The New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
News on LifeClan ~ SWP 2016
Button for LifeClan Announcement
Button for Plot
Button for Vote
Staff

Administrator

*Smoke*

Moderators

Roo12

Kitty

Retired Administrator and Owner

Mini~
Maps
_
Clans
Click to enlarge
The New Era

Twoleg
Click to enlarge
The New Era
Affiliates
Warrior Clan CatsThe New EraThe New EraThe New Era
Latest topics
» Old friends getting in touch!
Are servals allowed to be roleplayed, or are they considered 'big cats'? Empty26/06/20, 10:07 pm by *Smoke*

» A Life Worth Living and Loving (Private)
Are servals allowed to be roleplayed, or are they considered 'big cats'? Empty05/06/17, 11:03 am by Kit

» Mediterranean Madness (Private; Roo & Smoke)
Are servals allowed to be roleplayed, or are they considered 'big cats'? Empty06/04/17, 05:28 pm by Roo12

» In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~
Are servals allowed to be roleplayed, or are they considered 'big cats'? Empty29/03/17, 07:32 am by Searisha

» Character Creation Guideline and Forms
Are servals allowed to be roleplayed, or are they considered 'big cats'? Empty09/02/17, 09:45 pm by hollyleaf6610

» ThunderClan Allegiances
Are servals allowed to be roleplayed, or are they considered 'big cats'? Empty09/02/17, 09:29 pm by hollyleaf6610

» Snowfang of Windclan
Are servals allowed to be roleplayed, or are they considered 'big cats'? Empty26/01/17, 03:37 am by Silver

» Hey I'm new (^._.^)_/
Are servals allowed to be roleplayed, or are they considered 'big cats'? Empty22/01/17, 06:25 pm by Roo12

» Hi, I'm new!
Are servals allowed to be roleplayed, or are they considered 'big cats'? Empty01/01/17, 05:59 pm by Searisha

» Starlingpaw of ShadowClan
Are servals allowed to be roleplayed, or are they considered 'big cats'? Empty01/01/17, 09:20 am by Searisha

Are servals allowed to be roleplayed, or are they considered 'big cats'?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are servals allowed to be roleplayed, or are they considered 'big cats'? Empty Are servals allowed to be roleplayed, or are they considered 'big cats'?

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 13/05/14, 11:01 am

Servals can be kept as house pets (although rare) and live in the wild. Since it is possible for them to be kept by people, it isn't impossible for them to somehow make it to the clans by escaping or finding themselves lost after exploring too far from their twoleg nest. However, this may strike up a realism issue. What do you think?
I was thinking of making a serval character, but if not I could just make him different. I want a large, leopard-like tom who used to be a kittypet. A serval seems fun to play but they might have too much of an advantage in battles....
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Location : it's unknown exactly where the elusive atom thrives. it is suggested somewhere with a large amount of fuego takis, deep inside of the homestuck fandom. send help. and root beer. thank

http://walkingamongrivers.boards.net (Inactive ATM.)

Back to top Go down

Are servals allowed to be roleplayed, or are they considered 'big cats'? Empty Re: Are servals allowed to be roleplayed, or are they considered 'big cats'?

Post by *Smoke* 13/05/14, 12:45 pm

Can you show me a picture of one just to be sure?
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Location : CONTACT ME THROUGH MY E-MAIL FOR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE :)

http://newerarp.forumotion.com/u31

Back to top Go down

Are servals allowed to be roleplayed, or are they considered 'big cats'? Empty Re: Are servals allowed to be roleplayed, or are they considered 'big cats'?

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 13/05/14, 12:48 pm

Are servals allowed to be roleplayed, or are they considered 'big cats'? Serval

Are servals allowed to be roleplayed, or are they considered 'big cats'? AfricanServal5WCtEx_U25

There is also a video that shows one serval's body size pretty nicely, with the comparison of a 2 1/2 year old serval, and then a 5 month old savannah.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXO3RycmDlk
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Location : it's unknown exactly where the elusive atom thrives. it is suggested somewhere with a large amount of fuego takis, deep inside of the homestuck fandom. send help. and root beer. thank

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 13/05/14, 02:47 pm

Yeah, I suppose that could happen. My cat Arren in SynapseClan was a similar breed . What clan were you planning on your cat joining? I could help you with a plot for him/her ;D
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 13/05/14, 02:57 pm

I know I don't want him in WC, but idk about SC, TC, or RC.
WindClan and ShadowClan seem to make more sense for the serval to live in, but I think if he got used to it, good old kitty would be able to get used to different environments. Not sure. :3

"The serval is native to Africa, where it is widely distributed south of the Sahara. It was once also found in Morocco, Tunisia, and Algeria, but may have been extirpated from Algeria and remains in Tunisia only because of a reintroduction program. Serval became extinct in the Cape provinces of South Africa over the last century mainly due to habitat loss, hunting and poaching. However private game reserves in the Eastern Cape have begun re-introducing the species in the hopes of contributing to the eventual re-establishment of these wild cats in the region.
Its main habitat is the savanna, although melanistic individuals are more usually found in mountainous areas at elevations up to 3,000 metres (9,800 ft). The serval needs watercourses within its territory, so it does not live in semi-deserts or dry steppes. Servals also avoid dense equatorial jungles, although they may be found along forest fringes. They are able to climb and swim, but seldom do so." -Wikipedia

Question; 

Can I make only two serval cats? (So it is not unrealistic--it should not be common for 7 of them to be prowling around the clans! xD) They can be bullied as much as anyone wants to, because not only are they strange, large cats with large ears and long legs, they look like leopards and cheetahs, AND these two characters were also kittypets.
Like, wow, that's a lot of different reasons to think of them as strange. Especially since their habits are strange.
They hunt mostly at night since they are nocturnal so they would go on lots of dusk patrols, and they sometimes eat small prey whole. They are known to eat pretty quickly, which can cause them to gag. Must be awkward. ("Omfg I'm so hungry!" *GULP* *MUNCH* "Oh god!-" *Gag* *Gag* "Ugh.." *Swallows, every clan member staring awkwardly* "Uh, that never happened. I just enjoyed a fine meal. Anyways, HAY LEADER, SIGN ME UP FOR DUSK PATROLS, NAO. Mmkay.")
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 13/05/14, 03:32 pm

xDDDD Awesome, LAC, just awesome.
They would be welcomed in ShadowClan, and Shockstar  would see to it that they do ;3
She knows very well that it is good to have large and strong warriors. She can give them their warrior names if you want her to. Oh, and since the pine forest is pretty dark, if they have to go on the morning patrol, they wouldn't be so cranky x3
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 14/05/14, 06:46 am

OOC: Ooh, true. Plus, I only have Distortedface (XD) in SC so I need more charries in there. I will make the characters, and then a thread in ShadowClan territory.

Basically their story will be they're brother and sister, as well as best friends. Their twoleg keeps them well-fed and very happy, but they long to be in the wild as they are supposed to be wild cats.
So, male serval (Zeus, pronounced Zee-is which is inspired by the serval in that video who is called Zeus but pronounced Zoos. :3) tells his sister that he wants to explore, and that he knows that she wants to as well. She nods, saying he knows all of her secrets. He says it's not much of a secret. She says to get on with it. He says that the forest isn't too far away, and that he wants to run away for a little while, if not for good. She, very surprised, disagrees and says it could be too dangerous. He eventually convinces her, and she reluctantly agrees to go. So, they set off, and eventually make it to the border of the forest. Holding in their fear, they step over the ShadowClan border unknowingly, and eventually go too far in. Lost, he tries to find the way out again but him and his sister just end up going deeper into the territory. A few cats are out for a patrol or whatever they're outside the camp for and they meet them. And from there, the thread will be made. :3
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 14/05/14, 07:39 am

That sounds good to me. c:
I've always wanted to bring in a Sand Cat. Do you know how cute their kittens are?
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 14/05/14, 08:02 am

Yeah!
I love sand cats!
I totally forgot about them. 
SMOKE
They're less weird than servals.
Can we play 'em? :D
If so, three new charries will be on my list. :3
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 14/05/14, 10:39 am

Hmm, it's a bit unrealistic. Three new characters?
Meh, go ahead. But it needs to be as likely as you can make it, please :3
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 14/05/14, 04:42 pm

No, sand cat is mine. You go play servals. Well bring in sand cats later. Maybe.
It's a little bunch to start suddenly bringing in all these big cats.

Also maybe you should consider letting someone else RP one of the servals so that it will be more fair?
Just a thought. :)
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 14/05/14, 04:53 pm

True.
I'll put up one for adoption when I make them. :3
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormheart 14/05/14, 07:02 pm

Can I please RP one of them LAC? I love cats like this; servals, sand cats,fishing cats and Kodkod!
Stormheart
Stormheart

Back to top Go down

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 15/05/14, 03:15 am

Yeah! I'll let you know when I put one up for adoption. :3
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormheart 15/05/14, 04:08 pm

Okay thank you very much LAC! I owe you one! :3
Stormheart
Stormheart

Back to top Go down

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 15/05/14, 06:02 pm

It's fine, really. Which one do you want?
I was gonna have the she-cat, but I also like the tom.
Hmm...
You can pick the one you want and I'll get the other. :3
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormheart 15/05/14, 06:49 pm

The tom, please? If that's okay with you, I'm okay with either but I prefer the tom a bit. :3
Stormheart
Stormheart

Back to top Go down

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 15/05/14, 06:51 pm

Mmkay. I kinda wanted the she-cat a little more. :D
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormheart 15/05/14, 06:51 pm

Great! That's settled, then!
Stormheart
Stormheart

Back to top Go down

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 15/05/14, 06:52 pm

Yup. :D

You can make his form if you want, I'll make his sister in a bit.
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormheart 15/05/14, 06:52 pm

Okay!
Stormheart
Stormheart

Back to top Go down

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 15/05/14, 06:53 pm

^_^
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormheart 15/05/14, 06:54 pm

Do you want me to use a specific pic? :3
Stormheart
Stormheart

Back to top Go down

Post by -»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«- 15/05/14, 06:55 pm

Nah, it's fine.
If you search up 'Serval' in Google Search, it usually gives you some good pictures.
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-
-»༺cяyρтCяyѕтαlѕ༻«-

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormheart 15/05/14, 06:56 pm

Okay. ^_^
Stormheart
Stormheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next