The New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
News on LifeClan ~ SWP 2016
Button for LifeClan Announcement
Button for Plot
Button for Vote
Staff

Administrator

*Smoke*

Moderators

Roo12

Kitty

Retired Administrator and Owner

Mini~
Maps
_
Clans
Click to enlarge
The New Era

Twoleg
Click to enlarge
The New Era
Affiliates
Warrior Clan CatsThe New EraThe New EraThe New Era
Latest topics
» Old friends getting in touch!
Herbal Healing (Private, me & Hedgepaw. You can post OOC though.) Empty26/06/20, 10:07 pm by *Smoke*

» A Life Worth Living and Loving (Private)
Herbal Healing (Private, me & Hedgepaw. You can post OOC though.) Empty05/06/17, 11:03 am by Kit

» Mediterranean Madness (Private; Roo & Smoke)
Herbal Healing (Private, me & Hedgepaw. You can post OOC though.) Empty06/04/17, 05:28 pm by Roo12

» In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~
Herbal Healing (Private, me & Hedgepaw. You can post OOC though.) Empty29/03/17, 07:32 am by Searisha

» Character Creation Guideline and Forms
Herbal Healing (Private, me & Hedgepaw. You can post OOC though.) Empty09/02/17, 09:45 pm by hollyleaf6610

» ThunderClan Allegiances
Herbal Healing (Private, me & Hedgepaw. You can post OOC though.) Empty09/02/17, 09:29 pm by hollyleaf6610

» Snowfang of Windclan
Herbal Healing (Private, me & Hedgepaw. You can post OOC though.) Empty26/01/17, 03:37 am by Silver

» Hey I'm new (^._.^)_/
Herbal Healing (Private, me & Hedgepaw. You can post OOC though.) Empty22/01/17, 06:25 pm by Roo12

» Hi, I'm new!
Herbal Healing (Private, me & Hedgepaw. You can post OOC though.) Empty01/01/17, 05:59 pm by Searisha

» Starlingpaw of ShadowClan
Herbal Healing (Private, me & Hedgepaw. You can post OOC though.) Empty01/01/17, 09:20 am by Searisha

Herbal Healing (Private, me & Hedgepaw. You can post OOC though.)

2 posters

Go down

Herbal Healing (Private, me & Hedgepaw. You can post OOC though.) Empty Herbal Healing (Private, me & Hedgepaw. You can post OOC though.)

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 07/01/15, 02:22 pm

Riverleaf opened her bright blue eyes drowsily. Despite being an old, wiser cat from all her moons in RiverClan, you could still see a youthful glimmer in her eyes. A spark, which burned as brightly as a forest fire in the night.
Slowly getting up, once she got to her paws she gave a long stretch, her paws pushing the stretch further and gaining a satisfying 'pop!' from her back. 
Sitting back down, Riverleaf looked around at her den.
Small uneven ledges surrounded the sides of the somewhat large den, lined the walls, and the shelves still ran to the outside of the den, making a little place to decorate with feathers or whatever item you choose.
In the far corner was her moss bedding, stacked and spread out nicely to create a very comfortable, dry bed.
Riverleaf looked to the slightly smaller nest in the other corner, and frowned. She had an apprentice once, but she didn't seem to take too much interest in the herbs, and she disappeared shortly after.

Riverleaf did not know, of course, that the moss bedding would soon be filled with another eager apprentice-perhaps this very day.

~

OOC: I came up with an explanation for Moonpaw's inactiveness. If she ever comes back, I'll change that part to "She became a warrior instead" or something because the spot is now filled with Hedgepaw-you-but not officially yet. The Med Meeting still has to take place and StarClan has to accept you--etc. etc.
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Location : it's unknown exactly where the elusive atom thrives. it is suggested somewhere with a large amount of fuego takis, deep inside of the homestuck fandom. send help. and root beer. thank

http://walkingamongrivers.boards.net (Inactive ATM.)

Back to top Go down

Herbal Healing (Private, me & Hedgepaw. You can post OOC though.) Empty Re: Herbal Healing (Private, me & Hedgepaw. You can post OOC though.)

Post by Hedgepaw 09/01/15, 10:29 am

ooc: So for now what do I do, just take interest in herbs?Or request I be trained?

Hedgepaw

Back to top Go down

Herbal Healing (Private, me & Hedgepaw. You can post OOC though.) Empty Re: Herbal Healing (Private, me & Hedgepaw. You can post OOC though.)

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 10/01/15, 05:55 pm

OOC: Yeah, you can come talk to me and ask if you could be my apprentice or whatever you'd like. Then in a few days it will literally be the Half-moon irl so maybe I can ask if I can start a thread at the Moonpool and get the medicine cats together again. I'd have to ask Smoke. (:

~

Riverleaf continued to stare at the nest, and sighed wistfully. 
She looked at the scattered, unorganized herbs resting on the uneven stone "shelves", and decided it was time to finally organize.
The poppy seeds and foxglove seeds were the only ones organized, as she made sure to always keep them away from each other so she would never risk mixing them up.

She put her catmint away near the back of the den, along with chickweed.
On both sides, all of her wound treating herbs and cobwebs were near the front, all of her sickness or disease treating ones were near the middle, and all of her poisons or more dangerous herbs were stored near the back below the shelves.
Herbs or remedies with other uses (traveling herbs, alder bark for toothache, and poppy seeds, as well as many other herbs) were stored in the back, but on the shelves, away from the dangerous poisons.

After all of that organizing, she looked at the den and gave an approving nod.
Along with the wound supplies, she found a big glop of honeycomb, which was stored on a dock leaf to avoid getting the stone sticky.
One of its uses was giving energy, so she walked over to the gooey stuff and ate a small piece.
Purring, she went outside to put some decorations on the stone ledges. She had a nice little collection of shells she had found washed up by the river. They were stored to the side of her den, by the brush.
Riverleaf picked up a few in her jaws, and placed them on the ledges. It took a couple trips to get all she needed, but eventually the den looked much better.

To the fresh-kill pile she went, picking out a juicy bird. Riverleaf took it to her den, and plucked two feathers to place atop the shelves. She looked at the freshened den, and smiled. Today was a new day. This moon was a new one, and it was the time to renew and rejuvenate. She sat down in the shade of her den, near the entryway, and ate the bird one bite at a time.

Yes, today is a new day. She thought again.
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Location : it's unknown exactly where the elusive atom thrives. it is suggested somewhere with a large amount of fuego takis, deep inside of the homestuck fandom. send help. and root beer. thank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgepaw 11/01/15, 02:32 pm

Lillypaw trotted forward attempting with all her might to ignore the knot of anxiety curled in her stomach. She had convinced herself a thousand times that this was her destiny, yet when approaching Riverleaf she couldn't help having doubts. Was she really cut out for this? After all, as a warrior it was easy to hurt, but healing took much more time and practice.Healing involved giving back, healing involved more than a few swipes, and she wasn't sure if she could handle it. But it was too late for doubts, her body had already taken her to Riverleaf, laying cheerfully in the entrance of her den.

"Riverleaf,uh-ma'am my name is Lillypaw, as I'm sure you know and I...well I'd like to become a medicine cat apprentice." She finished fiercely stomping out the nervousness in her voice and replacing it with seriousness.She shifted slightly, sitting down as to better talk to the medicine cat.

Hedgepaw

Back to top Go down

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 11/01/15, 02:48 pm

Riverleaf nearly leaped out of her fur!
She sat up straight, but then relaxed her shoulders and cleared her throat. "Sorry! I just-well, I..." She stammered, surprised and excited. "Pardon my behavior! I'm just surprised, is all." Riverleaf finished nervously. There weren't many times you would see Riverleaf so scrambled. Obviously she had not heard of Lillypaw's interest until now, but she looked happy all the same. "Well, technically I could begin training you before the Half-moon, but it would be unofficial until StarClan accepts you. And remember, there are a lot of dangers as a medicine cat, as much as a warrior is in danger. It's not all curing runny noses and helping toothaches. Sometimes you'll save cats lives. Sometimes cats will die. And you will not be able to have a mate or kits. But it's not all bad either. Like I said before, you could save lives. And it is the most amazing feeling in the world. But you have to know the dangers."

"Are you sure of your choice?" Riverleaf finished, looking her straight in the eye.
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgepaw 11/01/15, 03:21 pm

Lillypaw closed her eyes for a moment, just thinking. She had already known the risks but having a full blown medicine cat warn her, well it put her on edge. Lives, lives would be at stake, and she would have to save them. The thought at once made her more sure, and more somber. Saving her clanmates, healing them, caring for them..it would be the greatest honor, and service. Which was all she could ask for.

She opened her eyes gazing fiercely into Riverleafs eyes, sure of her decision. Her heart pounded madly and she could feel her breath quicken, it felt wonderful."I'm sure.I won't let you down." She promised intensely.

Hedgepaw

Back to top Go down

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 11/01/15, 11:16 pm

She studied the apprentice closely. Her bright green eyes had a fierce gaze, and they met Riverleaf's medium blue ones.
She continued to look at her, and could see that she was a determined, stubborn one for sure. 
That was a good quality indeed, if kept in check. 
Finally, she blinked, and gave an approving nod. "Now, only StarClan is left to accept you." Riverleaf meowed, with a slight smile. 
"I haven't ever heard of StarClan turning down an apprentice, and I know you won't be an exception. So, I'm sure our ancestors won't mind if I show you around before the half-moon." Riverleaf purred amusingly. "If you would like to learn about the herbs or just take a tour of the medicine den, let me know." The old silver tabby finished.
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgepaw 12/01/15, 12:42 am

Lillypaw nodded, slightly shaky with relief. She could feel her fur prickle with stubbornness, she would become a medicine cat apprentice.And she would not let starclan,riverleaf,or anyone down. She smiled excitedly, a rare sight for lillypaw indeed, and stepped forward. "I would love it if you'd be so gracious as to show me around." She confirmed, her voice once again serous. She seemed to speak with small amounts of iciness, despite how excited she actually was.

Hedgepaw

Back to top Go down

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 12/01/15, 02:51 am

"Alright, let's go in." Riverleaf meowed, and swept the bones of her bird to the side, got up, and then went inside the den. "Something carved this cave out a long time ago, as it just sticks out, not attached to a mountain or anything. It's odd. But, it's perfect to store the herbs with the jutting out stone. I just organized this a few minutes before you came to talk to me. The wound treating herbs and cobwebs are near the front, disease or sickness in the middle, and herbs with other uses such as traveling herbs or alder bark are near the back." She finished, pointing with her tail to the herbs below the "shelves" in the back. Now, she wore a grim expression. "These are the most dangerous of all my herbs. Poisons. Deadly nightshade, foxglove... and off to the side over there is yarrow. It's not deadly like the others, but it makes a cat.. well.. vomit. If a kit eats holly berries, for instance, you'd give them yarrow to get rid of the toxins before it's too late. Yarrow can be a life-saving herb indeed." As she finished, she looked to the two piles of moss bedding. "That one off to the right is mine, the one off to the left will be yours. You can replace the moss or add to it, if you want. I don't know why I kept it there..." Riverleaf trailed off, but shook her thoughts away, shaking her head. "Do you see any interesting looking herbs or remedies you want to ask about?"
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgepaw 16/01/15, 11:06 pm

Lillypaw glanced around the den, impressed by the organized neatness. Everything was exactly how it should be, she thought analyzing the room. She took a few steps into the den especially interested with the killing herbs...the power to kill, it was hard to imagine a happy situation with those types of herbs.She nodded to herself thoughtfully, quickly taking in all the details of what riverleaf was describing.She turned to the nest where she was to sleep, for a moment confused. Why was the moss there, did riverleaf expect her? Then the sadness of the she cat's voice made sense, she must of lost an apprentice...She glanced at her soon to be mentor sympathetically.She tilted her head trying to focus on her mentors next question. "Hmm...I know you can use cobweb to stop bleeding, but what keeps the wound from getting infected?"

Hedgepaw

Back to top Go down

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 17/01/15, 12:07 am

Riverleaf considered the question.
"Many herbs! Burdock root is used to stop infection from rat bites, and regular infection herbs are marigold, horsetail, chervil, dried oak leaves, sweet-sedge simply eases infection, and wild garlic helps with infection--especially rat bites. But remember, not all herbs have one use. For instance, chervil can be used for bellyache, too!" Riverleaf meowed, her mood happier at the question.
"Any other questions?" She asked with a smile.
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down