The New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
News on LifeClan ~ SWP 2016
Button for LifeClan Announcement
Button for Plot
Button for Vote
Staff

Administrator

*Smoke*

Moderators

Roo12

Kitty

Retired Administrator and Owner

Mini~
Maps
_
Clans
Click to enlarge
The New Era

Twoleg
Click to enlarge
The New Era
Affiliates
Warrior Clan CatsThe New EraThe New EraThe New Era
Latest topics
» Old friends getting in touch!
Family life ~Private, me and Kit~ - Page 3 Empty26/06/20, 10:07 pm by *Smoke*

» A Life Worth Living and Loving (Private)
Family life ~Private, me and Kit~ - Page 3 Empty05/06/17, 11:03 am by Kit

» Mediterranean Madness (Private; Roo & Smoke)
Family life ~Private, me and Kit~ - Page 3 Empty06/04/17, 05:28 pm by Roo12

» In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~
Family life ~Private, me and Kit~ - Page 3 Empty29/03/17, 07:32 am by Searisha

» Character Creation Guideline and Forms
Family life ~Private, me and Kit~ - Page 3 Empty09/02/17, 09:45 pm by hollyleaf6610

» ThunderClan Allegiances
Family life ~Private, me and Kit~ - Page 3 Empty09/02/17, 09:29 pm by hollyleaf6610

» Snowfang of Windclan
Family life ~Private, me and Kit~ - Page 3 Empty26/01/17, 03:37 am by Silver

» Hey I'm new (^._.^)_/
Family life ~Private, me and Kit~ - Page 3 Empty22/01/17, 06:25 pm by Roo12

» Hi, I'm new!
Family life ~Private, me and Kit~ - Page 3 Empty01/01/17, 05:59 pm by Searisha

» Starlingpaw of ShadowClan
Family life ~Private, me and Kit~ - Page 3 Empty01/01/17, 09:20 am by Searisha

Family life ~Private, me and Kit~

3 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Family life ~Private, me and Kit~ - Page 3 Empty Re: Family life ~Private, me and Kit~

Post by Kit 15/01/14, 05:16 pm

Ooc: Its okay!

Frostbite stood up in front of them " Oh no. You need to eat first." she barked sternly. Splinter muttered " I'm NOT hungry."
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Family life ~Private, me and Kit~ - Page 3 Empty Re: Family life ~Private, me and Kit~

Post by Roo12 16/01/14, 01:56 pm

Orion Looked behind him at the mention of food, "Your mother's right, as usual," the Alsatian agreed, "Shall I go hunting, or do you want to Frostbite?"
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 17/01/14, 05:18 pm

" You. I'll watch the pups." she barked.
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 19/01/14, 03:41 pm

Orion nodded at the she-dog before darting nimbly into the surrounding forest. It wasn't long before the dog's keen black nose caught the scent of recent animal activity in the soft undergrowth. Head down and tail held high, the Alsatian began tracking the unknown creature until its scent was strong enough to identify what it was. A buck hare, and not far off.
Orion continued on for a little while until he spotted the animal a fox-lengths away, nibbling on a patch of grass. He leaped and caught it it between his jaws and soon the hare accepted its fate and gave in to death.
That'll feed the pups perhaps, Orion thought, but what about Frostbite?
At that moment a startled grouse shot up from behind a bush and began to ascend stupidly into a nearby tree. Orion took his chance and caught the bird by the legs, when he was struck by a bright idea. Instead of killing the bird, he would take it back half dead so the pups could practice their hunting.
With that in mind, Orion clasped the stunned but still twitching bird in his teeth and made his way back, the hare resting on his back.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 19/01/14, 03:50 pm

Frostbite barked " Thanks Orion!" she gave him a friendly lick on the forehead. She set the hare down in front of the pups.
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 19/01/14, 04:07 pm

Orion shot a humble glance at Frostbite before barking at the pups, "Before you tuck in, pups, I have a challenge for you." The Alsatian lay the grouse down and watched as it stiffly flapped its wings to a standing position, staggering idiotically as it regained itself a little.
"Now," Orion barked, "Catch it."

Rhea hesitated for a bit, taken aback by the task and not sure how to accomplish it. But it wasn't long before she leaped. Her little pure white body flew through the air like a predatory bird, paws outstretched towards the grouse. But the bird was quick despite its ordeal, and managed to dodge the danger and began limping lopsidedly around the clearing.

"Go!" Orion laughed historically, "Catch it, or you'll go without breakfast!"
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 19/01/14, 04:26 pm

Rain corralled the bird towards Rhea.
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 19/01/14, 04:35 pm

Rhea sprung to her paws and shook dust off her coat as she spied what Rain was trying to do. The little pup hunched her shoulders and leaped forwards as the bird drew near. But the pup hit the ground clumsily and the grouse flew clear over her head before crashing back down as it continued the chase.

By this point, Orion was in hysterics. It was one of the few times, if ever, the pups had seen the stern soldier laugh so hard.

Seren, at this point, decided enough was enough. The silver pup sprinted up behind the grouse and took a snap at its backside. When he pulled away, only a crooked bunch of feathers were clasped between his teeth. Seren spat them out in frustration and disgust as he continued the chase.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 19/01/14, 04:39 pm

Splinter came out of nowhere slamming the grouse to the ground, he forced his weight on the bird and took a large chunk of its neck out. His claws sank into its neck and its body went still.

Frostbite stopped laughing and barked " Great catch Splinter!"
Rain nodded in agreement.
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 19/01/14, 04:45 pm

Orion's laughing ceased also as he stared down, smiling at the victorious hunter. "Congratulations, Splinter. You'll make a great hunter yet."

Seren looked enviously at his little brother as Splinter received Orion's praise. He was so close to catching it, too...

Rhea smiled at her little brother too, panting heavily from the chase. "Nice catch, little brother!" she barked, then ran over to him and pushed him playfully, "I guess you do have your uses!"
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 19/01/14, 09:00 pm

Splinter gave her a weird look. " What do you mean? You saying I'm not useful?" he barked seriously. Suddenly he smiled and tackled her playfully.
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 20/01/14, 02:12 am

Rhea pushed her brother off and grinned cheekily, "Shall we eat this thing or what?" she laughed, looking ravenously at the bird lying still just behind Splinter.

Orion stepped up at this and towered over Rhea and Splinter. "Splinter gets first pick of the meat," he told them, "he caught it. If he wants it all, then the rest of you must find food elsewhere."

Seren looked a little more respectful than jealous of his brother now, but Rhea frowned in annoyance, "That doesn't seem fair, Orion," the cub complained.

"It's the way the pack works," Orion replied simply.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 20/01/14, 09:52 am

Splinter smiled, he tore a chunk of meat off of the bird. " You guys can have the rest! I'm not the hungry!" he smiled. Frostbite nuzzled his son " That was the right thing to do. Now what do you say pups?" she asked with a lick on each of their heads.
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 20/01/14, 11:52 am

"I call the stomach!" Rhea yelled, jumping up and dashing to the bird. Seren followed after her much slower and sensibly, choosing a part of the body and chewing it placidly.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 20/01/14, 02:21 pm

Frostbite bent down and whispered in Seren's ear " Say thank you to Splinter, maybe the other pups will remember to say it to."

Splinter chewed on his meat eagerly.
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 20/01/14, 03:09 pm

Seren looked up at his mother, smiling and wagging his tail. The cub then looked at his little brother, "Thanks for the food Splinter," he woofed genuinely.

Rhea's little head shot up. She looked at Splinter, mouth full of meat, and copied Seren's words, though this time spraying meat everywhere.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 20/01/14, 04:22 pm

Rain ducked before barking " Yeah Thank You."
Splinter smiled and laughed " Your welcome."
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 20/01/14, 05:12 pm

Rhea swallowed what was left in her mouth when she decided she had had enough. The she-pup let out a little burp before trotting excitedly over to Orion. "So when does our training begin?" she barked enthusiastically.

Orion smiled at the puppy, "That was the training," he barked back, "And you certainly need to work on your hunting."

"But... what about fighting and stuff? I want to do that!" Rhea answered.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 20/01/14, 07:26 pm

Frostbite chuckled " You will, but you can't fight without strength and food gives you strength. If you can't hunt, you can't get food OR strength."
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 21/01/14, 12:09 pm

Rhea slumped down sulkily, her head between he front paws. "Okay," she mumbled, "So whose going to teach us hunting, then?"

"We both will," Orion answered quickly, "Come on, let's head out into the woods."
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 21/01/14, 03:44 pm

Rain and Splinter walked side by side quietly. Frostbite followed behind everybody.
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 22/01/14, 03:57 pm

Seren bounded up beside Orion at the lead, but struggled to keep up as the undergrowth got thicker. The grey pup tried to keep a casual demeanor, but he was struggling.

Rhea, on the other hand, stayed at the back, hopping and jumping through the forest floor, chasing bugs, fighting imaginary baddies and living entirely in he own world. Orion barked at her several times to keep up until the reached their destination.

Orion had found this place whilst hunting yesterday and decided it would be a fantastic place to train the pups hunting without having to keep bringing them live prey. The walk was short and the area was alive.
The pack was standing at the edge of a ring of vegetated earth the fell steadily away from them into a ravine shrouded with trees and plant life. Through the middle of this ravine ran a small but deep river where animals from all over the forest would gather to drink and feed.
"Here it is. Come on," Orion announced triumphantly, leading the way down.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 23/01/14, 08:17 pm

Rain shoved past Seren and Orion and ran towards the river so fast he almost fell in. Frostbite chuckled a bit, she watched Splinter follow Rain.
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 26/01/14, 02:58 pm

Rhea followed her brothers just as keenly, crashing into Rain and almost knocking him in again.

Seren joined his siblings also, walking a lot more reserved and dignified than the others, but not without a slight skip in his step.

Orion traced the youngsters steps and sat in front of them as Seren looked at him attentively, whereas Rhea continued to tug at Rain's scruff. "Pups," Orion boomed in a more serious voice now, "This is where your mother and I will teach you to hunt. When you have mastered that well enough to hunt small prey for yourselves, only then will we move onto combat."
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 26/01/14, 08:02 pm

" Awww man." Rain muttered. " This will be SOOOO boring!" he barked. Splinter rolled his eyes " Shut up and pay attention!" he growled.
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next