The New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
News on LifeClan ~ SWP 2016
Button for LifeClan Announcement
Button for Plot
Button for Vote
Staff

Administrator

*Smoke*

Moderators

Roo12

Kitty

Retired Administrator and Owner

Mini~
Maps
_
Clans
Click to enlarge
The New Era

Twoleg
Click to enlarge
The New Era
Affiliates
Warrior Clan CatsThe New EraThe New EraThe New Era
Latest topics
» Old friends getting in touch!
Helloooo New Era! Empty26/06/20, 10:07 pm by *Smoke*

» A Life Worth Living and Loving (Private)
Helloooo New Era! Empty05/06/17, 11:03 am by Kit

» Mediterranean Madness (Private; Roo & Smoke)
Helloooo New Era! Empty06/04/17, 05:28 pm by Roo12

» In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~
Helloooo New Era! Empty29/03/17, 07:32 am by Searisha

» Character Creation Guideline and Forms
Helloooo New Era! Empty09/02/17, 09:45 pm by hollyleaf6610

» ThunderClan Allegiances
Helloooo New Era! Empty09/02/17, 09:29 pm by hollyleaf6610

» Snowfang of Windclan
Helloooo New Era! Empty26/01/17, 03:37 am by Silver

» Hey I'm new (^._.^)_/
Helloooo New Era! Empty22/01/17, 06:25 pm by Roo12

» Hi, I'm new!
Helloooo New Era! Empty01/01/17, 05:59 pm by Searisha

» Starlingpaw of ShadowClan
Helloooo New Era! Empty01/01/17, 09:20 am by Searisha

Helloooo New Era!

4 posters

Go down

Helloooo New Era! Empty Helloooo New Era!

Post by Guest 20/06/13, 04:48 am

Hi, I'm AdeptParadoxy, and I haven't done too much RPing, though I did try RPing in the Warrior Cat's genre a good few years ago in my middle school days- it was really sad I assure. But those were far more naive days, to be certain. Now that I'm a bit older, I've gotten into playing DnD, but I still find it difficult to RP- a combination of rusty underdeveloped skills and my inherent tendency to shy away from speaking my opinion out loud except in either the most meek or brash of fashions. 
However, I plan to someday become an animator as my chosen career. Part of being a good animator, or so I've read, is being a good actor/ actress; thus, as getting into character to RP is basically the same thing, except perhaps a little more writing based and probably viewed by some as more 'nerdy', than 'real' acting, I figured it would be a good idea to try and develop those skills again. (Plus I'm bored this summer and it will potentially gain nerd points with my boyfriend, a seasoned online RPer and 10+year DM....)
Anyway, that's part of why I found new era. 
Why I chose New Era out of 50 other sites pandering to the same genre- new plot movements? Any new stories intrigue me, though some may kill it for me with shitty writing or plot- IMHO certain teen novels involving 'supernatural  love triangles' in a rainy setting, which shall remain nameless. 
Anyway- New Era has both plot movements in and out of character, but far more importantly, seems to have a caring and active RPing community! Who doesn't want to be a part of that? 
I will give fair warning though- due to the inadequacies of my dear, dear region that I make my abode in, more specifically the poor business choice on the part of the local Internet provider companies,  I have very limited Internet most of the time, if any, and often have to make trips to local libraries for any access at all! The worst part is literally just a mile from me, in either direction, good Internet is readily available, but someone somewhere did not see fit to make it available to me and my neighbors. It is a sad state of affairs. Thus, in advance, I apologize for the probable latency and absences on my part that are likely to occur, but I will try my very best to make up for it. 
Also, I'm going to strive to be a little bit less long winded than this initial introductory post.
I look forward to RPing with you guys!

Back to top Go down

Helloooo New Era! Empty Re: Helloooo New Era!

Post by Mini~ 20/06/13, 04:56 am

Welcome to New Era!

I'm Mini, the owner of the site :D It's nice to meet you!  You definitely chose the right place if you want interesting plots xD  we currently just finished up a site wide plot about the Malum Army, but don't fret; a new plot will be springing up soon :3 We only have cat rp boards at the moment, but I plan to put up boards for horse, dogs, even humans soon!  

Anyway, welcome to the New Era family!  ;D pm me or my two mods; Smoke and Megarin if you have any questions.
Mini~
Mini~
Administrator

https://thenewera.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 20/06/13, 05:23 am

Hello Adept, and welcome to the New Era!
I'm Smoke, obviously, but a lot of people on here call me Smokey. You're definitely going to fit in here- I can tell by how you have great grammar. You don't get very far into the Rping world without good grammar, so you've got that down!
Most of the people here at the New Era like to joke around because we act like a family, so don't be surprised if you see mine or Megarin's names be something else; it's just Mini pulling our leg.
This is a basic to advanced site, so start at whatever level you want. This was my first Rp site and I started at mediocre and worked my way up.
Rping is actually a good way to practice your acting skills. It lets you decide how to react to something in someone else's shoes. This site has actually helped me a lot in that department.
Ah, Twilight. U.S's worst book ever. I read it, and it wasn't badly put out, but sparkly vampires? What happened to stakes through the heart and dying as soon as a vampire set foot out in the sun? I just didn't like it.
We act like a family here, even though we treat each other like idiots at times. We're all basically siblings, and Mini seems to be the first child. Poor her. I'm up there, but the one with the most sense on this site is most likely Megarin.
Don't worry about your internet dilemma; some people rarely come on but we still consider them part of our site as much as any one else. Just don't be inactive for 2+ weeks, otherwise you will slowly fade into the past and we will think you won't be coming back on (unless, of course, you state how long you will be away).
Our last Admin., Sorrel, went Sorrel as we call it now. She disappeared for months and then I joined the old site as well as Megarin, and we Rped despite the admin's absence and Mini's inspiration sparked, creating the true New Era. We don't appreciate if you reopen the wound by going Sorrel on us.
This is one of the longest replies I've ever done to an Introductory post, but you seem to like fancy text, so I was more formal in this than a lot of others I have done.
Everyone is allowed 2 HPs (High Positions; Leader, deputy, etc.) and as many animals as you want.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the mods, active members, or Mini :)
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Location : CONTACT ME THROUGH MY E-MAIL FOR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE :)

http://newerarp.forumotion.com/u31

Back to top Go down

Post by Mini~ 20/06/13, 05:29 am

:P Hehe, yeah; a lot of pranks and jokes come up.  We are one big happy family.  And your right Smokey, Meggy is like the one child who has some sense xD she is always scolding us for playing around or doing stupid shit.

Ahem, I won't spam anymore x3 Bai
Mini~
Mini~
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 20/06/13, 09:19 am

Hello, I hope you like this website its nice.
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 20/06/13, 12:41 pm

Oh, gosh. Calling moi sensible?
You should see me in the real world.
Anyways, welcome to the New Era. I really think you will have fun here. I personally like this site better then a lot of others. We are trying to make it grow but it's not one of those 100,000,000 person sites that get all confusing.
I really hope you have a good time here. :D
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 20/06/13, 01:01 pm

Yeah she like my little pony XD
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 20/06/13, 01:03 pm

...That is disturbing if you really think about it, Warrior xD
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 20/06/13, 01:04 pm

Lol I'm was just watching it 2 but that's because I didn't want to watch a nickjr show anything is better than DoraDora
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 20/06/13, 01:06 pm

Thank you. it's a good show.
;D
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 20/06/13, 01:07 pm

And i wasn't impressed XD
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 20/06/13, 01:13 pm

Guys~ Stop spamming please.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 20/06/13, 01:13 pm

XD okok
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Mini~ 20/06/13, 01:53 pm

I'm sorry Adept :I this tends to happen when we get a hold of a thread.
Mini~
Mini~
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Helloooo New Era! Empty Ponies XS

Post by Guest 20/06/13, 02:06 pm

warriorheart wrote:Yeah she like my little pony XD

Yeah, so does my boyfriend... I love him enough to forgive him this transgression though. I've been trying to convert him to Homestuck and he's been trying to make me a 'Pegasister.'

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 20/06/13, 02:10 pm

:D
I'm sorry. I try to hide that stuff from public but when ever I tell my friends *Cough cough* they feel like telling the entire universe.
Oh well.
Anyways I really hope you like it here!
If you need any help all of us are available. Some of us have no lives and are on here most of the time. So chances are someone will be on when you are.
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mini~ 20/06/13, 02:12 pm

Well, I love Homestuck and I'm a Pegasister as well XD You shall fit in here just fine
Mini~
Mini~
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 20/06/13, 02:15 pm

I'm just glad there are no /b/ronies or /p/egasisters on here.
Those guys are the trolls of the brony community.
Anyways enough of pony talk.
This is a greeting topic. xP
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Helloooo New Era! Empty Thanks everyone!

Post by Guest 20/06/13, 02:20 pm

Thanks. I really appreciate the welcome. I wanted to make sure that my grammar was good, as I've heard some horror stories of mediocre RPers being harshly corrected in other RP genres. Though I lurked about before I joined and you guys seem pretty patient when correcting players with bad grammar, which is part of why I joined. You do seem pretty chummy indeed, and I do agree that this Sorrel seems like a sore spot- it's part of why I mentioned my Internet problems to clarify. I may have to tone down play or
quit when fall comes, as I will going to college!(one of the classes I'll be taking is an acting class- and crazy ambitious muffin that I am, I signed up for an honors slot o.0)
Anyways, thank you so much for the welcome! I look forward to RP with you bunch, and I hope it doesn't always have to be on my phone! And Megarin, I totally understand what you mean, siblings can be like that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/06/13, 02:24 pm

What is the default time for this site anyways? France? Where I'm at its like 2 or 3 in the afternoon!

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 20/06/13, 02:28 pm

We are spread all over the place.
None of us mods even live anywhere near each other. My time zone is like 6+ hours off of theirs.
Basically when ever you are on someone will be here. It's 1:30 PM here and it's still pretty early for Mini and Smoke.
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mini~ 20/06/13, 02:34 pm

Don't worry about us getting all pissy about grammar :D we all know how you feel, and our posts won't be incredible when we are low on muse xD  when I made this site, I wanted to be a lot more patient and interactive with the newer Roleplayers; since Sorrel never really did.  I know all about being new to rping, and trust me; you would faint if you saw my very first post in rping o.o 

But you seem to have great grammar and I think you'll do fantastic :D  So one last time before I lock this thread and stop our Smokey-spam-bug from infesting the thread; WELCOME TO THE FAMILY
Mini~
Mini~
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 21/06/13, 09:19 pm

Jerk .-.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum