The New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
News on LifeClan ~ SWP 2016
Button for LifeClan Announcement
Button for Plot
Button for Vote
Staff

Administrator

*Smoke*

Moderators

Roo12

Kitty

Retired Administrator and Owner

Mini~
Maps
_
Clans
Click to enlarge
The New Era

Twoleg
Click to enlarge
The New Era
Affiliates
Warrior Clan CatsThe New EraThe New EraThe New Era
Latest topics
» Old friends getting in touch!
A Life-Altering Choice! {Private; Roo&Smoke) Empty26/06/20, 10:07 pm by *Smoke*

» A Life Worth Living and Loving (Private)
A Life-Altering Choice! {Private; Roo&Smoke) Empty05/06/17, 11:03 am by Kit

» Mediterranean Madness (Private; Roo & Smoke)
A Life-Altering Choice! {Private; Roo&Smoke) Empty06/04/17, 05:28 pm by Roo12

» In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~
A Life-Altering Choice! {Private; Roo&Smoke) Empty29/03/17, 07:32 am by Searisha

» Character Creation Guideline and Forms
A Life-Altering Choice! {Private; Roo&Smoke) Empty09/02/17, 09:45 pm by hollyleaf6610

» ThunderClan Allegiances
A Life-Altering Choice! {Private; Roo&Smoke) Empty09/02/17, 09:29 pm by hollyleaf6610

» Snowfang of Windclan
A Life-Altering Choice! {Private; Roo&Smoke) Empty26/01/17, 03:37 am by Silver

» Hey I'm new (^._.^)_/
A Life-Altering Choice! {Private; Roo&Smoke) Empty22/01/17, 06:25 pm by Roo12

» Hi, I'm new!
A Life-Altering Choice! {Private; Roo&Smoke) Empty01/01/17, 05:59 pm by Searisha

» Starlingpaw of ShadowClan
A Life-Altering Choice! {Private; Roo&Smoke) Empty01/01/17, 09:20 am by Searisha

A Life-Altering Choice! {Private; Roo&Smoke)

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

A Life-Altering Choice! {Private; Roo&Smoke) Empty A Life-Altering Choice! {Private; Roo&Smoke)

Post by *Smoke* 27/05/14, 07:58 pm

A Life-Altering Choice! {Private; Roo&Smoke) Jay410

Jay's heart races as he runs as fast as he can down the cobblestone street, down toward his best friend's house. They were going to be late to the Pokémon initiation if they didn't hurry up. His mother was waving goodbye to him, tears in her eyes. The most prominent thing she could see of her oldest child now was his dark orange bag he had strapped on his back.
The ten ear old stopped outside of his best friend's house. Haru was a girl a tiny bit taller than him, and that was saying something. He was very tall for his age, and that meant she was as well. It had always made them feel more kinship towards each other than other kids their age.
"Haru! We need to go! Like, right now!" Jay yelled out in Japanese, as that was his best friend's native -and only- language.

Ooc: Don't ask about the scarf on Squirtle's neck. Seriously. I don't even know.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Location : CONTACT ME THROUGH MY E-MAIL FOR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE :)

http://newerarp.forumotion.com/u31

Back to top Go down

A Life-Altering Choice! {Private; Roo&Smoke) Empty Re: A Life-Altering Choice! {Private; Roo&Smoke)

Post by Roo12 28/05/14, 09:08 am

A Life-Altering Choice! {Private; Roo&Smoke) Huru_s10
Haru Satomi was sat at her desk, her fingers busy bending some thin paper into shape. She hadn't slept that mush last night for her excitement for the next day, which had finally come. After a few seconds, Haru sat still, looking down at her hands that held a newly-made paper plane, sculpted from the memories of her father's teachings on how to make the best paper plane ever.
Standing from her seat, Haru crossed over to the open window of her little bedroom that faced the sea. Breathing in the salty, cool air, the girl leaned out and cast the plane into the wind, watching it soar higher and higher into the blue sky.
Suddenly, her thoughts were interrupted by a familiar voice cutting into her mind. It was he best friend, Eiji, calling to her from the front door. It was at that moment that Haru, with a panicked glance at her clock, realized the time and the place. They were going to be late!
Grabbing her half-full blue rucksack from her wooden floor, the girl pushed some of the stuff on her desk into her bag, including some paints, pencils and a paper pad, as well as her clock. Then, almost forgetting to pack her wooden plane and her Pokemon treats, Haru crashed down the stairs of her small seaside house. She found her mother and brother Ashitaka waiting for at the door, and was greeted by both Eiji and her dad as he exited his workshop at the end of the garden.
Bidding a tearful yet high-spirited farewell to each of her family in turn, Haru joined her friend by the gate, her face beaming with excitement. 
"Are you ready?" she asked, giving the boy a friendly shove.

Ooc: Love the picture Smoke. And Squirtle looks fabulous ;D
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

A Life-Altering Choice! {Private; Roo&Smoke) Empty Re: A Life-Altering Choice! {Private; Roo&Smoke)

Post by *Smoke* 28/05/14, 12:10 pm

"You bet! Race you there!" Jay laughed, bolting off as his hiking boot's made loud clacking noises against the old cobblestone road. He could already feel the ocean's wind bidding him goodbye, as he could hear it in his ears along with his pounding heart.
His only love, water, would never be left behind. He knew he was going to choose the water-type Pokémon. Squirtle would become his new passion, and they would sail the world together, until they finally joined the Pokémon league together!
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 28/05/14, 12:27 pm

Haru laughed as she sprinted just behind Jay, her arms outstretched as the breeze kissed her fingers and cheeks. It wasn't easy to run with all her luggage and heavy boots, but she managed to keep up with her friend well enough, sprinting down the road just behind him.
Pondering on the coming decision she and Eiji would have to make, Haru wasn't certain which Pokemon she would pick out of the three. Her father, Jiro, never pursued a Pokemon trainer's life, but went straight into the airplane business. Naoko, her mother, did go on her own Pokemon journey for a few years, choosing Bulbasaur and evolving it once. But she soon gave up to work in a Pokemon clinic, where she met Haru's dad. Her Ivysaur still sleeps in the back garden, but is very old and doesn't do much.
Haru thought about this with slight concern until Professor Aspen's center came into view, and her child-like excitement took over again.
"Look over there, Eiji!" the girl called, "That's where we're going!"
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 28/05/14, 10:48 pm

Eiji laughed in return, his old tan bag bouncing against his back as he sped up his gait. Ahead of him, in the center, was Squirtle. Soon it would be his Squirtle, his very first Pokémon, and his very first memory of his Pokémon journey.
Once he reached the path that led directly to the doors, he slowed down to a small walk. He looked behind his shoulder to see Haru and when she would catch up to him.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 29/05/14, 07:38 am

Haru pulled up beside Eiji as the two began to walk down the little road that lead to the enormous Pokemon center. It seemed almost unreal, like they were in a wonderful dream that could never be real. But it was and that was the best part. 
They soon reached the glass doors of the center and Haru eagerly pulled one of them back, stepping into the busy building of rushing adults.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 29/05/14, 10:49 am

Eiji easily followed after Haru, the different languages in the air sizzling with excitement of the Pokémon businessmen and trainers. His mouth was agape at the awe of the sight in front of him.
"Haru! Eiji! How wonderful to see you are on time! Come, follow me," Professor Aspen called out, only a few yards away from the pair. With a look at Haru, Eiji obeyed Professor Aspen and began following him through the crowd.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 29/05/14, 11:14 am

Haru beamed as she saw the Professor and was hardly able to walk without exploding into a frenzied skipping of excitement. "Hello, Professor Aspen!" the girl said as she pulled up beside the man, "Are we going to get our Pokemon right away?"
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 29/05/14, 12:46 pm

Professor Aspen laughed at the young girl's excitement. "Not exactly. You both need to receive your Pokedex's and get a map of our region!" He explained, leading them into a brightly lit hallway. To either side of Eiji were windows showing Pokemon being groomed, trained and even practicing for their battles! 
Excitement ran though the young boy as he continued following the professor down the hall.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 29/05/14, 01:01 pm

"Oh, of course," Haru replied, trying to act more grown up than before, "I know where a lot of the gyms are, but a map is bound to come in handy. And I can't wait to see what a Pokedex looks like."
The young girl trotted enthusiastically beside the Professor, occasionally shooting excitable looks at Jay and sneaking peeks into the windows of the other rooms to see an array of strange a wonderful Pokemon. Just ahead of the group at the end of the hallway long hallway stood two large double-doors.
This must be where they keep the first Pokemon, Haru thought to herself, Professor Aspen will probably give us our maps and Pokedexes here, too.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 29/05/14, 08:10 pm

Professor Aspen led the two through the door, the double-doors swinging open to let them in. He spread out his arms above his head, as if to show off his lab.
It was a fancy machine-filled room, organized but messy at the same time. Each area had a type of research for it, and a few scientists were looking into microscopes and such.
As Professor Aspen walked over to a altar made of glistening white metal, Eiji looked around in amazement. His eyes finally settled on what Professor Aspen was standing behind.
"This contains three Pokémon, but first, you must receive your maps, Pokedex's, and Pokeballs!" He announced, excitement for the two young children standing before, about to go on a journey he missed being on himself.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 29/05/14, 08:42 pm

Haru's mouth hung open and her eyes blazed with awe as she entered the busy room. It was like a dream come true. Everywhere she looked, the girl saw something that excited her greatly; from a Pokemon eating its breakfast to a scientist cleaning his glasses, all of it filled her with exploding delight.
"I can't wait to see everything," Haru whispered to her friend beside her as Professor Aspen lead them to another table in the middle of the room, Pokedex's, maps and Pokeballs strewn over the surface, "Do you know what Pokemon you're going to pick? I honestly have no idea."
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 29/05/14, 10:58 pm

"Squirtle. I am going to take a piece of home with us," Eiji said, whispering just loud enough for his best friend to hear. A small smile played on his mouth as his mind was pulled into the future, trying to find what it would be like.
Adventure, mystery, drama (what else would you expect with a pair like Eiji and Haru?), and very possibly, failure. They might not get every gym badge in the region, but this trip, this adventure, this trek, would be worth it all.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 30/05/14, 06:46 am

"That's really nice," Haru remarked, "I was thinking-"
But she was interrupted by Professor Aspen, who had turned towards the children again, arms in the air and both hands full of items.
"These are your maps and three Pokeballs, not including the ball you'll need for the Pokemon you're receiving right now. These are spares for you journey, so use them wisely. However, if you do run out, you can always purchase new ones at any Pokemon Gym or Center, like this one."
The Professor proceeded to hand the items out to the two in front of him. Haru immediately began to scan over the Pokeball, then the map, analyzing it with deep excitement.

Ooc: Am I allowed to rp Aspen? If not, then just ignore this post x3
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 30/05/14, 11:42 am

Ooc: Also, I drew a picture of Haru, Eiji and their Pokemon x3 (p.s sorry about the crappy camera quality:P)
A Life-Altering Choice! {Private; Roo&Smoke) Haru_e11
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 30/05/14, 04:14 pm

Ooc: That looks awesome! :D You can control Aspen; he's not my character ;3

After looking at the map for a few moments, and playing with the Pokeball in hand, Eiji put the things in his bag. They fit perfectly into his old rucksack, and it made him beam proudly that he was finally going to become a trainer.
"Come with me and I will show you to the three Pokémon you might choose," Professor Aspen said, walking over toward a play-pen like area.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 30/05/14, 04:47 pm

Ooc: Thanks, it took me a while x3 And good, otherwise that post would've been pretty much pointless xD

After copying Eiji in putting the items in her bag, Haru followed the Professor over to where the Pokemon were kept, exchanging an ecstatic glance with her friend. 
"Now here, kids," Aspen began, "Is where we keep the three starting Pokemon, Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander. You will be walking away with one of these very Pokemon. But before all that: your Pokedex's."
Haru only caught a glimpse of the three Pokemon playing before Professor Aspen sweeped between the kids and the Pokemon, whipping out two red blocks from his pockets. 
He did like to tease them, didn't he? Haru thought to herself, smiling a little.
"These are your Pokedex's," He continued, passing one to Haru and one to Eiji, "Open them up and take a look inside. Each of those little devices contains thousands of Pokemon data. It comes in handy during a battle. All you need to do is switch it on, point it at the Pokemon, and it'll scan it and tell you all you need to know about that Pokemon."
Haru became fascinated by the machine, pressing buttons randomly to see what might happen before folding it away and putting it in her bag.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 30/05/14, 08:06 pm

Ooc: I may be blunt, but I'm not mean Roo xDD

Eiji looked at the Pokedex like it was a god. Everything was in this little machine, everything that he wanted to know; everything that he wanted to catch. He knew he would treasure this, and possibly request to be buried with it.
"Now, is the moment of truth," Professor Aspen smiled after Eiji had put his Pokedex away.
"What Pokémon will you two choose?" He asked, gesturing with his hand over the three Pokeballs.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 31/05/14, 07:15 am

Ooc: I know, I know xDD

Haru's heart dropped to the ground as the question was asked. She gazed wildly from one Pokeball to the next, completely lost. It was as if someone had given her a puzzle with only half the pieces and no clue on where to start. Instinctively, the girl began breaking each of them down, analyzing their advantages and disadvantages rapidly in her head until she was completely jumbled up and couldn't think straight.
"How about I take them out before you decide," Professor Aspen said, winking at the kids as Haru's confused expression faded.
"Yes please, Professor," she replied.
Aspen proceeded to open each ball in turn, opening it up to reveal a bright redish light that formed into the different Pokemon: first Bulbasaur, then Charmander, then finally Squirtle. Haru gazed down at the little Pokemon with awe, each of them incredible in their own way.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 31/05/14, 11:01 pm

Ooc: X3

Eiji couldn't take his eyes off of Squirtle as soon as Professor Aspen to it out of its Pokeball. It was so awesome! It would easily defeat fire type Pokémon, like Charmander, but be weak to plant/bug types like Bulbasaur. But this certain Pokémon had a sort of aura around it, like it was different.
Or maybe Eiji was just seeing the scarf on the Pokémon's neck. It displayed it proudly, almost beaming at Professor Aspen's nervous laugh at the Squirtle being unprepared -namely, not looking like an improper Pokémon.
"I'm so sorry about Squirtle- whenever he's out-" Professor aspen was cut off mid-sentence as Eiji announced his answer.
"I want Squirtle!" He beamed as proudly as the Squirtle in front of him.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 01/06/14, 07:55 am

Haru wasn't as sure as Eiji about which Pokemon she wanted, but one of the remaining two caught her eye. As the Bulbasaur struck some fighting stances and flexed his vines, the Charmander sat still, staring at Haru, his brilliant eyes twinkling. It was at that moment that the girl realized something special about this Charmander; his eyes were different from each other, one sparkling blue and one radiant green. Focusing harder, Haru could see that mischief and adventure danced in the little creature's heart and shone through his special eyes as he sat, wavering his blazing tail from side to side, letting the flaming dance brightly.
"Very well, Eiji," Professor Aspen laughed, "Collect your Squirtle. But be careful with it; its quite the energetic Pokemon... to say the least. And what about you Haru?"
The Professor looked questioningly at the girl, who didn't answer immediately, staring directly at the grinning Charmander.
Suddenly, a huge smile broke onto Haru's face as she jumped up with joy, announcing: "I choose Charmander!"
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 01/06/14, 11:06 am

"YAY! We have Pokémon!" Eiji shouted in joy, collecting some of the amused stares of researchers and scientists in the room. Squirtle walked up to him, stretching his arms up wide.
Eiji laughed and picked up Squirtle, who wasn't heavy but not very light either.  "Squirtle Squirtle!" He spoke, hugging Eiji after he managed to lift him up all the way.
"Do we have to put them in their Pokeballs?" He asked sadly.
"Well, no, you don't. With the way your Pokémon are reacting to you, I don't really think you'll need to," Said an astounded Professor. How amazing! Eiji has already gained the trust of Squirtle and they've only known one another for a few moments! And it looks like it will be the same for Charmander and Haru, Professor Aspen thought to himself. These two were going to be remarkable trainers.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 01/06/14, 12:37 pm

Haru celebrated with Eiji as her new Charmander ran up to her on all fours, leaping into her arms for her to catch it. Haru laughed and played with the little creature in her arms before Professor Aspen interrupted. 
"Alright you two," He began, herding the kids towards the exit door and handing them their Pokeballs for Squirtle and Charmander, "Here are their Pokeballs. Are you ready to start your Pokemon Adventure?"
Haru looked up at the adult and nodded, grinning widely, before returning her gaze to the outside landscape, squirming to go.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 03/06/14, 08:38 pm

"Of course! Bye Professor!" Eiji gladly shouted, half-running out with a beaming Squirtle in hands.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 06/06/14, 03:34 pm

Haru followed Eiji hurriedly out of the door, her blue denim rucksack hitting against her back as she jogged alongside her friend. Charmander, instead of nesting down in his new trainer's arms, climbed up and made himself comfortable resting on her shoulders instead. Haru gave one last, grateful farewell wave to the Professor before riding over the rim of the hill, a warm breeze picking up, combing the landscape as the golden sun climbed higher into the sky.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next