The New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
News on LifeClan ~ SWP 2016
Button for LifeClan Announcement
Button for Plot
Button for Vote
Staff

Administrator

*Smoke*

Moderators

Roo12

Kitty

Retired Administrator and Owner

Mini~
Maps
_
Clans
Click to enlarge
The New Era

Twoleg
Click to enlarge
The New Era
Affiliates
Warrior Clan CatsThe New EraThe New EraThe New Era
Latest topics
» Old friends getting in touch!
The Static Hour {Private} - Page 3 Empty26/06/20, 10:07 pm by *Smoke*

» A Life Worth Living and Loving (Private)
The Static Hour {Private} - Page 3 Empty05/06/17, 11:03 am by Kit

» Mediterranean Madness (Private; Roo & Smoke)
The Static Hour {Private} - Page 3 Empty06/04/17, 05:28 pm by Roo12

» In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~
The Static Hour {Private} - Page 3 Empty29/03/17, 07:32 am by Searisha

» Character Creation Guideline and Forms
The Static Hour {Private} - Page 3 Empty09/02/17, 09:45 pm by hollyleaf6610

» ThunderClan Allegiances
The Static Hour {Private} - Page 3 Empty09/02/17, 09:29 pm by hollyleaf6610

» Snowfang of Windclan
The Static Hour {Private} - Page 3 Empty26/01/17, 03:37 am by Silver

» Hey I'm new (^._.^)_/
The Static Hour {Private} - Page 3 Empty22/01/17, 06:25 pm by Roo12

» Hi, I'm new!
The Static Hour {Private} - Page 3 Empty01/01/17, 05:59 pm by Searisha

» Starlingpaw of ShadowClan
The Static Hour {Private} - Page 3 Empty01/01/17, 09:20 am by Searisha

The Static Hour {Private}

2 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Static Hour {Private} - Page 3 Empty Re: The Static Hour {Private}

Post by Roo12 27/01/14, 12:48 pm

Ooc: Don't worry, it happens :3

The phone didn't ring. The silence was awful, lingering and emphasizing the deep emptiness of the apartment. Strangely, however, it did seem to Owlen that her friend was closer than she thought, as if Charlie was in this room with her. But this only deepened the girl's sadness as she sat by the phone.
Just then, a knock came at the door. Owl leaped up and crashed towards the noise, knocking things over as she went.
When the girl reached the door, she found the handle and flung it open. "Charlie?!" she cried hopefully.
"Owl, it's me."
Owlen felt very odd as she recognized Toby's voice. She had a sensation disappointment that felt as if a torrent of boulders had crashed onto her chest, but at the same time she couldn't help but hug the boy.

Toby held his friend when she leaped into his arms and began to cry. He led her back indoors, sat her down at the table in the little kitchen and got her a cup of tea before returning and sitting by her as she continued to cry.

"Where is she Toby?" she sniffed, "What happened to her?" Owlen could hardly contain herself. She hadn't cried for a long, long time. She'd never been much of a cry-baby, but now she couldn't help it; she didn't know what else to do.
Toby, obviously, didn't know the answer to her questions, so he just rubbed her back and comforted her best he could.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 27/01/14, 04:02 pm

"I'm right here," Charlie's voice came out for the first time since Owl's work. She knew the girl wouldn't hear her, but she said more for herself and her own sanity than much else. She'd never seen her flat mate cry, and she never wanted to. They were good friends now and she remembered when they first met. A bit Sherlock and Watson-ish if you asked them.
She'd just come home from a family vacation, just about to turn 18. Her family, not quite wanting to let go of the holidays, went to a museum dedicated to stories and authors. The irony of how they met was pushed even further as Owl and Charlie's group were ushered together to learn about the author of the Sherlock Holmes character.
The two had gotten to talking and found that they rather got along. Meeting up soon after and finding out they lived on the same street, the girls became just as they are now; good friends.

Ooc: I'm a fan of Sherlock, if you couldn't tell, and I had an idea. They could live in 221 B. Baker Street :3
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Location : CONTACT ME THROUGH MY E-MAIL FOR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE :)

http://newerarp.forumotion.com/u31

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 27/01/14, 05:30 pm

Owl's head lifted slowly up as the same sound, the one she heard at her workplace, came in again, except much gentler this time. The ringing was back, but only slightly, and the buzzing was much more muted too. The throbbing beat and heart-wrenching dizziness didn't come, but the static ringing and buzzing still lingered, as if this time the sound had whispered instead of shouted.
Owlen didn't bother asking Toby whether he heard it or not. She knew he didn't. For some reason, only she managed to here it.
Suddenly, another strange sound cut into the room. I was slightly similar to the static, except it held a steady buzzing beat and little bubbling noises shot off the main beat like sparks from a grindstone. But the main difference was Toby could hear it too.
"What's that noise?" he asked, confused.
Owl just shook her head. "It's getting louder," she pointed out, "I think It's coming from outside."
And, sure enough, when Toby looked out the window onto the street...
"There's a police box out there. Have you always had one of those?"
In a flash, Owlen grabbed her stick a flew out the door and down the flights of steps that separate her from the street. Roughly guessing where the window Toby was looking out of would be facing, she began looking around with her stick until it hit something hard with a resonating, hollow knock.
A twist of a key, a creek of hinges and fleeting smile, the Doctor leaned out of the TARDIS door in front of Owl.
"Found you at last!" he cried, "I went to where we agreed to meet up and you two weren't there--"
The Doctor was cut short as Owlen slapped him across the face, "We've been waiting for two damn weeks for you to turn up!" she screamed furiously, "Where were you?!"

Ooc: OMG, I LOVE SHERLOCK!! Oh, and feel free to play the Doctor if you want to. You're a lot better at it. Besides, otherwise I'd have to do him, Owl and Toby. It would be a three-way-conversation with myself.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 27/01/14, 07:14 pm

Ooc: Lol. Three-way. ANYWAY. Sure :3 But you okay with them living on 221 B. Baker Street?

"Ooh! A new record! Last time it was 13 years!" The Doctor said incredulously, holding his hand to his slightly red cheek, referring to Amy Pond. He still felt a bit guilty about that.
The Doctor shrugged. "I got stuck on a planet that had a problem involving duct tape, a stick, and a baby carriage," He answered, waving it off casually. He didn't want to go into the specifics as he could barely understand it himself. Those people were weird...
"But I am alright, thank you for asking. Now, since you're here, where's Charlie?" The Doctor looked around Baker street and gave a small grin as to where he saw where they lived. He hadn't given a chance for Owl to reply, and noticing this he looked at the girl.
Something was wrong; it was written in her face.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 27/01/14, 07:32 pm

Ooc: Hey, I'm playing the Sims 3 and I created an investigator sim. I made her a lot like Sherlock Holmes xD
The Static Hour {Private} - Page 3 Screen15

She's extremely sarcastic too. For the Investigator career the Sim creators put in a dialogue for your person, and it varies. She's like Sherlock Holmes in extreme ways.
Take this for instance; she's in the beginning of her career and she's solving a case of designer shoes (don't laugh, she's solved a missing Sim (person) case already, though he was just at the science facility). When she confronts a guy who is a suspect and she bribes him, this is what she says:
"He took the bribe like a baby being offered a lollipop. Sucker. The fisherman admits to loving a pair of sensible heels, but he claims he wasn't the one who took the shoes. The two huge skis he calls feet prove that the shoes wouldn't fit him anyways. I should confront the second suspect, Thorton Wolff."
She's ever wittier things too XDD
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 31/01/14, 01:03 pm

Ooc: SMOKE, YOU'RE SO IMMATURE!!XD And yeah, I'm fine with that

Owlen looked down at the ground and suppressed her sobs. "She's missing,"the girl mumbled quietly, "She dissipated the day we met you. She's been gone for two weeks. Where have you been, Doctor?"

Ooc: That Sim looks great by the way. I haven't played on that game for ages xP
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 31/01/14, 03:36 pm

Ooc: I am extremely immature. But what I think you mean to say like us Americans do is 'perverted' ;D

The Doctor's face fell as he heard the news. It had already gotten to her. Whatever 'it' is. This was not good. He needed BOTH of them to help him, and now he's got the facts ripped right from his hands. He needed Charlie to size up what they were going against, and now he had Owl.
Owl was always meant to help lead them, as her blindness made her special. He didn't know how, and Charlie was supposed to help figure it out. That'll have to wait.
"Owl, I need you to get ahold of yourself and tell me if anything else has been different since 2 weeks ago," The Doctor said, the urgency shown in his voice. If she'd noticed something, they were one step closer to finding Charlie, who was looking at Owl, hoping she'd tell him about the noise she'd heard. How much she wanted to hear the acknowledging words be spoken was almost painful.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 01/02/14, 02:07 pm

Ooc: That's exactly it!XD

Owl thought for a moment. "Can I come it first? So we can talk about this properly."
The girl let herself in and knocked around with her stick for a while until she found a step and sat down.
"Doctor, there is one thing I've noticed," Owlen began. "On that day we met you, the same day Charlie vanished, I heard a strange noise whilst working. I didn't think much of it at the time, but then I couldn;t find Charlie and... Oh, I don't know. It was a sort of crackling, ringing sound, like static from a TV. It came and went very suddenly, and I've only head it a few times after the fist time, but much, much less intense. What could it mean, Doctor?"
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 01/02/14, 06:36 pm

Ooc: *Bows* Thank you! I was the Pervert Queen in 4th grade. It's gone down, but meh. My rival/best friend was the Pervert King. You don't wanna know how dirty he could get. Seriously. He humped chairs.

The Doctor put his hand on his mouth, making a 'hmm' sound. He paced back and forth soon, and was stuck as to where to place Owl's findings. He was quickly becoming frustrated with himself, though it had barely been a mere 3minutes.
"I should know this! Why don't I know this? It's so easy. Like it's right, in front of me," He said, frustrated in the beginning before stopping just a few inches from Charlie's hidden face. His hand dropped from his mouth, his jaw doing the same as his eyes brimmed with a DUH kind of look.
"COMMUNICATION!" The man practically screamed, pleased with himself beyond measure.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 02/02/14, 05:40 am

Ooc: ._. ................
.............. *No comment* Smoke, you have issues. But that's why I love ya!XDD

"What?" Owl asked, utterly lost. She was really starting to regret placing so much trust in such a delusional man.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 04/02/14, 07:42 pm

Ooc: Why thank ya darlin' XD

"The static noise, it's something trying to talk to us!" The Doctor deduced for Owl to easily understand. "I just don't know that something is. Maybe it's Charlie, but maybe it's another being."
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 05/02/14, 01:17 pm

"Wait a minute," Owl said, trying to figure everything out, "Where is Charlie? How can we get to her?"
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 09/02/14, 09:22 am

"I'm not sure," The Doctor said, bending down on his knees, staring at Owl's face. What was it that made her hear the static noise? Her blindness? No, that had no audio had no connection to the visionary parts of the brain other than when it syncs things.
"Do you have a laptop?" The Doctor suddenly asked, jumping to his normal standing position and looking around the room. Charlie was still incredibly useful, even when she was missing. He knew she'd written an article on M.I.A people, and that might help him figure something out.

Ooc: M.I.A- Missing In Action. Didn't know if you knew what that was, so I just put it just in case :3
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 09/02/14, 01:39 pm

Ooc: Okay, thanks. I wasn't too sure actually, to tell the truthX3

"A laptop?" Owlen inquired, "What does that have to do with-"
But she stopped herself. There was no point in questioning the Doctor, he was her only hope in getting Carlie back after all. "Yes. Do you want mine or Charlie's?"
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 09/02/14, 02:19 pm

"Charlie's would be the best choice, but can you bring both? I want to try something," The Doctor requested. He hadn't hacked a computer in a while, and it's been too long since he'd done it successfully and he was itching to get it done.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 09/02/14, 02:47 pm

Owl nodded before standing and making her way through the door and back onto the street. 
Suddenly she heard a familiar voice shout her name as Toby came crashing into her, "Where have you been, Owl?" he questioned, "I looked all over the block for you. Did you go into that box? I tried to open it but it was locked."
"Toby, I... I can't explain right now, I'm sorry," Owlen said, trying to search for an explanation, "I just need to get back to the house. Come on."
Toby, deciding not to question his friend, led her back to the house, whereupon she quickly grabbed the two laptops and ran straight back out again towards the blue police box. When she reached it Toby actually saw her enter it this time and he hurried over to try get in.
"Owl!" he called from outside, "What's going on?"
Owlen turned to the Doctor, "He's a friend," she explained, "I don't want to lie to him, but... Well, can't he at least see this place?"
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 10/02/14, 06:44 pm

The Doctor's head snapped up form the main controls t the two. He quickly walked over to the door and said, "Of course! The more the merrier, right?"

Ooc: So sorry, low muse :(
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 11/02/14, 05:40 pm

Ooc: Don't worry, believe me, I know what it's like XD

Owlen nodded and turned back to Toby who had just joined her at the door. "Okay, you can come in," she explained to her friend, "Just promise you won't get freaked out."
"You know, saying that instantly makes me freak out, right?" Toby answered with a nervous chuckle.
Owl smiled a little before grabbing him by the arm and dragging him inside.
Of course, Toby was baffled by the size of it and began asking all sorts of questions that pretty well went unanswered, as Owl handed the laptops to the Doctor.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 11/02/14, 08:22 pm

Ooc: Sorry for the late replies, I was just super busy today and forgot to log off :( I'm still part of the Volleyball team, but as a 'manager'. They basically shag the ball and help out with equipment. I'm doomed to be a slave for the season.

As Toby shuffled on and on with his question, Charlie had a hard time not laughing. She'd missed the TARDIS, after seeing it only once.
It felt real, especially with the state she was in. She could touch things in here, really touch them, and feel them. Outside in the normal world only the most angered 'spirits' as they had become to be known as could do.
The Doctor smiled at the friend of Owl's, giving him a 'I know! It's awesome, isn't it!' kind of look.
"I'm afraid I cannot give you a tour right now," He said as he received the two laptops. He then walked over to the main control panel, placing them down side by side.
"I need to check something."
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 12/02/14, 12:42 pm

Owlen, deciding Toby probably deserves a little explanation, gave him a quick summery of what's going on. She explained the Doctor was an alien with a time machine who said two weeks before that he needed Charlie and herself to help him out with something and he might be able to find Charlie.
Not surprisingly this didn't answer nearly enough of Toby's questions for him to be comfortable, but it was enough to shut him up.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 12/02/14, 08:40 pm

The Doctor continued to hack onto Charlie's computer, not being able to figure out the password. How in the world had she made her laptop so, so people-proof?!
"Owl, do you have any ideas on what her password could be?" The Doctor asked, starting to get frustrated.

Ooc: ou can come up with the password if Owl knows it :3 (Please make sure it's something Charlie-ish xD)
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 14/02/14, 02:07 pm

Owlen thought for a moment, pondering what her friend's password could be. Then it hit her, "I know what it might be," she said, "Try 'Gatsby'."

Ooc: Is that okay? I can change it if you want it to be something different.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 14/02/14, 06:07 pm

Ooc: ....
I may or may not completely love you right now XD

The Doctor smiled at the name of the password, remembering meeting the grand author who created The Great Gatsby. A great man, no less.
He type din the six letters, giving an even bigger grin when it allowed him in. "Thank you Owl!" He practically yelled, prolonging 'you' and 'Owl'.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 17/02/14, 12:35 pm

Ooc: Sorry, I've had such a hectic week and I have really low muse XP

"I thought it would be that," the girl said, smiling, "She love the Great Gatsby."
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 17/02/14, 06:55 pm

Ooc: Oh, it's okay Roo :3
Quick muse?

Charlie smiled at her friends, throwing her arms up in success. Now the Doctor could access her files! Wait... crap! That was her private laptop, and it had horrible and unfinished articles!
The Doctor, oblivious to the invisible girl's distress, began searching through her various folders. Eventually he found what he was looking for; her draft of a certain type of alien, that stole people away, as well as their voices. He didn't know if it was a good lead, but it was all he had.
He beckoned Toby and Owl over, hoping they would read it along with him. Charlie's face flushed as she realized this. Se was going to hang the Doctor by his stupid bowtie once she could touch again!
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next