The New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
News on LifeClan ~ SWP 2016
Button for LifeClan Announcement
Button for Plot
Button for Vote
Staff

Administrator

*Smoke*

Moderators

Roo12

Kitty

Retired Administrator and Owner

Mini~
Maps
_
Clans
Click to enlarge
The New Era

Twoleg
Click to enlarge
The New Era
Affiliates
Warrior Clan CatsThe New EraThe New EraThe New Era
Latest topics
» Old friends getting in touch!
The Joys of Parenthood ~private, me and Smoke~ Empty26/06/20, 10:07 pm by *Smoke*

» A Life Worth Living and Loving (Private)
The Joys of Parenthood ~private, me and Smoke~ Empty05/06/17, 11:03 am by Kit

» Mediterranean Madness (Private; Roo & Smoke)
The Joys of Parenthood ~private, me and Smoke~ Empty06/04/17, 05:28 pm by Roo12

» In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~
The Joys of Parenthood ~private, me and Smoke~ Empty29/03/17, 07:32 am by Searisha

» Character Creation Guideline and Forms
The Joys of Parenthood ~private, me and Smoke~ Empty09/02/17, 09:45 pm by hollyleaf6610

» ThunderClan Allegiances
The Joys of Parenthood ~private, me and Smoke~ Empty09/02/17, 09:29 pm by hollyleaf6610

» Snowfang of Windclan
The Joys of Parenthood ~private, me and Smoke~ Empty26/01/17, 03:37 am by Silver

» Hey I'm new (^._.^)_/
The Joys of Parenthood ~private, me and Smoke~ Empty22/01/17, 06:25 pm by Roo12

» Hi, I'm new!
The Joys of Parenthood ~private, me and Smoke~ Empty01/01/17, 05:59 pm by Searisha

» Starlingpaw of ShadowClan
The Joys of Parenthood ~private, me and Smoke~ Empty01/01/17, 09:20 am by Searisha

The Joys of Parenthood ~private, me and Smoke~

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Joys of Parenthood ~private, me and Smoke~ Empty The Joys of Parenthood ~private, me and Smoke~

Post by Roo12 23/11/13, 10:41 am

The Joys of Parenthood ~private, me and Smoke~ Felik_11

Usually, at the point of every day when the lemon-colored sun rose just above the horizon on, causing the birds to sing and the local shops to begin preparation for another day of business as golden rays flooded through streets of Paris, Felik Buhari and his partner-in-crime, Valentina Gia Timeo, would be fast asleep after a heist, a night out or just a stay-up-all-night-and-chat.
But not this morning.
"Vale! Have you got Fray's jumper?" Felik, at this point, was tying Frayer "Buhari's" laces of her shiny new black school shoes, whilst shouting at Vale in the kitchen through clenched teeth as the girl's Math book dangled from his mouth.
Frayer sat there obediently and quietly, staring down at the complicated knots Felik, her pretend father, was making with her shoe laces.
After the two criminals had rescued the poor girl from her cruel real father's abusive possession, they had decided to send the six-year-old to the local school, seeing as she hadn't started yet and had a little catching up to do. They managed to get her in by fabricating all sorts of paperwork and forms a parent would usually have, making her have to take Felik's name, Buhari.
Frayer looked down at Felik with dark brown eyes he finished tying the last lace and was now stuffing exercise books into a rucksack. She was enjoying her new family very much.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

The Joys of Parenthood ~private, me and Smoke~ Empty Re: The Joys of Parenthood ~private, me and Smoke~

Post by *Smoke* 23/11/13, 06:18 pm

The Joys of Parenthood ~private, me and Smoke~ Valent10
"Got it right here Felik!" Valentina shouted from the kitchen, the noise of the early city sounds of everyone trying to get to work slightly drowning her out. She quickly maneuvered through the small apartment, managing not hitting any of the few pieces of furniture they were somehow able to squish into the place she called 'home'.
In her hands was Frayer's, her pretend daughter, dark blue jumper that was a part of her school's uniform. Why the school required uniforms even though it was a public school made no sense to the orphan. Not too long after they had taken in Frayer, she had started calling them mommy and daddy, to their appropriate genders of course. Vale would be a bit insulted if she was called male, as she saw most of them as moronic idiots. Maybe not Felik, but generally quite a bit of them.
To their downstairs neighbor, they had said they'd taken in her sister's kid after she passed in a tragic car wreck. It worked well enough, and explained why she looked a bit like Vale. Dark brown and wavy hair, though now the criminal styled it to be a bit straighter so people would have a less chance of recognizing her, similar face shape, as well as their tan skin.
The 21 year old stubbed her toe on the couch but managed not to trip as pain snuck it's way up her leg's nerves. She grunted out a few kid-friendly curse words so Frayer wouldn't go spreading them with her friends and made the young girl put her hands up. She quickly slipped the jumper onto the brunette child as Felik was tying her shoes.
Today was a bit of a special day- parent teacher day, aka a PTA meeting. It made the criminal slightly nervous, as she had never liked schools nor had she ever liked teachers -not that they gave her any reason NOT to. But she pressed the worries into the back of her mind as she kissed Frayer's small head.
"Ready to go?" Vale asked, both Felik and Frayer. Her school was a few blocks away, and everyday either one of the duo had to drop her off and pick her up, though today they were both going because of the meeting.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Location : CONTACT ME THROUGH MY E-MAIL FOR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE :)

http://newerarp.forumotion.com/u31

Back to top Go down

The Joys of Parenthood ~private, me and Smoke~ Empty Re: The Joys of Parenthood ~private, me and Smoke~

Post by Roo12 24/11/13, 11:57 am

"Yup, but we have to hurry," Felik said, springing up from the floor. "Come on."
He grabbed Fray's backpack and headed for the door, but only got a few stairs down before turning around, pushing past Vale. "Lunchbox!" he answered when she asked what he was doing (Ooc: sorry if this is powerplaying xb).
The group were finally out the door and school bound, after Felik running up and down twice more for pencil case and science book. Felik was on the left and Vale was on the right, with Frayer on the middle holding her new parents' hands.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 27/11/13, 12:06 pm

Ooc: It's okay, just ask me next time :3

"So Frayer, how are Gale and Jennifer?" Vale asked as they began walking on the worn sidewalk. Gale and Jennifer were Frayer's 2 friends, closest ones so far anyway. They haven't come over yet, but Frayer has said she really wants them to.
Of course, Vale is a bit worried about having kids over at their house, so she was thinking about telling Felik about a camping trip where Gale and Jennifer can come along.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 27/11/13, 12:28 pm

"They're okay," Frayer answered, "Jennifer and her family are visiting her granny tonight, but Gale should be there though." She then began to giggle and started telling the story of when she and Gale caught a frog in the school pond and Gale did something she found very amusing.
Felik wasn't really listening. His mind was occupied with how this evening was going to go down, planning what he was going to say to teachers and parents. It wasn't long before the trio arrived outside the school gates that were alive with parents and children hustling and bustling in and out. This could either go really well, or.....
The Hustler shook himself and smiled at the other two, "You ready, guys?"
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 27/11/13, 12:31 pm

Vale took ina  small shaky breath, before giving a firm nod. She'd been at gunpoint, she'd been on the verge of death, she'd been chased all over Paris, and never had an ounce of fear. But right now, she was scared beyond her wildest comparison.
Frayer looked up at her and smiled, squeezing her hand a bit. "It's okay Mommy. Everyone's really nice here," Frayer said in her young voice, making Vale do a bit of nervous chuckling.

Ooc: Hey, you weren't on for a little while. Everything okay?
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 27/11/13, 12:49 pm

Ooc: Yeah, sorry about that. I had a lot going on and I sometime forget to log off. Also I've injured my fingers so my typing is a little slow XP

Felik lead the way into the school grounds and headed to the main building where the meeting would be held. Suddenly, and despite his tour of the school when they first brought Frayer here, his mind went blank. "Umm... you know where we're going, right Fray?"
The little girl looked up at him and smiled, "Yes dad! I'm pretty sure we follow the big crowd of people that are heading for the hall!"
Felik laughed and rubbed Frayer's head. She was a cheeky little tyke at times.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 27/11/13, 12:53 pm

Ooc: Oh, okay. Hope your fingers get better soon :3

Vale laughed as they followed the crowd as Frayer had said. There were a lot more people her than she had expected. It was like every parent of every single kid here had come to this event. Well, it made sense since there wasn't much going on in he suburbs of Paris.
A young woman with blonde hair and blue eyes walked up to the trio with a big smile on her face, obviously excited of whatever was coming their way.
"You must be Mr. and Mrs. Buhari. It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Mrs. Garrach, Frayer's teacher," She said in a friendly tone.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 27/11/13, 01:11 pm

Ooc: Thanks :3

Felik shook the woman's hand, "Hi. I'm Felik and this is my... wife. Valentina."
It sounded so weird calling Vale his 'wife'. The duo had put on a couple of matching rings from the bag they had stolen from the bank the other week, two plain silver bands that weren't identifiable and that didn't stand out.
Last night they had discussed whether or not to change their names, as they were sure her teacher wouldn't know their first names, and it seemed like a safer option. But, in fear of Frayer or one of her friends or other teachers giving them away, they decided to use their real names. What could come out of it, anyway?
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 27/11/13, 01:15 pm

After Felik shook the teacher's hand, Vale did so as well. "Frayer is a wonderful child; very bright indeed. Would you like to come to the classroom and see some of her work?" Mrs. Garrach complemented, making Frayer's cheeks flush a bit.
"That's sounds like a wonderful idea," Vale replied to the question. She was going to be the 'nice and fun mom that knows the boundaries' type of mom, since that's the kind of mom she'd always wanted. Not that she didn't act like that with just Frayer and Felik around, but she was applying it to others as well so the façade of them being a young family would work out.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 27/11/13, 01:41 pm

Felik nodded to Mrs. Garrach as she lead them through a series of corridors until they reached a classroom decorated with the childrens' work and drawings. In the center of the room was a table with three chairs on one side and another chair on the other. Mrs. Garrach sat down on the one chair and Felik, Vale and Frayer took a seat facing her.
The teacher pulled out a portfolio of all Frayer's work and they began trawling through, paintings, stories, diaries; the works.
This is okay, Felik told himself, just please don't get into 'home life' and 'before she came here...
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 27/11/13, 01:47 pm

"So, I know this may be a harsh subject, but how are your living facilities?" Mrs. Garrach asked politely.
"Quite well. Both Felik and I have good enough paying jobs so there isn't much to worry about," Vale answered, making Mrs. Garrach nod. "And what about before you adopted Frayer into your family? I was told that her mother passed in a car wreck and that had been your sister, Mrs. Buhari," Mrs. Garrach continued on. The question made Vale's jaws clench a little bit, but it added to the feeling of missing her 'sister' instead of what Vale was actually thinking about.
"Yes ma'am, in England," Vale answered. It would make sense, sinc ein Paris you drive on the right side of the road and her 'sister' could've gotten mixed up and into a car wreck.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 27/11/13, 01:59 pm

"I see..." Mrs. Garrach nooded thoughtfully. "Well, I think it's an amazing thing you've done."
"Thank you," Felik said, pressing up a false smile. He had to admit, Vale had handled that perfectly. But he was going to beat her. "It's been a little tough, as you can imagine. We've both had to work harder to supply for all of us, but over all having a child has been very fulfilling."
He knew Vale would catch onto his 'Who can lie the best' game. Life was like a big competition with the two of them.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 27/11/13, 02:02 pm

Oh you have no idea what you're getting into Felik... Vale thought to herself with a small and polite smile on her face.
"It really has been, that's no lie. We were even thinking of moving into a bigger apartment for more room for the 3 of us, since we have no plans of leaving Frayer," She said with a big and hopeful smile on her face as Frayer giggled, climbing onto her lap.
"That's a wonderful idea Mrs. Buhari," Mrs. Garrach commented, obviously touched by the idea of the new parents working so hard for their new daughter.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 27/11/13, 02:15 pm

Nice one Vale, but I can do better. You wait and see.
Felik leaned back on his chair as he relaxed, "With my recent raise, we've managed to get Vale a puppy. We've been told a dog really makes a house a home."
Felik looked at Vale and raised an eyebrow, challenging, smiling. Do. You. Worst.
"That's wonderful!" The teacher behind the table squealed, "I remember having a dog when I was Frayer's age. It really does complete a childhood."
Checkmate, Vale. I win...
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 27/11/13, 02:21 pm

Vale felt like yelling at Felik how stupid he was. She really didn't like being beat. At all. But for her, the game wasn't over.
"Frayer honey, you wanna go find Gale?" She asked the young girl, who nodded. She jumped off the criminal's lap and went into the hallway, obviously doing what she had been offered.
Vale gazed longingly after her, small tears in her eyes. "Mrs. Buhari, are you alright?" Mrs. Garrach asked, obviously concerned about the young woman.
"I-I'm fine. She just reminds me so much of my sister," She said, her voice showing pain and loneliness. Tears fell but she immediately wiped them away as the teacher got up form her chair and came over to Vale to comfort her by putting her hand on her back and saying that her sister was in a better place now.
Ha! Take that, Felik, Valentina thought to herself. She had won this game by far.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 27/11/13, 02:36 pm

Felik took Vale's hand in his comfortingly. Well, it seemed so to the teacher. He was actually squeezing hard to show Vale his humored frustration at her winning. He couldn't believe she had taken it so far. She was good.
"It's okay, Vale. We'll manage. Remember what she left in the will?"
Sitting back down, Mrs. Garrach shot Felik a puzzling look. "Will?"
"Yes," the Hustler answered, "You see, in thanks for us taking on the responsibility of her child if she were to pass away, Clementine, Vale's sister, left us her house in... Hawaii. Isn't that right dear. She was very well off, you see. She had a high position in... NASA..."
Felik burst into laughter inside as the teacher chewed on every lie he told her, nodding with interest. She's buying it! I can't believe she's buying it!
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 27/11/13, 02:41 pm

Ooc: Oh dear God Roo. Seriously? XD

Vale smiled, trying to keep in her laughter which she thankfully managed to do. She didn't like Hawaii, but it was a good lie on Felik's part.
"We were thinking of selling it actually," Vale's voice wandered off, her tears diminishing. "It'll provide quite a bit of money for us."
"I think that's a wonderful idea!" The teacher said very excitedly. She seemed to be happy that their life was going up with Frayer in it than down, as many families end up.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 27/11/13, 02:48 pm

Ooc: I got a little carried away XD

Felik had to admit defeat. He had risked everything with the Hawaii house and the job at NASA. Vale had won this time. But he would get her on the next PTA meeting.
The three adults stood and the criminals shook hands with the teacher. "I'm glad to hear everything is going so well," Mrs. Garrach smiled, before letting the two out the door.
After checking they were alone in the corridor, Felik finally burst into laughter, "I can't believe she believed every word!" he said in a suppressed yell of hilarity. "And you and your crying! GENIUS!"
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 27/11/13, 02:51 pm

Vale looked incredibly smug. "Why thank you, kind sir. But I have no idea about how your tiny little brain could even know what NASA is," Vale teased, laughing as well. They acted like they could fit in with the kids that went to school here.

Ooc: Oh, I didn't notice *SARCASM ALERT*.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 27/11/13, 02:56 pm

"Easy now!" Felik managed to spit out through his laughing fits. "I must say, I thought I would have blown it at that point. But your crying... Vale, hands up, you win that one. But I'll get you next time."

Ooc: Oh, HILARIOUS Smoke *SARCASM ALERT*
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 27/11/13, 03:10 pm

Ooc: Why thank you. I find myself much more entertaining than FELIK. *NO SARCASM FOUND HERE! XD*

Vale laughed at the compliment. Sure he was going to beat Vale next time. In his dreams, that is. Never would that boy be able to beat her in anything, except maybe being more manly. But she might win that against him too.
Her green eyes snapped up as she found their bouncing daughter weaving her way through the crowd of parents in the large cafeteria, where Felik and Vale had unknowingly walked into, holding a boys hand, dragging him with her. The duo had never met Gale or Jennifer, but this boy fit the description for Gale.
The Joys of Parenthood ~private, me and Smoke~ 52565520620199042FNIPU4Fnc
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 27/11/13, 03:17 pm

Ooc: I can't win, can I?! XD

Felik looked down at his pretend daughter. "Who's this? Gale, is it?" He inquired, looking between the children.
"Yes!" Frayer said excitedly, looking up at her pretend parents, "Can he come home with us? Please! Just for a little while?"
Felik rubbed his head, "I don't know... Ask your mother."
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 27/11/13, 03:28 pm

Ooc: No. No you cannot. XD

Jeez. Did he seriously just pull the 'ask your mother' card? Vale thought exasperatedly. She looked down at the young boy, obviously uncomfortable being put out in front of his friend's parents.
"Only if his parents say yes Frayer," Vale said to her daughter. She thought Frayer more as her daughter than her 'pretend' daughter. She actually liked being a mom.
Of course, earlier this morning, she'd cleaned the house. Instead of cardboard boxes and fake tables, the Buhari's had recently been furniture shopping. Not it was a cute apartment with a small kitchen, living room, bathroom, a dining room, and, for once, a real front door instead of an empty space. As well as Vale's room being renovated to be a studio with a bunk bed for Felik and Vale, and a regular pink bed for Frayer on the studio part of course. It was actually very cozy now, and much more clean.
The Joys of Parenthood ~private, me and Smoke~ Small-Studio-Apartment-Decoration-with-Wood-Room-Under-Stairs-Ideas
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 27/11/13, 03:37 pm

Ooc: Thought so XD

Felik watched as the two children ran off to find the boy's parents. Felik had unwillingly helped with the tidying and shopping and all that jazz. He had liked the flat the way it was, but he too had to admit that Frayer would soon want to have friends round, and the place would then have to be sorted out. Besides, it now looked a little more like a human dwelling instead of a rat pit. And that was putting it lightly.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next