that.

"Good," Vale replied in the same language. "Let me go find the curator." Swallowing the lump in her throat, the criminal set off, people looking up at her admiringly. They thought her a hero.
As she ran through the long and marble-made hall, her gun in her right hand, Vale thought out her plan. She knew the female robber would be with the curator. She'd have to kill him first, and then the girl, to make it look like she had done it. Jeez, Lucas wanted to really push her limits, didn't he?
As the young criminal kicked open the door, she immediately aimed at the man's head. He was an elderly man with glasses, and right now there was nothing but fear in his green eyes.
One quick bullet between his two orbs ended him. The trigger had slid in Vale's fingers so easily. It was easy to kill him. The girl who was carrying a bag with money dropped it and tackled Vale.
The breath knocked out of her, the girl tried to get the other off of her. A fierce hit to the head with the butt of a gun sent out a shriek from Vale. Pain exploded in her mind as the corners of her vision reddened.
Now she was pissed. Grabbing a handful of the other girl's hair, Vale threw her off. She immediately gained her stance on her feet. But so did her opponent.
Spitting, the robber said, "You would not kill one so like you. We are the same. It is obvious, as both minds think alike."
Vale seemed to hesitate. The girl had a smirk on her lips, thinking she had convinced Vale. But she did not lower her gun. A quick pull of her index finger laid the girl on the ground with the blink of an eye.
She had added two more things to her list to make her go to hell. But she didn't care where she went in the afterlife, if there even was one. These two people were nothing but scum, and so was the last one.

Valentina screamed as she heard a shriek coming from beside her. Leanna was looking at her with fear in her bright blue eyes, now fading.
Her shriek was gurgled, and Valentina soon saw why. There was a red slash across the five year old's throat, and blood was pouring everywhere as the knife stayed lodged in her neck.
A hand flew over Valentina's mouth as she was about too scream again. She reached out to Leanna, trying to save her, tell her she would be okay. Tell her she would be okay, that Valentina would go with her wherever she was going.
But the hand snapped left. Pain burst in Valentina as she lost her sense of sight, hearing, everything. She lay down, her soft hazel eyes unblinking. The only thing that registered in her mind was pain. So much pain.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 17/05/14, 06:48 pm

Ooc: I know right?! I just started reading Watership Down about a week ago after giving up on it last year. When I went back to it, it seemed so much shorter than I had thoughtXP
And sorry about that again, I just don't realize it when I'm typing and then don't think about it after I've postedXP I'll really try not to do it again, I know how annoying it gets ;p

Felik's head began to throb as the pain in his upper arm traveled upwards. His gloved hand still clenched the wounded area, blood trickling between his figures as his dark brown eyes glared at the door which Vale had entered some time ago. The room was silent around him, aside from the moaning of the injured men whose legs were bleeding substantially for some reason. 
Deciding his partner had been too long and worrying for her safety, the Hustler strode over to the bleeding robbers, both of which were reaching desperately for their guns, and kicked their weapons out of reach. Just then, Felik heard the sound of sirens outside and lights began to flash blue all around the building.
Muttering a curse word under his breath, Felik sprinted down the hall where Vale had gone and soon arrived at the scene, shocked to see his friend standing over the dead bodies of the targets.
"Vale, the cops are here," he barked with urgency, "We gotta go. Are you alright?"
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 18/05/14, 10:59 am

Ooc: Yeah, I really am astounded by the amount of words, and the story, but at how short it is by itself :/
It's alright Roo. Just read over it again. That's what I do :3I think she'll tell Felik the rest of the story ;3

"Yup. Let's go," Vale said, snapping her blue gaze from the bodies. Placing the robber's gun into her hands by using a tissue to have a lack of her own fingerprints, Vale then lead the way out of the office's door.
She could easily hear the cops now, even through her pounding heart. Seeing out of the corner of her masquerade mask, she saw blue and red lights. She took off to the right, where a fire escape was, as well as a lift from Lucas.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 20/05/14, 12:36 pm

Ooc: Yeah, I know what you meanXD What's really annoying (for me anyway) is when book is just dragged out when it could be cut in half and be just as good a read, if not better. Did you ever read 'The Sight' by David Clement-Davies? It was a really great book, but when I got to the sequel, 'Fell', it felt like I was reading a really long post someone put on here. It just felt kind of... fanfic-y? I think mainly because it was just too padded and drawn out, I just couldn't get into it :p
And thanks, I should read over my stuff more, I know. I've started to get into that habit, but I still manage to slip up sometimes xP

Felik sprinted out after Vale, tucking a wedge of money (that wasn't Lucas's) deep into his pocket so Lucas couldn't see it and being careful not to leave any sign of the two being here. Crashing through the red, marked door, Felik saw a car waiting outside for them, the windows blacked out so the Hustler couldn't see who was in it.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 20/05/14, 12:56 pm

Vale ran and jumped into the back of the large black Mercedes, her heart pounding but her breath somehow even and calm. She cleared her throat before telling the freaked out driver that once her friend arrived into the car, he was to drive to the bridge at two foreign named street's intersection.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 20/05/14, 01:09 pm

Felik leaped into the back immediately after his partner-in-crime, yelling at the driver to put his foot down as he knew the police would be out any second. The car blasted off down the broken back-road before Felik was even able to shut the door and headed towards its allocated destination.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 20/05/14, 05:23 pm

As Vale was pushed against the back of the seat, she let out a few French curse words as she felt the sharp pain in her back as the belt buckle had jabbed it.
Stupid things were supposed to help you, not bruise you. Grunting, she picked herself up and regained her bearings, making sure she had all of her things. She took the Italian masquerade mask off and ran a hand through her hair.
A job well done.
Leaving Again {private; me and Smoke} Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrgFb0zZF32yvBkSalV1IJ7K0--j-cme0eHnZ4Vic4R199y70mIA
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 20/05/14, 05:45 pm

Felik copied Vale in taking his mask off, relishing in the cooler air of the car, as opposed to the stuffiness of his wool mask. "Psst," he whispered to Vale as the car approached the destination and pulling the wedge of money out of his pocket with a wink, "Look at this. Don't worry, its not Lucas's, I'm sure of that. Just a little something for when we're back home."
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 20/05/14, 06:02 pm

Vale gave a mocking punch to Felik's shoulder, not hard enough to hurt him but enough to show him she was picking on him. "Nice, Felik. Just make sure the big bad boss doesn't see it," She winked back with a small laugh.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 21/05/14, 12:17 pm

"Is that what Lucas is now?" Felik laughed, nudging Vale back, "Well fine. We don't want to upset the big-bad-boss now, do we?"
The car soon pulled up to the side of the road where the two criminals were being dropped off. Climbing out of the car and onto the pavement, the Hustler was met by a man in casual clothing. He handed Felik a phone that was set to loudspeaker, and soon heard Lucas's arrogant voice.
"Hello, Felik. It is you, isn't it?" the man said, sure of himself.
"Yes, it's me," Felik replied, repressing his irritation at hearing Lucas's voice, "Vale's here too. The heist was a success."
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 21/05/14, 12:48 pm

"The director's taken care of, and the female is going to get the blame," Vale spoke to the phone once she had easily exited the car.
"How's she going to get blamed?" Came the curiosity in Lucas' voice.
"She's dead too," Vale replied bluntly.
After and exclamation of joy, Lucas questioned Felik how much the robber's trying to take.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next