The New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
News on LifeClan ~ SWP 2016
Button for LifeClan Announcement
Button for Plot
Button for Vote
Staff

Administrator

*Smoke*

Moderators

Roo12

Kitty

Retired Administrator and Owner

Mini~
Maps
_
Clans
Click to enlarge
The New Era

Twoleg
Click to enlarge
The New Era
Affiliates
Warrior Clan CatsThe New EraThe New EraThe New Era
Latest topics
» Old friends getting in touch!
nyumbani tamu nyumbani (home sweet home) ~private, me and Smoke~ Empty26/06/20, 10:07 pm by *Smoke*

» A Life Worth Living and Loving (Private)
nyumbani tamu nyumbani (home sweet home) ~private, me and Smoke~ Empty05/06/17, 11:03 am by Kit

» Mediterranean Madness (Private; Roo & Smoke)
nyumbani tamu nyumbani (home sweet home) ~private, me and Smoke~ Empty06/04/17, 05:28 pm by Roo12

» In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~
nyumbani tamu nyumbani (home sweet home) ~private, me and Smoke~ Empty29/03/17, 07:32 am by Searisha

» Character Creation Guideline and Forms
nyumbani tamu nyumbani (home sweet home) ~private, me and Smoke~ Empty09/02/17, 09:45 pm by hollyleaf6610

» ThunderClan Allegiances
nyumbani tamu nyumbani (home sweet home) ~private, me and Smoke~ Empty09/02/17, 09:29 pm by hollyleaf6610

» Snowfang of Windclan
nyumbani tamu nyumbani (home sweet home) ~private, me and Smoke~ Empty26/01/17, 03:37 am by Silver

» Hey I'm new (^._.^)_/
nyumbani tamu nyumbani (home sweet home) ~private, me and Smoke~ Empty22/01/17, 06:25 pm by Roo12

» Hi, I'm new!
nyumbani tamu nyumbani (home sweet home) ~private, me and Smoke~ Empty01/01/17, 05:59 pm by Searisha

» Starlingpaw of ShadowClan
nyumbani tamu nyumbani (home sweet home) ~private, me and Smoke~ Empty01/01/17, 09:20 am by Searisha

nyumbani tamu nyumbani (home sweet home) ~private, me and Smoke~

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

nyumbani tamu nyumbani (home sweet home) ~private, me and Smoke~ Empty nyumbani tamu nyumbani (home sweet home) ~private, me and Smoke~

Post by Roo12 22/01/14, 04:51 pm

nyumbani tamu nyumbani (home sweet home) ~private, me and Smoke~ Felikb12

The Hustler stood outside the little stone-brick farmhouse with his 'wife'. The building, if imaginable, was even smaller than the apartment they had back in Paris. It was painted white and mud(apparently), as the exterior was covered in dust. There were two windows either side that ware no bigger the a sheet of newspaper and were closed by two shabby wooden shutters, and a shabby wooden door to match. The roof was corrugated iron that reached no higher than an average caravan. Next to it stood a chicken house with no fencing around it, resulting in chickens everywhere, and a little way away stood the little wooden barn that was actually sightly bigger than the house, and know doubt held all the animals and food storage. And all around them, as far as the eye could see, was field upon field of harvest, ready for chopping. In the far, far distance, one could just about make out a blurred white line that was the village of Kisumu.
After taking it, Felik turned to Vale. "Well," he coaxed, "what do you think?"
The Hustler winced and braced for and onslaught of disapproval. No, Vale wasn't like that, but he wouldn't be surprised of she did look a little disappointed of where they would be staying for the next however long it took.

nyumbani tamu nyumbani (home sweet home) ~private, me and Smoke~ Farmho10  nyumbani tamu nyumbani (home sweet home) ~private, me and Smoke~ Flat,550x550,075,f.u3  nyumbani tamu nyumbani (home sweet home) ~private, me and Smoke~ African-agriculture1-300x200
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

nyumbani tamu nyumbani (home sweet home) ~private, me and Smoke~ Empty Re: nyumbani tamu nyumbani (home sweet home) ~private, me and Smoke~

Post by *Smoke* 23/01/14, 04:30 pm

nyumbani tamu nyumbani (home sweet home) ~private, me and Smoke~ Valent12

Valentina smiled at her fellow hustler. She knew he was thinking she would be disapproving. Sure, it was small, especially compared to her room at the orphanage. But that had held 17 young girls, so it didn't leave much space for herself.
In all honesty, she liked it. It was small and quant, to the point, but still managed to not be an eye-sore. There was a bit of mud on it, but what house didn't have a bit of grime?
"I love it," Vale spoke truthfully. It looked like a good place to raise someone like Felik, and since he was her closest friend, this was now her home too.

Ooc: Holy shiz-nugget, I'm freaking out right now Roo!!! I just got a call from a jail in a nearby county and it was one of those robot voices saying that an inmate named Wayde would like me to accept the call and talk to him. And when it said his name, it was a recording of the inmate saying his own name D'X
Is it safe to say I'm scared someone in jail knows my number?
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Location : CONTACT ME THROUGH MY E-MAIL FOR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE :)

http://newerarp.forumotion.com/u31

Back to top Go down

nyumbani tamu nyumbani (home sweet home) ~private, me and Smoke~ Empty Re: nyumbani tamu nyumbani (home sweet home) ~private, me and Smoke~

Post by Roo12 26/01/14, 03:12 pm

Ooc: OH MY GOD, YOU HUNG UP, RIGHT?!?!

Felik let out a sigh of relief. Thank goodness for that!
The Hustler then proceeded to enter the little house were he was greeted by a tidal wave of smiles and greetings that were followed by his younger sibling flinging themselves at him. Felik bent down to hung Tendai, Marjani and Jengo, the youngest, as they dashed up to hung their brother.
"Felik, Felik, where have you been?"
"We missed you loads!"
"Did you bring us presents?"
Felik laughed at his family, "Let me sit down first, guys! Also, I'd like you all to meet my wife. Valentina."
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 26/01/14, 06:49 pm

Ooc: OBVIOUSLY! HE'S BEEN CALLING ME ONCE A DAY EVER SINCE!

Vale gave a small, awkward wave. She never knew Felik had brothers; he was a bit lucky in her opinion. She'd never had the gift of a sibling, but she was told they were often quite annoying.
"Hello," She said, loud enough for them all to hear at least.
"Woah, I didn't know you could ever like someone more than yourself," Teased Marjani, earning a laugh from Vale and Sanaa.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 27/01/14, 01:06 pm

Ooc: UMMM... Maybe tell someone like your parents??? Or if you're feeling extra brave, pick it up and tell the guy he's got the wrong number?? BRAVE being the operative word there!

"Hey!" laughed Felik, "I'll keep your present if you carry on like that!"
Marjani giggled and tackled her brother as Imani entered the room from the little kitchen tucked away in a corner.
"You better give them those presents if you want a minute's peace, big brother." She then turned to Vale and approached her with a smile, "Hi, I'm Imani," she said with her usual hospitality, except this time she spoke french, not Swahili like the others.
Imani proceeded, still friendly as ever, "I am learning french in my school. How is it?"
"And you call me a show off!" Felik cried, only to be whacked in the head by a laughing Imani with the wet dish towel she had in her hand.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 27/01/14, 04:07 pm

Ooc: I've told my parents. Even someone as stupid as Miley Cyrus would tell someone xD I'm seriously scared to answer it, but I might.

"Felik, hush!" Vale scolded with a light smile on her face. She'd met many girls like Imani in her day, and knew exactly how to reply.
"It sounds wonderful; you're bound to get a great grade. Is my Swahili close to being acceptable?" She said in the language her 'husband' originally spoke, trying to keep her Italian accent in it at bay but little drops of it came in with French as well.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 28/01/14, 11:18 am

"It's very good," Imani told her," I can understand you perfectly. Surely it wasn't my brother who taught you so well?"
Felik and his Imani exchanged teasing glances at each other again, before the sister returned to the kitchen where she was washing the dishes in a tin basin.
At that moment, Tendai, the youngest of them at the age of 5, approached Vale bashfully, swaying from side to side and smiling a little. "Would you like some water, miss?" he asked quietly.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 28/01/14, 12:29 pm

Vale smiled as Imani left back to the kitchen, trying not to laugh. When she saw the youngest, she remembered his name as Felik had tried teaching her the names of all his siblings as they were packing in their small apartment. It may look nicer now, but it was run down. They'd just cleaned the kitchen up a bit, got a door, and made a tidy place for Frayer to sleep.
"Just a small glass of water would be great Tendai. Thank you," Vale said as she smiled down at the five year old who blushed before going to the kitchen.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 31/01/14, 01:57 pm

Felik stood up beside Vale again. "We'll go grab our stuff from outside and then try figure out where to sleep," he announced to the family, before little Tendai cut in again, "Mommy, there's no water left!"
"Then you're better go to the well!" Sanaa answered.
Tendai hurried from the kitchen and headed for the door, pushing passed his brothers and sisters.
Felik followed his brother out to where the cabby had dropped off their bags. Tendai ran away down the dusty red path that snaked its way down the slight slope on which the Buhari household was built on and ended up at the tiny stone well. He pushed the bucket off the wall and lowered it down until he heard a splash. Then he roped it back up, unhooked the handle from the rope and began to struggle back up the hill with it, before Felik met him half-way up, took the bucket and carried it for him.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 31/01/14, 03:31 pm

Vale followed out after Felik shyly. Of course, that's what anyone in her 'shoes' would do, right? Meeting the family of the husband she eloped with? Obviously she was going to be a bit shy.
The girl smiled at the actions that Felik did for his little brother before grabbing Sanaa, his and her own suitcase. Wasn't too hard to carry especially when she put Sanaa's small one on top of Felik's larger one. Hers was just a backpack, so she wasn't carrying too much.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 01/02/14, 01:53 pm

Felik entered the house once more with his bags after Tendai, who carried the bucket over to the little kitchen. The Hustler walked over to his mother, who was sitting on the edge of the one raised bed in the house, the one that used to be her's and her husband's before he had to go into hospital. "Where are we sleeping, mum?"
"The children made up two hammocks in the corner where the wardrobe used to be," Sanaa answered.
As Felik peered round where he remembered the huge wardrobe that held everyone's clothes used to be, he saw two hammocks small, green fabric hammocks made from simple blankets hung, one suspended above the other. An old piece of wooden fencing rested against the wall beside these hammocks, acting as a ladder to the higher one.
"That's fantastic, guys!" Felik praised, astounded at the creativity of their concoction. "But... where's the wardrobe?"
"Out in the barn," piped up Jengo, the twelve year old brother. "Me, mum and Imani moved it all by ourselves!"
Felik laughed before placing his bags down below the beds and signalling to Vale to do the same.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 01/02/14, 06:32 pm

Vale nodded at Felik, knowing she was supposed to do that. She walked in after him and placed her backpack right next to his things, and put Sanaa's suitcase next to her own bed in the room.
She knew she needed to talk to Lucas soon, and if she didn't she knew he'd throw a tantrum and fly himself out here just to 'chat' with her.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 02/02/14, 05:34 am

"I'll take bottom bunk," Felik said, "Otherwise the hammock might break and I'll end up flattening you."
"It's cos he's eaten too many croissants in France!" joked Jengo and everyone laughed. Felik then approached Sanaa and asked, "when are we going to see dad?"
"Soon," Sanaa answered, "We'll go when everyone else is settled. How about giving them your presents, now, and then we'll go."
The Hustler nodded and drew a plastic bag out of his travel sack and cried, "Who wants presents?"
An uproar answered him as he began to hand out little gifts from Paris, like snow globes with the Eiffel Tower inside, or a key ring or bracelet. He gave Marjani a little red wooden horse with beautiful swirling patterns covering the whole of its body.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 04/02/14, 07:41 pm

As Felik was passing out all the toys they'd gone through the middle of the city the two had actually walked around and used their money, Vale had a smile on her face. She was looking forward to meeting Felik's father, though it would be a depressing sight seeing another human bedridden like he was.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 05/02/14, 01:01 pm

After all his brothers and sisters were happy exploring their new gifts, Felik headed outside where Sanaa soon joined him. "Shall we head off?" he asked his mother, not looking her in the eye but instead over the fields to the far off wilderness of Africa.
Sanaa nodded, "Vale! We're heading to the hospital now. You still want to come, sweatheart?" she called into the house.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 09/02/14, 09:24 am

Vale's head snapped towards Felik and Sanaa when she'd heard her name being called. She gave a few small nods before backing it up verbally. "Of course Sanaa, I've been looking forward to meeting Felik's father," She said, a small smile on her face as she tried to bring up the mood a bit.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 09/02/14, 01:47 pm

Felik nodded again, still as miserable as ever, and climbed into the driver's seat of the rented car. Sanaa stepped into the back as Felik started the engine and prepared to set off towards the hospital.
"Dad's name is Masamba, by the way," Felik told Vale, still not looking anyone in the eye. "I thought you should know."
A blind person could tell that the Hustler was on the verge of crying. Felik felt the lump in his throat begin to chock him as he stepped on the accelerator, blinking quickly to keep the tears from dripping down his cheeks.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 09/02/14, 02:40 pm

Vale had followed them to the car, Sanaa letting her ride in the
front right seat. She placed a hand on Felik's shoulder as he drove, giving him an understanding look.
"He'll make- I know he will," She said, sounding like she would put a million dollars to bet on that one sentence being true. She knew Masamba would live. She was going to make a deal with Death.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 09/02/14, 03:01 pm

Felik took comfort from Vale's words, though he still remained anxious. She couldn't promise that his father would live, though she made it sound as if she could. 
The car journey was silent until at last the hospital came into sight. It was in the middle of a street of buildings completely dominated by the huge white building, with the exception of an equally large glass building opposite the hospital, which acted as the university for medical students. 
Felik was relieved that his father had gone to this hospital; it was renowned for its high quality in doctors and equipment. The Hustler pulled the car up outside the building and got out, opening the door for his mother as she joined him.

Ooc: Hey, did we ever establish what his father had? I have a feeling we did, but I can't remember what it was, I was wondering if you remembered?
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 10/02/14, 07:12 pm

Ooc: Sorry Roo, I have some bad muse. Like, seriously bad. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, and I just found out I was kicked off the volleyball team. I hope you don't mind me replying to this when I have the energy :]
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 11/02/14, 05:43 pm

Ooc: No it's fine, take all the time you need. I was actually recently kicked off my football team and I was REALLY annoyed!XP
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 11/02/14, 08:17 pm

Ooc: I forgot you guys called Soccer Football ._.
No, we haven't talked about anything that he had. Maybe Ebola?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus

Vale silently got out of the car, looking p at the hospital. It was a normal looking hospital, slightly modern but still had an African feel. It seemed like an ordinary hospital, care wise, but for here it must be amazing.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 12/02/14, 12:29 pm

Ooc: Oh yeah, then you have American football, or at least that's what we call it here, with an oval ball that you through and stuff. I forgot about that too.
Yeah, Ebola could work. They need a reason to travel across different parts of Africa. They could be looking for money to pay for a cue or surgery?

Felik entered the big white building, Sanaa leading the way this time. She went to the front desk and told the woman behind who she was visiting. This brought awful memories of the airport came flooding back.
After that, Sanaa headed up a huge amount of stairs until they reached an enormous high room with beds at either side. They continued down the middle of the room until Sanaa stopped by a bed with a figure lying, propped up against the pillow with his eyes shut.
Felik's mother bent over Masamba and shook his shoulder gently, waking him up. "Wake up, Masi. Your son's here with his- with someone you'd like to meet."
Felik's dad slowly opened his eyes with a groan before he recognized his second oldest son's face. "Felik, my boy! You've come to visit your old dad at last!"
Masamba pushed himself further up the pillow with great effort as he began to cough. "So..." the old man began, but then stopped as he noticed the young woman standing beside Felik. "Who is this, Felik?"
The Hustler sat on the edge of the bed, "Dad, this is Valentina, my wife." 
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 12/02/14, 08:46 pm

Ooc: I was thinking Lucas send them on a series of tasks, a bit like the 10 tasks(?) of Heracles. Or as most people call him now -unfortunately- Hercules. I much prefer his Greek name.
We call it Football (I think, this is just my theory) because the ball we play with is a foot long, or that in the beginning, we have a kickoff where a player kicks the ball to other end of the field.
By the way... Ebola is contagious. Like, seriously contagious. It's on level 4 of the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) and there are ONLY 4 levels there; 4 is the worst. There are only 12 diseases held on level 4, and Ebola is one of them. Maybe we could possibly edit the hospital situation for Masamba or just change it to a different disease?
http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/
Is that available in your country, since it is typically made for the U.S? I hope it is; it would make sense.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 14/02/14, 02:15 pm

Ooc: Yeah, it would be a good idea to tie Lucas into the plot again. But Ebola might be a little too contagious. Masamba would probably have to be kept in a cell to keep him away from everyone. I was thinking more on the lines of pneumonia, though that's pretty contagious too. 
Maybe he could have something wrong with his bones, and he needs a transplant so Vale and Felik have to travel to different places in Africa to get the money, and all along the way Lucas is helping them...
Or. Something?
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next